xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED!
Jan 27, 2015 at 1:42 AM Post #271 of 2,087
Alright, so after messing around with it a bit and needing to unplug the battery several times to figure it out exactly, this is what I found:

0: When it encounters the problem I had, you can't do anything via USB. It won't recognize the device.
1: Make sure it has a card in it when you boot it up. This may only affect it on infrequent occasions. *shrug*
2: Be sure the card is not only formatted, but contains music. I wanted to see the interface and couldn't use the computer with the card reader at the time. For some reason an empty card or one without music on it may cause this problem.

I got it working. It sounds very nice. I'm finally freed from the POS little bluetooth player I was running from my phone (which has no audio jack) that sounded like garbage. I have yet to explore all of this device, but I'll post some details and reviews when I've gotten more use out of it.

And just to be thorough, I'm using a SanDisk 32GB class 10 card, formatted in FAT32.
Just running my M50x cans, nothing fancy. I can't afford any more fancy at the moment. This is my first new DAP in over 10 years.

Jan 27, 2015 at 3:59 AM Post #272 of 2,087
I spend three days trying to make it work. some files would work some format error. Finally tried to check the card. Well was rated 80Mb/s but test result says 0.80Mb/s.!!
that explain slow transfers. Contact seller of the card on ebay demanded full refund. I received full refund in less than 12hrs.
I guess seller knew he was selling bad/fake cards. Button line is: Are you sure you are using a good card? check it and test it before using it. Mine was package just like a real SanDisk Extreme 32GB. 

Update: received a good card(Not Fake) today. Wow. I was able to manage 16Gb into this 32Gb card in 18min.
Sound great on my Home Hifi. soon will be playing thru FM modulator replacing my old Car CD changer. 

Jan 27, 2015 at 5:04 AM Post #273 of 2,087
Good news. xDuoo does the new firmware and already solved the problem for .flac tags
"Comment" and "Lyrics"
Coming soon?

Jan 27, 2015 at 9:42 AM Post #274 of 2,087
Good news. xDuoo does the new firmware and already solved the problem for .flac tags

"Comment" and "Lyrics"

Coming soon?

New firmware update?? Where is it available?

Jan 27, 2015 at 9:46 AM Post #275 of 2,087
New firmware update?? Where is it available?

Information from xDuoo dealer in Eastern Europe. Expect.
PS It is said that the user can not reflash the player himself. Joke?

Jan 27, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #276 of 2,087
Pulled the trigger today on my lunch break. I have been eyeballin this little thing for quite some time. Would love a more powerful alternative to the ipod classic, hopefully the output impedance is way lower as well. 

Even though i really do like the ipods, a flash based system is always better! 

Jan 28, 2015 at 7:01 AM Post #277 of 2,087
Mine arrived today! Just had a bit of a listen with my AKG K450 and B&W P3. Definite sound improvement over a clip with the standard firmware. The only criticism I would have would be the navigation buttons. I sometimes have to hit the middle button three or more times for an action to register. Anyone on the fence should give it a go because it really is worth the price tag. The only dumb thing I did when I first received it was I could not work out how to turn it on. I plugged it to the computer and the unit turned itself on so all was well. Threw in a 32gb Samsung card without an issue. Happy days :)

Jan 28, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #278 of 2,087
Using the X2 with my SX550 Extreme and Audio Technica...oh and also my Soundmagic P21 which I think people need to check out they are a great over ear love fest. X2 is doing well and we need to remember its only $50. You cannot really go far wrong with this little pearl at the price it sits in compared to other players. You get what you pay for but I think in this case you get more than you pay for.

Jan 28, 2015 at 8:32 PM Post #279 of 2,087
It is surely a nice looking and sounding player, especially for the low price. My only complaint is that the menu system is very fiddly. As others have stated, it often takes 3-4 presses of the center button to make something happen. Also, Random play is not very random, as the same handful of songs seem to play over and over.

Jan 28, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #280 of 2,087
My one just arrived! It is the cutest little player I've ever seen! xD

It looks like a mini FiiO!!

Initial impressions:

Solid build. Very FiiOesque. The buttons are VERY tactile, almost heavy duty feeling.
I got the hang of the UI like I was born to use it. (took a while to figure out how to turn it off)
USB controller is SUPER SLOW. around 700kB/s, need to use something else to transfer files.

Sound is warm and clear, not sure about bass extension yet (didn't sound like it extended past 100Hz? too early to tell). Treble and mids are good. Soundstage seems wide, maybe 10% wider than usual (again too early to tell). 

Tried it with the Fidue A71. Will update later today about Havi B3P1 and full sized cans.

So far, not disappointed with the purchase. The size is probably my favourite part.

Jan 28, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #281 of 2,087
Update on mine: I did a bit of swapping cards between my phone and the player, and eventually had to reboot it again with full battery disconnect. It played the whole day at work.

I have a SanDisk 64GB card in it now, formatted to FAT32 using fat32format. http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?fat32format.htm

It sounds awesome.

As for the middle button, I do find I need to press it firmly for it to register.

Jan 29, 2015 at 12:28 AM Post #282 of 2,087
  Alright, so after messing around with it a bit and needing to unplug the battery several times to figure it out exactly, this is what I found:

0: When it encounters the problem I had, you can't do anything via USB. It won't recognize the device.
1: Make sure it has a card in it when you boot it up. This may only affect it on infrequent occasions. *shrug*
2: Be sure the card is not only formatted, but contains music. I wanted to see the interface and couldn't use the computer with the card reader at the time. For some reason an empty card or one without music on it may cause this problem.

I got it working. It sounds very nice. I'm finally freed from the POS little bluetooth player I was running from my phone (which has no audio jack) that sounded like garbage. I have yet to explore all of this device, but I'll post some details and reviews when I've gotten more use out of it.

And just to be thorough, I'm using a SanDisk 32GB class 10 card, formatted in FAT32.
Just running my M50x cans, nothing fancy. I can't afford any more fancy at the moment. This is my first new DAP in over 10 years.

Mine is doing the same thing. I need to trouble shoot when I get home. Can you tell me the procedure you did to reset it. Thanks!

Jan 29, 2015 at 4:34 AM Post #283 of 2,087
Sounds like the Clip+ with a decent amp.
Unfortunately, ther's a lot of hiss on CIEM.

Jan 29, 2015 at 5:06 AM Post #284 of 2,087
  Sounds like the Clip+ with a decent amp.
Unfortunately, ther's a lot of hiss on CIEM.

Brainwavs S5 seemed to hiss a little. Probably one of the only ones I came across. It was 'quite noticeable"

Shame because it sounds nice together.

Jan 29, 2015 at 6:31 AM Post #285 of 2,087
Got mine today(from Penon) :)

+ Really like build and size
+ Sounds nice with Dunu DN2000 I just tried with it
+ Works great with my 64GB Sandisk Card

- Menu can take some time to get used to
- Surprised how loud these buttons are
- Quite a lot of hiss with Dunu DN2000(But I can detect hiss on 99% of players)

Also, somebody emntioned some program how to reasonably order files on SD card(since it sorts them in strange way), any link please?

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back