XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Nov 10, 2015 at 1:17 PM Post #421 of 5,194
  I have ready about 9 pages of this thread(but I am at work and have to stop). I have had the X2 for several months and enjoy it. My problem with the X2 was its inability to be able to shuffle between album folders, where I have to just have one card with all the songs jumbled together(firmware v6.0). Anyway my question regarding the X3 is can it easily shuffle a song from one album folder and then go the next random song from another album folder, or do all the songs have to be in one giant folder? Also, how does it compare to the HiSound V 3rd Anniversary aside from the battery life?

The layout in the folder when you have it displayed in Windows is the same. Music folder - Artist - Album if using Windows media player to transfer to the X3 so not all in one big folder. 

Nov 11, 2015 at 5:13 AM Post #422 of 5,194
Hi @H20Fidelity, I have just seen you own the iBasso DX80. I was wondering how does this player compare against the xduoo x3 in terms of sound quality.

I am definately not interested in the extra features that fancy players have as I am only going to use the player to play music while in the car, at home or in the metro. Therefore I wondered if the extra 300 eur that it costs its justified in terms of sound.

I would mainly listen to electronic music using v moda m80, m100, fiio ex1, moxpad x3 and soundmagic e10.

I know this is a hard question to answer and there might not be a perfect answer. I like the desing of the new iBasso but after buying the Fiio X3ii and not liking its sound signature I wonder if I should just go for the xduoo x3 (btw, I have already purchased the xduoo x2 and its on its way to me :) - I would mainly use this unit for the gym).

Nov 11, 2015 at 5:14 AM Post #423 of 5,194
Ordered from Aliexpress! Thanks for starting this thread and all the comments 
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 11, 2015 at 5:31 AM Post #425 of 5,194
Feeding the X3 lineout to O2 (and warmer sounding amp) providing a very favourable results. I think X3 likes to be paired with a warmer IEM. The level of detail extraction for its price point is very high. It is as detail as ODAC/iBasso DX90.

I don't think in its price bracket there is anything as good as it. 

I am having mix results with headphone out, it really comes down to pairing it with the right IEM however lineout is very capable. I also do not think it is a trueline out, or at least I havent tested it enough to tell the difference between the lineout or headphone out when using it with an amp. 

Nov 11, 2015 at 5:41 AM Post #426 of 5,194
  Hi @H20Fidelity, I have just seen you own the iBasso DX80. I was wondering how does this player compare against the xduoo x3 in terms of sound quality.

I am definately not interested in the extra features that fancy players have as I am only going to use the player to play music while in the car, at home or in the metro. Therefore I wondered if the extra 300 eur that it costs its justified in terms of sound.

I would mainly listen to electronic music using v moda m80, m100, fiio ex1, moxpad x3 and soundmagic e10.

I know this is a hard question to answer and there might not be a perfect answer. I like the desing of the new iBasso but after buying the Fiio X3ii and not liking its sound signature I wonder if I should just go for the xduoo x3 (btw, I have already purchased the xduoo x2 and its on its way to me :) - I would mainly use this unit for the gym).

iBasso DX80 is a lot more expensive, almost x3 more expensive than XDuoo X3, its sound is higher in resolution, the detail retrieval and clarity are strong characteristics of DX80, it can sound somewhat vibrant. The XDuoo still sounds more spacious (as it does over many players) and a little more relaxed, however not warm or veiled like I found in FiiO X3II. iBasso DX80 is better than both FiiO and XDuoo players by quite a margin as its cost suggests.

If I was in your situation I'd probably take the XDuoo as its going to bring the best price to performance out of your current headphones and IEMs, you still have two card slots. Like you said, you don't need all the bells and whistles. If you were wanting to take a $300 - $600+ IEM further (scale it up) I would probably suggest DX80 as it can offer more for IEMs with a higher performance ceiling.

Nov 11, 2015 at 6:42 AM Post #428 of 5,194

iBasso DX80 is a lot more expensive, almost x3 more expensive than XDuoo X3, its sound is higher in resolution, the detail retrieval and clarity are strong characteristics of DX80, it can sound somewhat vibrant. The XDuoo still sounds more spacious (as it does over many players) and a little more relaxed, however not warm or veiled like I found in FiiO X3II. iBasso DX80 is better than both FiiO and XDuoo players by quite a margin as its cost suggests.

If I was in your situation I'd probably take the XDuoo as its going to bring the best price to performance out of your current headphones and IEMs, you still have two card slots. Like you said, you don't need all the bells and whistles. If you were wanting to take a $300 - $600+ IEM further (scale it up) I would probably suggest DX80 as it can offer more for IEMs with a higher performance ceiling.

Many thanks for your reply. I will order the xduoo x3 from aliexpress today and benefit from the offer they have. 

Has anyone ever heard of the Tennmak Dulcimer? Can't find any reviews anywhere. The seller from which I will buy the xduoo recommends these IEMs to use with the xduoo x3.

Nov 11, 2015 at 7:50 AM Post #430 of 5,194
Buy Ve Monk for $7. This amazing buds :sunglasses:

Hi golov17, I might buy these too. Have you tried the tennmak? Tony (the seller - I am not sure if he is the same Tony from Xduoo) claims the tennmak dulcimer have an amazing sound quality, comparable to 200$ earbuds. The would cost me 15€ today saving around 5€. I wonder if they are worth it.

I have recently purchased the fiio ex1 (99€) and I am really happy with them. I also recently acquired the moxpad x3 (15€) and I am very happy with them too - specially with their bass.

I wonder if any of these earbuds would add "something" to my collection.

At this rate, I will end up with a 10+ earbud collection!

Nov 11, 2015 at 7:53 AM Post #431 of 5,194
Needed to amp these so dug this out. OK its not quite portable but does the job very well it takes the BeyerDynamic to the next level for me. Yes it is a little dirty as I have not used it for a while but its getting a clean.

Nov 11, 2015 at 8:04 AM Post #432 of 5,194
Hi golov17, I might buy these too. Have you tried the tennmak? Tony (the seller - I am not sure if he is the same Tony from Xduoo) claims the tennmak dulcimer have an amazing sound quality, comparable to 200$ earbuds. The would cost me 15€ today saving around 5€. I wonder if they are worth it.

I have recently purchased the fiio ex1 (99€) and I am really happy with them. I also recently acquired the moxpad x3 (15€) and I am very happy with them too - specially with their bass.

I wonder if any of these earbuds would add "something" to my collection.

At this rate, I will end up with a 10+ earbud collection!
sorry, but i use only earbuds. Ve Monk,Asura, Zen - all great buds for money :sunglasses:

Nov 11, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #434 of 5,194

Users who are viewing this thread

Back