Xduoo Amplifiers
Sep 6, 2021 at 11:14 AM Post #691 of 1,989
Trying to decide between the TA10R and TA03S to pair with my Hifiman Ananda/DT880s. The shop I went to didn't have either model on demo but I managed to try the HM602 with a Topping DAC and quite enjoyed that. Any recommendations?

Sep 14, 2021 at 10:37 AM Post #694 of 1,989
If you need a nice headphone amplifier with Tubes, Xduoo could have the answer!

The one amp I am reviewing today is from their entry-level line, and it uses many tricks to reach our ears, it ain't perfect, but at 100 USD nobody expects perfection.

It delivers well on the sonics, if you have a separate DAC already, and is light, plus it has some of that tube magic, but more info in my full written review about it ~

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2021/09/xduoo-mt-602-tube-headphone-amp-freak-trickster.html

xDuoo-xDuuo-Chinese-Amplifier-Tube-Headphone-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-MT-602-MT602-Desktop-08.jpg

Sep 15, 2021 at 12:04 PM Post #695 of 1,989
I'm considering buying a TA-20 and I'd like to roll the tube but I'm lost...

Sep 15, 2021 at 3:01 PM Post #696 of 1,989
Hello everyone!
Sow-uh... I've only just slipped into the rabbithole along with the bloody apneademic so I'm by no means experienced yet, especially on tube amplifiers!
I've got the TA-20 on sale on BF because I wanted to start digging tube sound, but I really don't know where to start from with so many tubes to choose from...

What I'm looking for over the stock ones is a better S/N ratio - because yes, @arBalsekar, the amp has a relevant noise floor - a more spacious soundstage and good bass slam that the Massdrop x Sennheiser HD6XX which would love.
Not all of the previous feats need to be achieved together of course... There's probably tubes which benefit one over the other.
A little advice to get me oriented would be lovely, and thanks in advance!

Edit: Couple of important things I forgot to ask... Where do you suggest to shop for tubes in the EU?
How much would you suggest to get matched pairs for the extra cost?
I'm exactly in the same situation and I like to know where to buy decent tubes in EU...

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2021 at 3:46 PM Post #697 of 1,989
I'm considering buying a TA-20 and I'd like to roll the tube but I'm lost...
It all depends on if you want to try new current tube, NOS or used old stock, here's a link on basic rolling and differing types of tubes.

https://audiofool.reviews/tube-rolling-the-xduoo-ta-01b-ta-10-and-ta-20-12au7-amps/

I'm currently enjoying some British NOS Brimar, as to where to buy tubes well online there are all sorts of places. I've bought mine so far just via eBay or online stores.

Sep 20, 2021 at 4:41 PM Post #698 of 1,989
I’ve just bought a used ta-20, which sounds really great (first tube amp for me).
There’s just an annoying imbalance with the XLR output, left channel being louder. It gets me crazy!
Since warranty is expired, Audiophonics won’t repair it or help to send it back to XDUOO, :sweat:

I’ve tried all cables, sources, switch tubes, etc. But no,result…

Have any of you experienced this and solved the issue?

Sep 20, 2021 at 4:45 PM Post #699 of 1,989
Oct 1, 2021 at 5:06 AM Post #700 of 1,989
hi all.
question;
i have mt602 volume somewhere between 9 and 11 o'clock as normal listening volume. if i change to ta26, will i be utilizing it with less that of mt602? considering all to be same (source and headphones). i worry ill be stuck to volume below 9 o'clock. any input will be gladly appreciated. cheers!

Oct 1, 2021 at 5:30 PM Post #701 of 1,989
Trying to decide between the TA10R and TA03S to pair with my Hifiman Ananda/DT880s. The shop I went to didn't have either model on demo but I managed to try the HM602 with a Topping DAC and quite enjoyed that. Any recommendations?
Were you able to audition the TA03s and the Ananda? That amp also caught my eye, but I keep reading how supposedly the two are incompatible

Oct 4, 2021 at 6:03 AM Post #703 of 1,989
TA-26!

300 Ohm headphones are a perfect match for an OTL amp. They will benefit far more from this than from balanced operation.

Oct 6, 2021 at 5:11 PM Post #705 of 1,989
TA-26!

300 Ohm headphones are a perfect match for an OTL amp. They will benefit far more from this than from balanced operation.
Mmm…mmm…Senn HD600…ZMF Atticus / Auteur / Aeolus / Eikon / Verite…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back