xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED!
Nov 21, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #1,336 of 2,087
You are right. Someone said that it's due to tags. I need to remove all the tags from the files? Damn I manually added tags to many of them. 

The stuttering is icing on top of the horrible UI.  Fiio M3 here I come.

I use MP3tag http://www.mp3tag.de/en/ to change tags and so on. It is free. I have never had stuttering, using a no name 32 gig card from Korea that my father in law brought.

Nov 21, 2015 at 6:07 PM Post #1,337 of 2,087
  It's quite frequent, I think once every 2 songs and it annoys me very much. I will try a Sandisk card. But will first format it with bigger cluster. 

Instead of formatting with different cluster sizes - just a suggestion:

If you have another device that uses MicroSD - like  a digital camera - or a cell phone - put it in there and format it using that device.

As a Mac user - that's what I always do - i just use my digital camera to format any cards that I need for a format compatible with my audio devices and never had an issue.

Nov 22, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #1,340 of 2,087
It's quite frequent, I think once every 2 songs and it annoys me very much. I will try a Sandisk card. But will first format it with bigger cluster. 

Let me know if you manage to resolve the issue. I'll try too.

Nov 22, 2015 at 10:00 AM Post #1,341 of 2,087
  I bought the X2 in Aug. It has stuttering problem. Is it that I got a defective player or is it native problem? It stutters during playback sometimes. It's heavy on FLAC files for like 4-5 secs and 1-2 secs on Mp3 files.

I only listen to FLAC on the X2 and not had an issue at all, can you try a different SD card? Also try plugging the X2 into the pc so it shows then format that drive while the SD card in in the player. 

Nov 22, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #1,342 of 2,087
  I only listen to FLAC on the X2 and not had an issue at all, can you try a different SD card? Also try plugging the X2 into the pc so it shows then format that drive while the SD card in in the player. 

I suspect it's not a card problem, it's a processor problem. You're asking your player to do more than it can do throughput wise. Try lower res' FLAC files.

Nov 23, 2015 at 1:17 AM Post #1,344 of 2,087
ORGANIZING FOLDERS or FILES ALPHABETICALLY (MAC OSX USERS)

This may have been covered already in this thread (I didn't see it in Search), but I figured I'll post this anyways for any of the newer members or owners of the X2 (like me :) who use OSX. 

I use OSX, but this will be identical in Windows, however I believe there are a number of FAT modifying programs for Windows which would automate this process. I have verified this method below repeatedly. I have a Sony PCM-D100 which also does not sort folders alphabetically, so I've been using this method on that for 3 months, and it's the exact same here after testing.

FAT modifiers on OSX? I can not find a single easy to use one for OSX (No Terminal or unnecessary JRE's please). Hence, why I use this method. However, note that if you have a tonne of folders then this can be an extremely tedious process. Again, as a MAC user I don't have many options, and I have a smaller library for this player (Around 15 artist folders). If you are the kind of person who likes to remove and add new artists all the time - I would just skip this altogether - the upkeep would be horrifying.

This is more for people who like to load up their DAP - and then never really add any new artists - but you can add new albums to artist folders no worries.

***WARNING***  If you click UPDATE MEDIA LIBRARY on the X2 (I use Firmware V7) - it will REMOVE the alphabetical sorting that you worked so hard to get. I don't know what that does exactly to the folders but it modifies some things and some of the folders will now be out of order - permanently and you have to erase the SD card, and start over. I've done this 3 times to verify on mine.

FOLLOW:

The X2 sorts all of the folders in the root by Date/Time stamp. Period.

This is the simplest (and most time consuming) way to do it so you know for sure it will show alphabetical.

Either connect the X2 to your computer to mount the SD card, or mount the SD card any other way you like (I just put the card in the SD slot in my iMac).

*Important to note - you should have all the music picked out ahead of time - this is because we are going alphabetically :) If you get to the end and then say "Darn I forgot to put ABBA on  there" - well, start over :frowning2:

What I do then is the first artist I want on the X2 - I create a folder on the SD Root with that band name. Once that folder is created (and timestamped) I then drag all of my albums by that band into that folder and let them transfer.

Then, create the next artist folder in the root, and repeat.

Every new folder you create, will show after the previous one on the X2. So go in alphabetical order.

You could just quickly create all of your band folders in one go, and do all the album dragging later if you like - It's all about the time stamp of the folders in Root.

All of the albums that you drag into your bands folder will be sorted alphabetically automatically.

Just continue until you are done.

Start the X2.

***WARNING***  If you click UPDATE MEDIA LIBRARY on the X2 - it will REMOVE the alphabetical sorting. I don't know what that does exactly to the folders but it modifies some things and some of the folders will now be out of order - permanently and you have to erase the SD card, and start over.

Once the card is alphabetical - if you ever want to add a new folder for a new band, that folder will appear at the very bottom of the folder list - unless - you modify all the folders that are, alphabetically, below the name of that new folder you are creating.

It's a pain in the ass - but it works.

You could also create all the folders, same process - on your computer some where and then drag them over to the SD card with the same result. It's all about the time stamp.

Of course if anyone knows of a way to automate this on OSX I'd love to know :)

Nov 23, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #1,346 of 2,087
For me best fw v6, v7 treble is too harsh, while v5 cannot feel the double pedal impact (im a metalcore)

Btw gonna buy some 800/1200 mah battery from ae, hopefully it will work with x2

Imagine x2 last 4 days without charging perfect :D

Nov 23, 2015 at 10:45 AM Post #1,347 of 2,087
For me best fw v6, v7 treble is too harsh, while v5 cannot feel the double pedal impact (im a metalcore)

Btw gonna buy some 800/1200 mah battery from ae, hopefully it will work with x2

Imagine x2 last 4 days without charging perfect
biggrin.gif

If you do order - can you post the link of the battery you order? Or at least PM me? I'd be interested in ordering too. I have 3 X2's and wouldn't mind modding one of them. Thanks!

Nov 25, 2015 at 5:53 AM Post #1,349 of 2,087
Tony, Tennmak sent me firmware 6.1E:
http://redfx.ucoz.ru/publ/download_a/1-1-0-22

Users who are viewing this thread

Back