xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED!
Jan 7, 2016 at 7:24 AM Post #1,546 of 2,087
  Was using a Nook charger directly plugged into the power. No USB connection to a PC. Weird. It just shows the battery icon and doesn't play anything. 

I found this in another thread.

It does play while charging. While the charging screen is on, press the menu key for a bit and it takes you to the playing screen. 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/748909/xduoo-x2-small-lossless-player-with-microsd-and-oled/1305

Jan 7, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #1,547 of 2,087

i'm using the X2 with the KZ HDS1 and a dunuu 75ohms adapter to blacken the hiss: in this configuration, imho,  the xduoo is far better than the sansa: wide soundstage, micro-details, and a lot of power ! 

You have to accept a more basic UI for the X2, the use of mp3tags to remove the tags which can be problematics and the use of fat sorter to alphabetically sort the folders.

In my opinion, it worth the trouble.

I'm actually waiting for my KZ HDS1 so this seems quite promising as a pair. Does the adapter allow you to hear in "lower" volume too? I've seen many people complaining that X2 is too loud and I also prefer to have a larger scale of volume instead of having an extremely loud DAP.

yeah, I can hear things using the X2 that I just cannot with my clip+ (as good as it is)
you just need to spend a little time and effort working yr tunes out - preferably into folders., I personally don't mind spending time doing that admin, makes me feel part of the product as opposed to a passive user.

Regarding the folder organizing I always follow this path Album Artist\Year - Album\Disc-Track# - Title so I don't have any random files around. I hope that this way would fit the X2 too.

Thank you both for the answers it seems that Xduoo is a clear update over Clip+ according to your experience.

Jan 7, 2016 at 2:22 PM Post #1,548 of 2,087
i'm using the X2 with the KZ HDS1 and a dunuu 75ohms adapter to blacken the hiss: in this configuration, imho,  the xduoo is far better than the sansa: wide soundstage, micro-details, and a lot of power ! 

You have to accept a more basic UI for the X2, the use of mp3tags to remove the tags which can be problematics and the use of fat sorter to alphabetically sort the folders.

In my opinion, it worth the trouble.
I need to give the hds1 as second chance. They have not been burned in but I found them a little light on bass with the x2. I've never considered myself a bass head I find the edse and rock zircon too bassy on the x2 however I find the rock the most enjoyable of all my iem with the x2. I'll give the hds1 a few hours tonight and see if I change my mind.

Jan 8, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #1,549 of 2,087
On a whim decided to pick up both the X2 and the Fiio M3 as my clip zip and + were starting to feel like they needed to be retired.  I have to admit, so far I'm leaning towards the X2, and I suspect it very well has to do with the increased amp output over the M3, mainly due to me also getting the VE Monk in, which seems to respond kindly to the extra power.  I'll be sure to give both a fair amount of time to get a feel for them, but the X2 is the one I grab on my way to work every day.

Jan 8, 2016 at 7:49 PM Post #1,550 of 2,087
On a whim decided to pick up both the X2 and the Fiio M3 as my clip zip and + were starting to feel like they needed to be retired.  I have to admit, so far I'm leaning towards the X2, and I suspect it very well has to do with the increased amp output over the M3, mainly due to me also getting the VE Monk in, which seems to respond kindly to the extra power.  I'll be sure to give both a fair amount of time to get a feel for them, but the X2 is the one I grab on my way to work every day.

I have recently reverted back to my X2 over the xduoo X3 I bought 6 weeks or so ago . Its got a beautifully crisp sound I love it :blush:

Jan 9, 2016 at 7:48 AM Post #1,553 of 2,087

I have the VE monk.It really does love the extra juice, I am considering getting the Xduoo 2 for the gym. Let me know how it pairs( I have heard good things so far)

Jan 9, 2016 at 8:14 AM Post #1,554 of 2,087
@yacobx So far, I'm quite impressed with the pairing, but I haven't tried the monk with my Fiio X5 yet, which I love, to give a basis for comparison.  I'll try to remember to give it an adequate testing when I get a chance.

Jan 9, 2016 at 8:46 AM Post #1,555 of 2,087
@yacobx
 So far, I'm quite impressed with the pairing, but I haven't tried the monk with my Fiio X5 yet, which I love, to give a basis for comparison.  I'll try to remember to give it an adequate testing when I get a chance.

I have to agree that the x2 is a really nice pairing with the Monks. It really sings with the N5 though! Even if you don't like the x2 with the Monk it's only about £25 outlay and it's a great little dap that will pair well with loads of other gear. Plus it's only as big as a matchbox so it's ultra portable as well, I'm sure you won't regret it. :headphones:

Jan 9, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #1,556 of 2,087
I have to agree that the x2 is a really nice pairing with the Monks. It really sings with the N5 though! Even if you don't like the x2 with the Monk it's only about £25 outlay and it's a great little dap that will pair well with loads of other gear. Plus it's only as big as a matchbox so it's ultra portable as well, I'm sure you won't regret it. :headphones:

Well I have a modded iPod 5.5 and zen 2.0 but don't like carrying it around. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get the x2

Jan 9, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #1,557 of 2,087
Well I have a modded iPod 5.5 and zen 2.0 but don't like carrying it around. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get the x2

Get it buddy, you won't regret it ! It's a great sounding dap for the money and its surprisingly powerful for something so small. :beers:

Jan 10, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #1,559 of 2,087
The only thing I'm waiting is to hear about the new seiun dap that is really tiny and same price.

Cheers

Just been looking at the Seiun dap it looks interesting ! Power output is a bit lower than the x2 though, I don't know if that makes much difference though. Good luck with whichever one you choose. :sunglasses:

Jan 11, 2016 at 3:21 AM Post #1,560 of 2,087
I was in Audiophile's hell (no good DAP) for past 2-3 weeks. Thanks to my bricked XDuoo X2. My phone, even with good amp paired doesn't sound half decent as X2. 

Fortunately HiFiNage (Xduoo auth reseller in India) provided nice warranty support and replaces the player with a new piece.

Also, the X2 that I just have received is the newer version (Hardware rev 2?). It's much better than 1 especially in button department. The newer player has 1000 times better keys that don't rattle and are nice and responsive. Good that Xduoo considers feedback and acts on that. 

Finally in heaven again haha : ) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back