xduoo X3-B High-end- DAP
Sep 8, 2015 at 5:50 AM Post #108 of 194
Apart from the dual uSD slots (which is massive, I've long since run out of space on the 128GB card I use now) the most important factor for me is the addition of aac support (which is missing on the x2) - at least I'm assuming the 'ACC' mentioned in some of the specs is just a typo for 'AAC'. Most of my music from the last 5 years is encoded in -tvbr aac and I have no intention of going back and reripping.

No doubt whoever gets their hands on one first will be racing to post their impressions here. It would be nice if they could confirm that aac (.m4a) files work on this device.

Sep 8, 2015 at 6:16 AM Post #110 of 194
I see that HiFinage has announced a review tour (in India) for the xDuoo X3. (I do see a date : Sep 14th)
https://www.facebook.com/events/1631491740467741/

I hope a few people get in on this. My impressions wouldn't be of much use, with my undemanding IEM line and solitary HP.

Sep 9, 2015 at 8:36 AM Post #113 of 194
Yeah, they went with fioo x3 2nd gen specs and if the implementation is right they'll make a killing at half the price of the fiio, lighter and more compact form factor and 2 micro sd slots to boot. And to mention it again - I love that they added a lock switch.

Sep 9, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #114 of 194
This thing keeps looking better and better to me. I can feel the hype buiding up inside 
biggrin.gif

Sep 9, 2015 at 9:11 AM Post #115 of 194
Its a good one, dual micro sd, nice DAC chip, friendly price.

Also those who have owned XDuoo X2 know they can design a nice sounding unit.

I expect the usual UI quirks, bless its cotton socks...

Sep 9, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #117 of 194

I expect the usual UI quirks, bless its cotton socks...

Most likely but at least xduoo has shown us that they are willing to work on the software and push updates. And they seem to be gunning at fiio as not only the DAC is the same, but the Ingenic processor and everything else including the naming lol 
xduoo x3 

fiio x3 2nd gen

Sep 9, 2015 at 10:24 AM Post #118 of 194
I will compare to my X3II which is quite skilled technically, like refinement, separation and coherency, but I don't get along extremely well with the tonality or slightly dull mids. Let's hope XDuoo tune thier mids with some more vibrancy, twang. Don't slack off on 'needs more cowbell'

Sep 9, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #119 of 194
  Most likely but at least xduoo has shown us that they are willing to work on the software and push updates. And they seem to be gunning at fiio as not only the DAC is the same, but the Ingenic processor and everything else including the naming lol 

They have different OPA: 1612 vs 1642.

Sep 9, 2015 at 10:46 AM Post #120 of 194
  They have different OPA: 1612 vs 1642.

Yeah, I just glanced at the x3 pic and posted it without looking closer and probably was thinking of the x5 2nd gen as it uses the opa1612 like the xduoo. Anyway, I don't know how they would compare in exactly the same implementation but technically bot opamps have the same specs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back