Xduoo Amplifiers
Jul 29, 2023 at 5:31 AM Post #1,727 of 1,987
Jul 29, 2023 at 7:32 AM Post #1,729 of 1,987
I have a ta-22 too. I’m happy with it. I’m tempted, but I’ll probably wait for reviews to make a decision.

Curious about the DAC section. I know they’ve been developing DAC modules using akm, ess, and rohm for the xd05pro, which should release very soon too. I doubt we’ll get replaceable modules, but if they use the ak4499ex, a rohm chip, or even es9039 I’ll be very tempted. I don’t know how much that makes sense in a tube DAC/amp though.

Im sure it’ll add even more power, hopefully they can keep the noise floor low. The phone/tablet holder isn’t something I’d find useful. Am I missing something?

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2023 at 7:36 AM Post #1,730 of 1,987
I have a ta-22, which I’m happy with. I’m tempted, but I’ll probably wait for reviews to make a decision.

Curious about the DAC section. I know they’ve been developing DAC modules using akm, ess, and rohm for the xd05pro, which should release very soon too. I doubt we’ll get replaceable modules, but if they use the ak4499ex, a rohm chip, or even es9039 I’ll be very tempted. I don’t know how much that makes sense in a tube DAC/amp though.

Im sure it’ll add even more power, hopefully they can keep the noise floor low. The phone/tablet holder isn’t something I’d find useful
I'm pretty sure that phone holder is not included lol. it's just showing that you can get a phone holder and place it there lol. I saw other images that has the phone holder on TA-22 as well.

Same as you, I'm still very happy with my TA-22. Waiting for reviews as well :thumbsup:

Jul 30, 2023 at 10:24 AM Post #1,731 of 1,987
I have a ta-22 too. I’m happy with it. I’m tempted, but I’ll probably wait for reviews to make a decision.

Im sure it’ll add even more power, hopefully they can keep the noise floor low. The phone/tablet holder isn’t something I’d find useful. Am I missing something?

btw just a question. did you experience single ended connection to be louder than balanced connection? im not sure why the 6.3mm jack is louder than the XLR connection with same volume level.

Jul 31, 2023 at 4:40 AM Post #1,732 of 1,987
btw just a question. did you experience single ended connection to be louder than balanced connection? im not sure why the 6.3mm jack is louder than the XLR connection with same volume level.
I have not, but I haven’t used the 6.3 much. I found the output impedance to be higher on the xlr though. I’ll listen again

Jul 31, 2023 at 9:36 AM Post #1,733 of 1,987
I have not, but I haven’t used the 6.3 much. I found the output impedance to be higher on the xlr though. I’ll listen again

Thanks alot buddy. Not sure if mine's like that. Quite weird that 6.3mm sounds louder than XLR balanced when balanced has double the power lol.

Aug 3, 2023 at 7:32 PM Post #1,734 of 1,987
1691105111472.png

I noticed they decoupled the gain, input and BT switching from the volume knob which the TA-22 has with pressing the volume. I think it is a better change since it seems the volume pressing is sort of unstable on the TA-22. I still like the retro VU meter and look of the TA-20 Plus (prototype?) shown earlier in the thread.

Aug 31, 2023 at 6:22 AM Post #1,735 of 1,987
Sep 4, 2023 at 3:57 PM Post #1,737 of 1,987
How good is the xDuoo TA-05? I have one and I'm starting to think it's holding my headphones back.
What headphones do you have? The last few years has seen some good improvements to budget and midfi gear. There’s a lot of options

Sep 4, 2023 at 6:07 PM Post #1,739 of 1,987
Currently HD650 and some JM AUDIO XTC (Open) I just got. Just thinking I might not be feeding them the best source with a Sanskrit 10 mk2 DAC and the xDuoo ta-05....
They both use dynamic drivers so you could get an OTL tube amp. You’ll get a great synergy with the 650. Either the xduoo ta-26s or dark voice 336se would be good reasonable options. What’s your budget?

OTL amps have high output impedance and aren’t as versatile. If you think you’ll ever get a planar set a hybrid tube or solid state may be the way to go. A combo set like to fiio k9, ta-22, or Hifiman ef400 would be both a DAC and amp upgrade. I wouldn’t go too crazy on a DAC. You have a ton of options

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back