XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Nov 6, 2015 at 7:31 AM Post #347 of 5,194
  My review is up for XDuoo X3:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/xduoo-x3-dsd-24bit-192khz-cs4398-chip-lossless-music-player/reviews/14440

I tell you what, it if wasn't for leaving room for any slight improvement it would have been a straight 5 stars.

Nice job! I`m waiting for this little gem to arrive...

Nov 6, 2015 at 8:37 AM Post #348 of 5,194
  Nice job! I`m waiting for this little gem to arrive...

Great, you went ahead. Please tell us your thoughts when you receive XDuoo X3.

We can add your first impression to the first post along with the others if you like.

Nov 6, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #349 of 5,194
hey guys just wanna ask a question 

my players is currently on the way from china 

so i want to ask if you guys have ui lagging from micro sd 64gb x2  ??
what the experiance for it? and it can play 24 bit flac right ?

and if you guys are me what iem you prefer to pick for these xduoo x3 vsonic gr07 Bass edition or gr07 classic edition?? 

these 2 iems currently have same prices in my country 

thx for the info and please pardon my suck english because i am not from native english country

Nov 6, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #351 of 5,194
EQ

Ok peeps, I did send an email to XDuoo about if in the future there would be an EQ added, I would like to add I do not think it is needed but a few people have been asking. 

"We are telling everybody that we are working on that but it seems no one believe that because we are not making progress. But actually it is tougher than it looks to update the firmware, that could take time, and since we used Linux as system, so the EQ maybe can only be adjusted in styles, like: jazz, rock, classic... something like at last."

Just so everyone knows they are working on it and like they said they used Linux in this player for stability. If their support for the X3 is the same as the X2 then they will deliver. 

"We are using Linux as system of the player, which is different from other players, more stable, but difficult to add functions to it , this would take some time and please wait patiently."

Now that seems like a fair response and a quick one at that so hope this clears up some of the questions about if there will be EQ on the X3. 

"We advise customers to stop relying on EQ, because that's just some kind of electronic signal, which is not quite hifi"

As they are selling this as a Hi-Fi player that makes sense but still at the customers request they are looking at adding the EQ for us now that is service for you! I do agree though this player is trying to provide the original experience of the recording that the artist intended and an EQ messes with that. 
Anyway hope this clears this up for everyone and also discovered I need an amp now as my BeyerDynamic DT990 Pro cannot be pushed enough on the higher quality formats. (just the reason i need but when do I tell my wife I bought the BeyerDynamics?)

Nov 6, 2015 at 1:37 PM Post #352 of 5,194
  EQ

Ok peeps, I did send an email to XDuoo about if in the future there would be an EQ added, I would like to add I do not think it is needed but a few people have been asking. 

"We are telling everybody that we are working on that but it seems no one believe that because we are not making progress. But actually it is tougher than it looks to update the firmware, that could take time, and since we used Linux as system, so the EQ maybe can only be adjusted in styles, like: jazz, rock, classic... something like at last."

Just so everyone knows they are working on it and like they said they used Linux in this player for stability. If their support for the X3 is the same as the X2 then they will deliver. 

"We are using Linux as system of the player, which is different from other players, more stable, but difficult to add functions to it , this would take some time and please wait patiently."

Now that seems like a fair response and a quick one at that so hope this clears up some of the questions about if there will be EQ on the X3. 

"We advise customers to stop relying on EQ, because that's just some kind of electronic signal, which is not quite hifi"

As they are selling this as a Hi-Fi player that makes sense but still at the customers request they are looking at adding the EQ for us now that is service for you! I do agree though this player is trying to provide the original experience of the recording that the artist intended and an EQ messes with that. 
Anyway hope this clears this up for everyone and also discovered I need an amp now as my BeyerDynamic DT990 Pro cannot be pushed enough on the higher quality formats. (just the reason i need but when do I tell my wife I bought the BeyerDynamics?)

Well said. Don't like EQ.

Nov 6, 2015 at 2:33 PM Post #355 of 5,194
  Gapless would be awesome and the volume to be usable when locked.

I`ve found the most usable thing would be ... Rockbox 
beerchug.gif

Nov 6, 2015 at 8:30 PM Post #357 of 5,194
If Rockbox is on this X3, I would buy two or three of them.

Maybe when enough members have and like the X3, we can even donate an X3 to a Rockbox developer. Or better still, a developer buys an X3 himself and builds Rockbox for it (that was the case for iBasso DX50/90, isn't it? IIRC iBassos are based on Linux too).

Nov 7, 2015 at 1:30 AM Post #359 of 5,194
If they can't do an EQ with adjustable centre frequencies and Q I'd advise them not to bother. A 'style' EQ function is worthless and it would be better to have simple low-shelf/high-shelf filters.

Changeable DAC filters are pretty useless TBH. It doesn't have any effect on the sound. Just a brickwall band limiter or any filter really would suffice. An EQ would be a much better feature to have because of it's obvious and immediate results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back