XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Nov 12, 2015 at 4:02 AM Post #437 of 5,194
  Hello ladies and gentleman, 

I've just recently purchased the xduoo x3 with trasam ha2 (extreme edition) headphone amplifier from Taobao. I was originally planning to purchase the x3ii from Fiio, but after checking out the tech specs, it seems like both of these DAP's are using the same DAC chip, just that they differ in the opamp department.

Are these the only difference? Have I made a wrong choice to buy the xduoo x3? (This is my first dap btw) My current gear consists of
Audio Technica ATH-A700
Audio Technica ATH-EW9 
Sony XBA-1
Head Direct RE-0 (Amazed that the bugger has survived till now)

And I maybe planing to buy the Fiio EX1 or a Havi b3 pro-1
(EDIT: I went ahead and bought the RE400 in Taobao from 11.11 sale) 
How would they go with the X3 and Trasam?

Will the xduoo x3 and trasam ha2 amp (op2604 *2 op2107 *1) be able to provide a good sound and be sufficient to drive my gear?
I mostly listen to Jazz and female vocal. I like wide soundstage, airy presentations but also lush mids for female vocal. (Sorry if my description is off and sounding weird. I am still a total newbie at audio)

Thank-you

Bump~ Anyone can kindly answer my question?

Nov 12, 2015 at 5:09 AM Post #438 of 5,194
  Bump~ Anyone can kindly answer my question?

I can comment only on xDuoo X3 and Havi b3 pro-1, because I have this combination and it is absolutely brilliant.

Nov 12, 2015 at 8:15 AM Post #439 of 5,194
  Hello ladies and gentleman, 

I've just recently purchased the xduoo x3 with trasam ha2 (extreme edition) headphone amplifier from Taobao. I was originally planning to purchase the x3ii from Fiio, but after checking out the tech specs, it seems like both of these DAP's are using the same DAC chip, just that they differ in the opamp department.

Are these the only difference? Have I made a wrong choice to buy the xduoo x3? (This is my first dap btw) My current gear consists of
Audio Technica ATH-A700
Audio Technica ATH-EW9 
Sony XBA-1
Head Direct RE-0 (Amazed that the bugger has survived till now)

And I maybe planing to buy the Fiio EX1 or a Havi b3 pro-1
(EDIT: I went ahead and bought the RE400 in Taobao from 11.11 sale) 
How would they go with the X3 and Trasam?

Will the xduoo x3 and trasam ha2 amp (op2604 *2 op2107 *1) be able to provide a good sound and be sufficient to drive my gear?
I mostly listen to Jazz and female vocal. I like wide soundstage, airy presentations but also lush mids for female vocal. (Sorry if my description is off and sounding weird. I am still a total newbie at audio)

Thank-you

The problem with your question is I don't think many people here have heard (or heard of) the Trasam HA2 portable amp you're using, when we add this amp into the equation it leaves giving guidance at a road stop. I think you will be happy with XDuoo X3, its nearly impossible to go wrong for the money, you can surely add your Trasam amplifier into the mix.

Then you can tell 'us' how it sounds. 
wink_face.gif

Nov 12, 2015 at 8:28 AM Post #440 of 5,194

The problem with your question is I don't think many people here have heard (or heard of) the Trasam HA2 portable amp you're using, when we add this amp into the equation it leaves giving guidance at a road stop. I think you will be happy with XDuoo X3, its nearly impossible to go wrong for the money, you can surely add your Trasam amplifier into the mix.

Then you can tell 'us' how it sounds. 
wink_face.gif

Okay, will do. From this review:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/684159/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-headphones-iems-amps-dacs/16035#post_11595856 by twister6, it seems like it is meant as a direct competitor against the Fiio E12. Will report back with pictures and thoughts  (which maybe inaccurate as I am still a budding newbie) once the shipment arrives from taobao.

Cheers~!

Nov 12, 2015 at 8:30 AM Post #441 of 5,194
@AudioNewbi3 i too have the ath ew9 and im considering picking up the xduoo x3. i'd love to know how they sound together when you get your x3 :)

Nov 12, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #442 of 5,194
I've ordered one from aliexpress on 11.11 so I would like to ask you if is there any msd card/brand recommended for this player?

ATM I use an OV 32GB class10 msd with my xDuoo X2, but it's not the best because it's performance drops drastically, it's read speed falls back to a few kbps for 1-3secs and it's just like when you play a cd with a big scratch on it. (it's do the same with Colorfly C3 player)

So any suggestion what should I buy? Kingston maybe?

Nov 12, 2015 at 7:21 PM Post #443 of 5,194
  I've ordered one from aliexpress on 11.11 so I would like to ask you if is there any msd card/brand recommended for this player?

ATM I use an OV 32GB class10 msd with my xDuoo X2, but it's not the best because it's performance drops drastically, it's read speed falls back to a few kbps for 1-3secs and it's just like when you play a cd with a big scratch on it. (it's do the same with Colorfly C3 player)

It's mainly a personal preference. Personally, I've preferred adata for a while but mainly because I haven't had issues with them and not because they have a speed advantage or something.

Nov 13, 2015 at 12:58 AM Post #444 of 5,194
Thanks to Luke, I've got the xDuoo X3 on loan for a bit. They pair pretty nicely. Makes the FLC8S much brighter and more vibrant, even with the gun metal nozzle. Really nice!

Nov 13, 2015 at 3:26 AM Post #445 of 5,194

Went with Samsung EVO 64GB class 10 after some online search. 128GB cards are a bit expensive yet, I think 2X64GB is the way to go price-performance wise, at least here in EU.

Nov 13, 2015 at 2:46 PM Post #448 of 5,194

I use a 32gb kingston class 4 with no issues at all, it is the one i used in my X2 but I use a standard 2gb card in my X2 and had no issues when I use that maybe its just an issue with your card? The only time I notice anything between the two of them is when syncing the my music due to the transfer speed to load them up. 

Nov 13, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #449 of 5,194
Several aliexpress vendors are offering X3 bundles with a TF card and some Fokoos earphones. My gold X3 16GB bundle was less than $110 and even after being shipped DHL, was less than $120 (with a coupon). Bought yesterday... Now I have to get it past the Mrs, who's better than US Customs at sniffing out my electronics purchases from aliexpress.

My oldest daughter can have the TF for her camera while my youngest daughter gets the cheapo iems for the gym. I have a couple of 64GB cards waiting.

Shhhh... Christmas in November.

Nov 13, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #450 of 5,194
Several aliexpress vendors are offering X3 bundles with a TF card and some Fokoos earphones. My gold X3 16GB bundle was less than $110 and even after being shipped DHL, was less than $120 (with a coupon). Bought yesterday... Now I have to get it past the Mrs, who's better than US Customs at sniffing out my electronics purchases from aliexpress.

My oldest daughter can have the TF for her camera while my youngest daughter gets the cheapo iems for the gym. I have a couple of 64GB cards waiting.

Shhhh... Christmas in November.

I did it too....shhh but with a pair of headphones and a portable amp....shhhh shes coming!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back