XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Nov 5, 2015 at 9:55 AM Post #332 of 5,194
Thanks. I\m still at work and haven't tested it but as soon as I get back home and put some food and a fewbeers in me I'll get down to it.

Great, there's not much to warn or prepare for with XDuoo X3, its basically stable imo which is award winning status compared to some other Chinese players we've tried in the past. It's just a well behaved, performing device from my experience.

Plus, holding it one handed makes life really easy, the remote control length only makes it simpler for sliding in/out your pocket. Good on the go dap with the lock switch on the side.

Nov 5, 2015 at 10:00 AM Post #333 of 5,194
Great, there's not much to warn or prepare for with XDuoo X3, its basically stable imo which is award winning status compared to some other Chinese players we've tried in the past. It's just a well behaved, performing device from my experience.

Plus, holding it one handed makes life really easy, the remote control length only makes it simpler for sliding in/out your pocket. Good on the go dap with the lock switch on the side.

Yeah, I am a big fan of that form factor as I said way back when the X3 was announced and that's one of the reasons why I was so interested in it, of course, in addition to the hardware specs. I easily prefer it in my hand next to the fiios. 

Nov 5, 2015 at 11:57 AM Post #334 of 5,194
Yeah, I am a big fan of that form factor as I said way back when the X3 was announced and that's one of the reasons why I was so interested in it, of course, in addition to the hardware specs. I easily prefer it in my hand next to the fiios. 

Be sure to try the line out if you have any portable / desktop amps, you can take the sound up a notch further if required. But hopefully you'll hear the flavour from headphone out which is just as impressive in its own way.

You can't really ask for much more from XDuoo, especially if you find one at $110 USD. Hell, the soundstage is wider than Cayin N6, Pono Player and my DX90. Sure, the others will have an advantage in revealing detail, but you can't take XDuoo X3's spacious soundstage away!

Nov 5, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #338 of 5,194
I finally gave it a listen, so here are some first impressions.
I'll definitely need time to adjust to the button placement. Build quality is solid and I really like the form factor. And also, it sounds good.

The bass has big impact and seems to extend pretty well but in line with the overall presentation is a touch soft. The mids are sweet and inviting with a slightly warmish tone. They are actually pretty detailed but x3 presents the details in a more polite fashion. This can make it sound less resolving next to some other DAPs but the details are there just not as crisply presented because x3's note edges are a bit smoothed over. The treble extends well and again is smooth and on the polite side but has enough energy to keep things engaging but without harshness and fatigue. X3 is somewhat similar to x2 with a spacious warmish but slightly dry presentation, which makes it sound musical but without much warmth taking the spaces between the instruments and affecting the clarity. The positioning is pretty good but x3 lacks the separation of some tighter and more technical DAPs. The layering is great IMO, especially given x3's presentation.

Overall, it's quite musical with a warmish and smooth sound. It might not be as tight and crisp as other DAPs but instead it provides a more polite take on your music without sacrificing too much of the technical performance.

A friend of mine also likes it 

The N6 was unlistenable with x2 but it has nothing against its big brother x3, so I wouldn't worry about x3's output impedance and its performace with multi-driver iems.

These are just first impressions. I need spend more time with it and test it with other gear and also see how it performs through the line-out.

Nov 5, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #339 of 5,194
  I finally gave it a listen, so here are some first impressions.
I'll definitely need time to adjust to the button placement. Build quality is solid and I really like the form factor. And also, it sounds good.

The bass has big impact and seems to extend pretty well but in line with the overall presentation is a touch soft. The mids are sweet and inviting with a slightly warmish tone. They are actually pretty detailed but x3 presents the details in a more polite fashion. This can make it sound less resolving next to some other DAPs but the details are there just not as crisply presented because x3's note edges are a bit smoothed over. The treble extends well and again is smooth and on the polite side but has enough energy to keep things engaging but without harshness and fatigue. X3 is somewhat similar to x2 with a spacious warmish but slightly dry presentation, which makes it sound musical but without much warmth taking the spaces between the instruments and affecting the clarity. The positioning is pretty good but x3 lacks the separation of some tighter and more technical DAPs. The layering is great IMO, especially given x3's presentation.

Overall, it's quite musical with a warmish and smooth sound. It might not be as tight and crisp as other DAPs but instead it provides a more polite take on your music without sacrificing too much of the technical performance.

For the money its a very good player i agree with all your thoughts

Nov 6, 2015 at 5:56 AM Post #343 of 5,194
My review is up for XDuoo X3:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/xduoo-x3-dsd-24bit-192khz-cs4398-chip-lossless-music-player/reviews/14440

I tell you what, it if wasn't for leaving room for any slight improvement it would have been a straight 5 stars.

Nov 6, 2015 at 6:00 AM Post #344 of 5,194
I have spent the last few weeks merely with xDuoo and X3 and Shanling M3 and let my brain get used to the X3. Okay I still it shouldn't be hard for anyone to realise why Lotoo PAW Gold is the better sound DAP but that is a dap that cost almost 20 times more than X3. 

The real surprise for me was how X3 performed against M3 which cost almost twice as much as X3. To me X3 is a much better sounding unit and far more portable. M3 has few features that makes it more competitive in particular when driving hard to drive headphone but for IEM X3 is already powerful enough and to me a far more balance sounding.

Nov 6, 2015 at 6:23 AM Post #345 of 5,194
  My review is up for XDuoo X3:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/xduoo-x3-dsd-24bit-192khz-cs4398-chip-lossless-music-player/reviews/14440

I tell you what, it if wasn't for leaving room for any slight improvement it would have been a straight 5 stars.

GG mate, GG! Awesome review for an awesome product!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back