xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED!
Oct 29, 2015 at 10:10 PM Post #1,263 of 2,087
Haha, yeah I see how it could look sketchy. I've been reading posts on here for a while,  saw the sale, thought I'd join up and share the info with  people already interested in the player. Trust me, I wish I got a kickback, I'm broke as a joke. If you end up getting it let me know your opinion, who knows it might go on sale again.

Oct 31, 2015 at 11:02 PM Post #1,266 of 2,087
I did a little tweak I'd like to share with you guys.

I wanted to see if I could fix the lousy button sensitivity, so I opened up my X2 and took the PCB out and noticed that the buttons are actually milled aluminium themselves, which come to a very small pressure point to activate the micro switch on the front of the PCB. So what I did was put some hot glue over the top of these pressure point on all of the buttons and made sure to squash the glue down with my finger so it doesn't protrude too much so to cease the buttons when putting the X2 back together. What I basically have done is made a cushion over the pressure point which also made the contact area much larger. This has made the button sensitivity pretty much on point. The only thing is that long pressing the button will still sometime make the unit think you pressing the button repeatedly like it does before the mod, all you have to do is just put a bit more pressure on it to recognise that you're holding the button down.

Hope that help with some of your frustration. It did for me. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Next thing is to try and figure out how to get that mirror tint off of the glass without ruining the glass entirely.

Nov 1, 2015 at 5:15 AM Post #1,267 of 2,087
Polorizing filters are used in photography to reduce reflections. If you could find a self adhesive film that could work. Someone must have produced a anti glare streen protector all do some googling.

Nov 1, 2015 at 5:52 AM Post #1,268 of 2,087
Polorizing filters are used in photography to reduce reflections. If you could find a self adhesive film that could work. Someone must have produced a anti glare streen protector all do some googling.

Do you think that would work to cancel out the reflection?

Nov 1, 2015 at 7:31 AM Post #1,273 of 2,087
I just gave my X2 away 3 days ago so I can't try( bad timing at its best).  is the screen LCD based? if so it usually contains polarized layers already and adding one would mess up with the screen in all but one direction(when both layers are perfectly aligned).
also if the stupid reflecting layer is metal based(I really shoot in the dark here, thinking worst case scenario), then polarizing the light might not do anything for the "sun in my face" effect.

wait to buy something IMO, there will probably be someone with one for photography, or even a pair of polarized sunglasses to try it out.

Nov 1, 2015 at 8:24 AM Post #1,274 of 2,087
  I just gave my X2 away 3 days ago so I can't try( bad timing at its best).  is the screen LCD based? if so it usually contains polarized layers already and adding one would mess up with the screen in all but one direction(when both layers are perfectly aligned).
also if the stupid reflecting layer is metal based(I really shoot in the dark here, thinking worst case scenario), then polarizing the light might not do anything for the "sun in my face" effect.

wait to buy something IMO, there will probably be someone with one for photography, or even a pair of polarized sunglasses to try it out.

The LCD screen in underneath a piece of glass that protects it. This piece of glass has a mirror coating on the back side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back