xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED!
Nov 19, 2015 at 11:37 PM Post #1,321 of 2,087
Nov 20, 2015 at 4:22 AM Post #1,322 of 2,087
HI guys,

Hi, I have recently purchased the Xduoo X2 and was trying to update the firware but so far haven't succeded.

I have tried to install the TUSB_v2.23.0 firmware updater but got the following error message: "Setup requires that the device is plugged in. Please connect the device you want to install and make sure it is turned on. If your device is currently connected, please unplug and replug it."

I have tried various different USB cables and different PCs and yet I always get the same error message. The unit charges fine but it wont be recognized by any PC (it is recognized as a portable device).

Any help on how to solve this issue would be much apprecitated.

Nov 20, 2015 at 4:31 AM Post #1,324 of 2,087
The guys from Xduoo just contacted me clarifying that I was using the wrong firmware update driver. No wonder why it didn't work!

---

I have just installed the X2 update tool (this is waht I thought I was installing with TUSB software) and had no issues. My Xduoo has the v7.0 software now! :)

Nov 20, 2015 at 5:13 AM Post #1,325 of 2,087
I bought the X2 in Aug. It has stuttering problem. Is it that I got a defective player or is it native problem? It stutters during playback sometimes. It's heavy on FLAC files for like 4-5 secs and 1-2 secs on Mp3 files.

Nov 20, 2015 at 6:04 AM Post #1,326 of 2,087
  Just going to order my sd card for my x2. Whats the general consensus is 64gb ok or should i go 32gb?

xDuoo X2, rev. I, firmware 5.0, micro SD cards:
- Lexar x300, 64G, after 8 months, filled 97%, all is ok;
- Team Group x300, 64G, after 2weeks, filled 98%, all is ok.

Nov 20, 2015 at 6:07 AM Post #1,327 of 2,087
  I bought the X2 in Aug. It has stuttering problem. Is it that I got a defective player or is it native problem? It stutters during playback sometimes. It's heavy on FLAC files for like 4-5 secs and 1-2 secs on Mp3 files.

GUI Format, use big size of cluster.
May be card need dafragmentation.
What is your model?

Nov 20, 2015 at 9:09 AM Post #1,329 of 2,087
Model of card?
Strontium Nitro 32GB Class 10

I use exactly the same card. Yes, it has a stuttering issue. My former 16gigs sandisk class10 didn't have this issue.

Stutter is occasional though... I can tolerate for now.

To be precise it's the white-yellow colored card and not the black one.

Nov 20, 2015 at 12:00 PM Post #1,330 of 2,087

Thanks for that. I've installed V5 on mine just because people seem to agree it's better - I didn't really give V7 a chance...

I'm going back to V7 right away.

V5 won't play half of my music. I get the issue (which I saw in the newer firmware release notes saying they fixed) where the player 'thinks' it's playing the music. The EQ is moving, and the title scrolling - but the timer stay at 0:00 and no sound, although you can still play/pause.

V7 worked for me just fine. And since this is more of a casual player and I have my Sony for 'Hi-Res'  audio any minor difference in SQ won't affect me on this player. V7 again :)

Nov 20, 2015 at 7:05 PM Post #1,331 of 2,087
I use exactly the same card. Yes, it has a stuttering issue. My former 16gigs sandisk class10 didn't have this issue.

Stutter is occasional though... I can tolerate for now.

To be precise it's the white-yellow colored card and not the black one.

You are right. Someone said that it's due to tags. I need to remove all the tags from the files? Damn I manually added tags to many of them. 

The stuttering is icing on top of the horrible UI.  Fiio M3 here I come.

Nov 21, 2015 at 12:35 AM Post #1,332 of 2,087
I've probably skipped through about 40 pages now from this thread - and I just need someone to confirm something for me please cuz I couldn't find it so far.

The player does NOT sort your folders alphabetically - it sorts them by the date on the folder when you transfer them to the card in the player?

I see a post from June saying they were going to include alphabetical sort in the next FW - not sure if that meant 7 or 8?

That's how my Sony PCM-D100 works - and new folders added later get put to the bottom of the folder list as they are all sorted by date/time only.

So, I'm used to it if that's it?

FW V7 right now...

Nov 21, 2015 at 4:02 AM Post #1,334 of 2,087
  You are right. Someone said that it's due to tags. I need to remove all the tags from the files? Damn I manually added tags to many of them. 

The stuttering is icing on top of the horrible UI.  Fiio M3 here I come.

Haven't tried that. How frequent is the issue is to you btw? For me 2-3 second stutter occurs for about every 3rd - 5th song. 
Or maybe changing the card would make more sense. Anyways 32gigs are cheap now and you can sell your older card to someone... it should work fine in other devices.

Nov 21, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #1,335 of 2,087
  Haven't tried that. How frequent is the issue is to you btw? For me 2-3 second stutter occurs for about every 3rd - 5th song. 
Or maybe changing the card would make more sense. Anyways 32gigs are cheap now and you can sell your older card to someone... it should work fine in other devices.

It's quite frequent, I think once every 2 songs and it annoys me very much. I will try a Sandisk card. But will first format it with bigger cluster. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back