XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Mar 3, 2016 at 6:33 PM Post #1,969 of 5,194
I have the Fiio X3 gen 2 and have read how many think the Xduoo X3 has a larger soundstage which is something I value a lot. So would you say that the Xduoo is better than the Fiio X3II because it has a larger soundstage? I'm really considering getting one and selling my Fiio X3II because of what I've read but I just don't know if it's worth it. If they are equal in SQ and the Xduoo has a bigger soundstage I'm really inclined to get one.

Mar 4, 2016 at 4:42 AM Post #1,970 of 5,194
I have the Fiio X3 gen 2 and have read how many think the Xduoo X3 has a larger soundstage which is something I value a lot. So would you say that the Xduoo is better than the Fiio X3II because it has a larger soundstage? I'm really considering getting one and selling my Fiio X3II because of what I've read but I just don't know if it's worth it. If they are equal in SQ and the Xduoo has a bigger soundstage I'm really inclined to get one.

I would stick with the FiiO if i were you...... but if i were to upgrade from my current FiiO X1 , I would get the Xduoo as its cheaper and has similar sound compared to the FiiO X3 II

Mar 4, 2016 at 6:05 AM Post #1,971 of 5,194

I would stick with the FiiO if i were you...... but if i were to upgrade from my current FiiO X1 , I would get the Xduoo as its cheaper and has similar sound compared to the FiiO X3 II

I agree, too. Fiio X3 II has external DAC function that Xduoo X3 doesn't have if I understood correct.

Mar 4, 2016 at 6:07 AM Post #1,972 of 5,194
Can anyone help me to find out if Xduoo X3 can take 256gb Micro SD (Class 10) and even 512GB SD card? I saw that it takes 128gb SD but not sure if it can take 256/512gb SD card, too. Thank you. :)

Mar 4, 2016 at 6:54 AM Post #1,974 of 5,194
200GB works just fine.

Mar 4, 2016 at 7:13 AM Post #1,976 of 5,194

Can anyone help me to find out if Xduoo X3 can take 256gb Micro SD (Class 10) and even 512GB SD card? I saw that it takes 128gb SD but not sure if it can take 256/512gb SD card, too. Thank you. :)

Such memory cards have not yet produced , 200 GB max from Sandisk.

Thank you. Is this one fake? I was tempted to purchase since it is so cheap and so big capacity. It has mixed feedback. http://www.amazon.com/memory-Smartphones-Tablets-Cameras-Adapter/dp/B01AL57HHM/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1457093398&sr=1-3&keywords=256gb+micro+sd+card

Mar 4, 2016 at 7:17 AM Post #1,978 of 5,194

Thank you. Is this one fake? I was tempted to purchase since it is so cheap and so big capacity. It has mixed feedback. http://www.amazon.com/memory-Smartphones-Tablets-Cameras-Adapter/dp/B01AL57HHM/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1457093398&sr=1-3&keywords=256gb+micro+sd+card

This is from an Amazon review to consider:

"Nobody currently makes 256GB micro-SD cards. Even if they did, you certainly would not find one for $20. Instead, what you get is a clever fake-capacity card that will appear to for at first, but will eventually destroy some or all of your valuable data.

*** YOUR DATA IS AT RISK ***

Read on...

Beware of fake capacity SD memory cards. This and many other cheap, apparently-high-capacity SD memory cards are often low capacity 8GB or 16GB cards that have been hacked (controller chip settings altered) by dishonest Chinese suppliers so that they show a false inflated capacity. That is why their price is so low. These cards are then redistributed by many clueless resellers and by many other fully-aware resellers who are out to make a quick profit.

Such cards will show their false capacity both in your phone and in Windows properties, and they will even work normally under low usage. However, once their true (low) capacity is exceeded, they will quietly lose or corrupt your valuable data. Files will look okay in their folders, but will be corrupt when viewed, played, or otherwise read back. Your photos, videos, music, contact list, and other data will be irretrievably lost.

Be especially wary of cards with a stated capacity of 64GB or above marked as "SDHC" (not "SDXC"). The SD card association controls and licenses the SD card standards and they define "SDHC" up to a maximum capacity of 32GB. For larger capacity cards, only the "SDXC" standard is valid.

*Nobody* currently manufactures 256GB micro-SD cards. The technology is simply not there yet to pack that much memory onto a single chip. As of Q1 2016, the top capacity for micro SD is generally 128GB. (The one exception is a very expensive 200GB micro SD card recently introduced by SanDisk.) Good cards are out there, but anything 64GB and up will conform to the SDXC standard and will be clearly marked as such. Expect to pay roughly $20 and up for 64GB (as of Q1 2016) and at least twice that for 128GB cards. The 256GB cards (full size only) run over $100.

If you do buy a low-priced card, the first thing you should do is test the capacity using a utility called h2testw. This will fill the card with data and then verify that it can be read back intact. The write phase usually completes without error. It is the verify phase that exposes the fake capacity. Testing the first 32GB is usually sufficient.

You can also test by filling the card up to at least 30% with videos or other large media files and then *most importantly* check to see if they can be played back. If the capacity is faked, the first few will play, but past some point, the rest will be corrupt.

Do not trust the capacity or space remaining shown in the properties display - that is exactly what is faked.

Search for "fake capacity flash" using your favorite search engine for more information."

Mar 4, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #1,980 of 5,194
What's so hilarious is that the product picture has obviously been photoshopped to say "256."  What an awful fake!

If you want a big card, the Sandisk 200GB is on sale on Amazon for $80.  That's a pretty hot deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back