xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED!
Jan 29, 2015 at 6:35 AM Post #286 of 2,087
  Got mine today(from Penon) :)

+ Really like build and size
+ Sounds nice with Dunu DN2000 I just tried with it
+ Works great with my 64GB Sandisk Card

- Menu can take some time to get used to
- Surprised how loud these buttons are
- Quite a lot of hiss with Dunu DN2000(But I can detect hiss on 99% of players)

Also, somebody emntioned some program how to reasonably order files on SD card(since it sorts them in strange way), any link please?

Our good friend @TrollDragon wrote the recipe a while back, I think it will come in handy here.

Post link: http://www.head-fi.org/t/637417/colorfly-c3-discussion-thread/930#post_9298345

1. [img]http://cdn.head-fi.org/1/18/100x100px-LS-182c0c0c_NeenasR10s.jpeg[/img]
  1. TrollDragon
  2. badge_headphoneusSupremus.v2411770217.png
  4. offline

1. 5,660 Posts. Joined 3/2011
  2. Location: Windsor, NS, Canada

If you are on a Windows machine then this little program called DriveSort which all the Cowon people used at one point works a charm.
http://www.anerty.net/software/file/DriveSort.php

Hook up the C3.
Launch this little program, click the first icon to select your C3's Interal or TF Card.
Click on the Root Directory, in this example it's the M:\
Click the Third icon to sort, and the Fourth icon to save the sort back out to the C3.

Disconnect and Enjoy!

I use this all the time and it's an easy 3 clicks to what you need. You can sort by Long File Name, Short File Name or drag the directories around to your liking.
beerchug.gif

Jan 29, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #288 of 2,087
Just received mine. Had ordered it just for comparisons. I am planning a Clip+ vs Ritmix vs X2

But this dap got me! Its output is really that 250mw high. And its clarity is almost top notch for a 50 usd dap.

The main minus point is the lack of its "play all" button (software issue. I think it can be solved easily if they release fw like Fiio does) 

Jan 30, 2015 at 3:56 AM Post #289 of 2,087
I removed the back cover with a metric hex-wrench, (1.5mm I think it was), unplugged the battery, pressed the RESET button in the side, plugged the battery back in, and put the cover back on. Be careful unplugging the battery so as not to wrench the plug sideways or anything, and be sure not to short anything inside. It's not too hard, just gotta be careful.

Jan 30, 2015 at 4:19 AM Post #290 of 2,087
  I removed the back cover with a metric hex-wrench, (1.5mm I think it was), unplugged the battery, pressed the RESET button in the side, plugged the battery back in, and put the cover back on. Be careful unplugging the battery so as not to wrench the plug sideways or anything, and be sure not to short anything inside. It's not too hard, just gotta be careful.

I have tried that and still dead. I've been in contact with PenonAudio. They're going to speak with XDuoo and get back to me.

Jan 30, 2015 at 6:06 AM Post #294 of 2,087

Has there been problems with Penon? I got mine from Penon's ebay store and it showed up for me just fine.

Not so much Penon, they're excellent full stop. More a couple of units slipping out with some QC problems.

In both instances, these units worked on arrival then stopped or exhibited some problems, hardly Penon's fault.

Rest assured those 1-2 people Penon will sort you out real quick. 

Jan 30, 2015 at 6:27 AM Post #297 of 2,087

Not so much Penon, they're excellent full stop. More a couple of units slipping out with some QC problems.

In both instances, these units worked on arrival then stopped or exhibited some problems, hardly Penon's fault.

Rest assured those 1-2 people Penon will sort you out real quick. 

I see. My mistake.
They've asked me to send it back. They were very apologetic about it. What can you do though.

Good to hear it's getting sorted!

Jan 30, 2015 at 7:21 AM Post #298 of 2,087
Here's some food for thought.

iBasso DX90 claims to use a new input jack which is suitable for up to 10,000 uses. They boast about this on the spec sheet somewhere (which I cannot find atm). I remember reading it somewhere though and the input jacks are very well made with a firm "click" each time. I cannot say as much for my DX50 jacks which completely different.

Here's the DX90 jacks.

Then strike me down, look what we have here on X2.

XDuoo, taking that build to extremes.... 

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #299 of 2,087
So what do you think about xDuoo X2 vs. Fiio X1?

In my country I can get used X1 for 100 USD and xDuoo X2 is abviously 55 USD at Penon. Do you think 50 USD difference is worth between these devices?

If there's no obvious advantage of Fiio, I would like to spend my money on better headphones.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:30 AM Post #300 of 2,087
So what do you think about xDuoo X2 vs. Fiio X1?

In my country I can get used X1 for 100 USD and xDuoo X2 is abviously 55 USD at Penon. Do you think 50 USD difference is worth between these devices?

If there's no obvious advantage of Fiio, I would like to spend my money on better headphones.:)  

X1 sounds better, the FiiO is actually a really capable little unit packed out with features. Line out, 24bit support, loads of settings. If it's to be your 'only' DAP get the FiiO. It has better detail and refinement, but loses out in soundstage width to X2. Plus it's nicer to use. X2 is still a great unit which does its job well, but X1 is worth the extra $50.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back