xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED!
Jan 30, 2015 at 10:57 AM Post #301 of 2,087
So what do you think about xDuoo X2 vs. Fiio X1?

In my country I can get used X1 for 100 USD and xDuoo X2 is abviously 55 USD at Penon. Do you think 50 USD difference is worth between these devices?

If there's no obvious advantage of Fiio, I would like to spend my money on better headphones.:)  

X1 sounds better, the FiiO is actually a really capable little unit packed out with features. Line out, 24bit support, loads of settings. If it's to be your 'only' DAP get the FiiO. It has better detail and refinement, but loses out in soundstage width to X2. Plus it's nicer to use. X2 is still a great unit which does its job well, but X1 is worth the extra $50.

Thanks for quick and detailed response! I like the form factor of X2 but I'm kind of a person uses his stuff for long time, so I guess I will get the X1.

Maybe get an X2 or Sansa Clip for activity use later on.

Jan 30, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #302 of 2,087
Thanks for quick and detailed response! I like the form factor of X2 but I'm kind of a person uses his stuff for long time, so I guess I will get the X1.

Maybe get an X2 or Sansa Clip for activity use later on.

Exactly, for active use when you just want to throw your audio player in a pocket, X2 has a great solid build to get the job done!  But if you want to get into entree level DAP market with a lot of features typically found in mid-tier more expensive DAPs, X1 is hard to beat.  Btw, keep in mind that a lot of IEMs with android in-line remote can control playback of X1 (play/pause/skip).

Jan 30, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #303 of 2,087
Exactly, for active use when you just want to throw your audio player in a pocket, X2 has a great solid build to get the job done!  But if you want to get into entree level DAP market with a lot of features typically found in mid-tier more expensive DAPs, X1 is hard to beat.  Btw, keep in mind that a lot of IEMs with android in-line remote can control playback of X1 (play/pause/skip).

Hmmm. I'm surprised X1 worked with in line remote...

Already ordered Xduoo x2. Maybe next time for x1 and rha ma750. Anybody can confirm that rha ma750 in line remote works with X1? Sound impressions?

Jan 31, 2015 at 11:16 PM Post #305 of 2,087
Ordered it 
ksc75smile.gif

I'm just worried that I can get some hiss with my Vsd3...
BTW, I'll need another case to use with it, since the Brainwavz earphone case shouldn't fit it with the earphones...

Feb 1, 2015 at 4:42 AM Post #306 of 2,087
  Ordered it 
ksc75smile.gif

I'm just worried that I can get some hiss with my Vsd3...
BTW, I'll need another case to use with it, since the Brainwavz earphone case shouldn't fit it with the earphones...

There is a very very mild hiss with the vsd3s but IMO on the go you won't hear it at all. And the X2 fits perfectly in the Brainwavz case.

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:38 AM Post #310 of 2,087
So between 760 and X2 what is your opinion

The 760 was quite a warm / smooth player, little too smooth for me. Good soundstage, bass impact. Not the most detailed. I'll take XDuoo in this instance. Smaller, cleaner, better separation.

So, anyone having especially good synergy with their X2? What with?

Feb 2, 2015 at 11:19 AM Post #311 of 2,087
The 760 was quite a warm / smooth player, little too smooth for me. Good soundstage, bass impact. Not the most detailed. I'll take XDuoo in this instance. Smaller, cleaner, better separation.

So, anyone having especially good synergy with their X2? What with?

Well, it pairs pretty well with the new Signature Acoustics O16 but this iem kinda defeats the purpose of an iem and its use in a portable rig with its open-back design as isolation is pretty much nonexistent and the open back doubles as speakers for anyone else to listen to what you are 
rolleyes.gif
. It does say in the manual that its intended for quiet environments but they forgot to mention not only you should be using it only in your home but you should be alone too. But aside from that it has pretty good synergy with the x2. 

Feb 2, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #312 of 2,087
Well, it pairs pretty well with the new Signature Acoustics O16 but this iem kinda defeats the purpose of an iem and its use in a portable rig with its open-back design as isolation is pretty much nonexistent and the open back doubles as speakers for anyone else to listen to what you are :rolleyes: . It does say in the manual that its intended for quiet environments but they forgot to mention not only you should be using it only in your home but you should be alone too. But aside from that it has pretty good synergy with the x2. 

Sounds like the Grado equivalent of an IEM in regards to leakage.

Do you still have GR07 you can try? I think my GR07 MK2 is a nice match with X2. I was also impressed with Fidue A83 and Rhapsodio hybrid. (within reason of X2's expected performance). I want try Havi B3 Pro 1, so I bought another pair, can report on that in a few days. Brainwavz S5 was also good, but one of the IEM that hissed with the XDuoo.

Feb 2, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #313 of 2,087
Just picked mine up!

Nice little player this, i find the interface easy to use.

Initial impressions is that the sound is good and it has some power! B3 pro1 sounds as i should and my TDK ie800 which is hard to drive and only at 10ohms sounds very very good indeed! Both of these are unusable on an ipod for example so this is a big + !

Feb 2, 2015 at 1:09 PM Post #314 of 2,087
I got it today. Just fiddling around the menus. After 5 minutes learn to navigate with ease. Sound quality i gotta say better than my clip+ and htc one m8.

Note: NEVER EVER RESTORE TO FACTORY SETTINGS or else all well be transformed to chinese. You can still listen to music anyhow.

Good thing i have seen some chinese folks here. I'll report back as soon as its fixed.

Feb 2, 2015 at 3:20 PM Post #315 of 2,087
Sounds like the Grado equivalent of an IEM in regards to leakage.

Do you still have GR07 you can try? I think my GR07 MK2 is a nice match with X2. I was also impressed with Fidue A83 and Rhapsodio hybrid. (within reason of X2's expected performance). I want try Havi B3 Pro 1, so I bought another pair, can report on that in a few days. Brainwavz S5 was also good, but one of the IEM that hissed with the XDuoo.

Well, you should remember me selling my gr07 mk2 quite some time ago. I might try it with the gr04 flagship, which is very similar. I haven't tested it with all my stuff but I just I tried it with my N6W but the synergy is extremely bad. The noble sounds overly warm, soft, veiled and muffled, while its synergy with the colorfly c3 is a killer - clean, tight and articulate. The difference between c3 and x2 in this regard is a huge chasm. That just shows how important synergy is. If I go and audition something like the Noble with the x2 alone I'll be bashing the noble a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back