Xduoo Amplifiers
Feb 17, 2022 at 5:11 PM Post #1,081 of 1,989
Last edited:
Feb 18, 2022 at 6:55 PM Post #1,082 of 1,989
This little amp (MT-602) is still going pretty good today. I stepped over to the T60 Argons this time and I had to drop the volume from 1:00 ( with HiFiman HE6se V2's) down to 10:00. This unit will be a nightmare with efficient headphones, but I have some idea's for that.

But it really is a nice sounding little amp. This has got to be the bargain of the year! At least for harder to drive headphones.

I am REALLY looking forward to rolling my additional tubes. Hopefully they have a lower gain/amplification factor.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2022 at 3:33 AM Post #1,083 of 1,989
Relaxing today (after much stress lmao!) with the TA-30 rolled (NOS TOOBZ- RCA-5U4GB/factory matched pair 68 Brimar's {99.7%)... Match sorted by friend from selective personal stocks/I am so spoilt lol...

rBY1hoC.jpg

I have way too much stuff, I spent 4 hours working through conflicts/driver/s for all my different dac's lol... I have no idea why I'm loling...was nightmare :imp::innocent::japanese_ogre::kiss::japanese_goblin::kiss_ww::ok_hand::laughing::boom::blowfish: :heart_eyes: :L3000: :metal: but at last tunes flow...happy days everyone!

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2022 at 4:55 AM Post #1,084 of 1,989
This little amp (MT-602) is still going pretty good today. I stepped over to the T60 Argons this time and I had to drop the volume from 1:00 ( with HiFiman HE6se V2's) down to 10:00. This unit will be a nightmare with efficient headphones, but I have some idea's for that.

But it really is a nice sounding little amp. This has got to be the bargain of the year! At least for harder to drive headphones.
That is what is so cool about the Xduoo Tube/Hybrid amps, the sound we are getting - and can get by tube rolling - is so sweet for such a small $ investment. It really is magical sounding so easily.:)
I am REALLY looking forward to rolling my additional tubes. Hopefully they have a lower gain/amplification factor.
Well, the Hybrid design of the TA-20/TA-30 won't provide gain variance by rolling different tubes. Swapping in 12AT7 from 12AU7 doesn't increase volume at the same dial setting, and it doesn't get any louder with a 12AX7 either.

The Hybrid design's pre-amp tube(s) as a fixed gain stage, and the SS stage is the actual gain stage.

The 12AU7 in the TA-20 for me gives the same volume as the 12AT7 and 12AX7, it is the sound characteristics that change.

It will be interesting to see if the Xduoo MT Hybrid models operate the same.

If the output is too hot for IEM's, then something like the iFi iematch+ would be a good adapter to plug in between the headphone jack and the IEM to attenuate the output of the headphone amp. That will give you deeper clearance into the volume dial, lower noise, and tame the gain :)

If you are looking for a great sounding 12AU7 that doesn't break the bank, the Ei Yugoslavia tubes manufactured on Philips and Telefunken equipment under license for both sound sweet. At least these sound sweet right now on my TA-20:

4 Strong Matched NOS IC Ei Yugoslavia Long SMOOTH Gray Plate 12AU7 / ECC82 Tubes
https://www.ebay.com/itm/124890637162

And, has a single "used" tube that measures well over 100%+/100%+, see numbers written on White box + Description details:

Strong Ei Yugoslavia Long SMOOTH Gray Plate O Getter 12AU7 / ECC-82 Tube
https://www.ebay.com/itm/125087578210

And, there are other combinations and a 12AX7 listed, and if you ask desireme1979 nicely she might have a new boxed single tube available. These sellers usually have a varying stock much larger than they can keep listed at one time:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_dmd=2&iconV2Request=true&_ssn=desireme1979&store_cat=0&store_name=michelleselectronictubesnmore&_oac=1&_nkw=ei yugoslavia

These IC Ei Yugoslavia Long SMOOTH Gray Plate 12AU7's are the most sweet sounding 12AU7 tubes I've tried - if bought/heard these first I might not have even branched out to 12AT7's soon quickly! While not as euphonic as the 12AT7/Brimar 6060/Mullard 8126/E180CC it is great sounding without any negative attributes that I have heard in the last few days. Easily a great recommendation for a first/last 12AU7, especially if you can get a discount because it is used but measuring over 100%+/100%+.
https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/preamplifier-and-volume-control/xduoo-mt-603-tube-preamplifier-12au7-p-15522.html?search_query=mt 603&fast_search=fs

Usually it takes a couple of weeks to get stuff from them, but at least the order is in :)

EDIT: I did get an answer from Sam at xDuoo already regarding tube compatability for the MT-603.
Quote; "Yes, you can also use other tubes 12AT7, E180CC, 12AX7, but the best result is using 12AU7,ECC82, we already adjust the sound basis on these two tubes."
That's great news, plenty of options for tube rolling!

BTW, the 12AU7 is the US designation and the ECC82 is the European name. Same tube, different "standard" name. Gotta love standards that come up with a new name to "clarify" things :wink:

The MT-603 product page doesn't mention anything about Transistor stage, so the MT-603 is all "tube" sound, so that will be fun! No interference from SS "cleaning" up the sound, it should be full euphonic with 12AU7 instead of a 12AT7 to "liven" up the sound.

Please see the Seller desireme1979 store, she has lots of single tubes with clearly labeled measurements in the photo's - written labels on the "white box"- and in the listing detailed text description. Measurements over 100%+/100%+ are technically close to new and should sound new too. desireme1979 is easy to message and get to know, you can let her know you are starting out and she will recommend inexpensive tubes - a good place to order any time, but especially early on when you are learning.

Lots of fun :)

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2022 at 9:33 AM Post #1,085 of 1,989
Im currently considering getting a tube amp just for fun. I know it doesn't measure that we'll.

Should have balanced Inputs, balanced headphone socket (XLR).

But how does something like the xduoo TA20 work with low impedance headphones like the focal Elegia or planar magnetic Headphones like the Aeon Noire 2?

Feb 19, 2022 at 2:04 PM Post #1,086 of 1,989
TA-26 Review:

Setup:

2021 Macbook pro  shielded cable micro usb in  Hugo2 RF output  RF into TA26 --> custom 64 Audio A18t

I struggled with EMI/RF issues through this entire review session, I did everything in the book including spending $300 on various cables and EMI/RF blocking solutions ultimately to no avail. I had the best luck by simply maxing out the volume on my Hugo2 and turning the volume up to the minimum on the TA26, this resulted in the least amount of perceived interference.

Resolution:

The TA26 punches far above it’s price point with regard to resolution, a very detailed desktop amp indeed. Its’ resolution is helped by the fact the mid and sub bass are extremely controlled with regard to decay and do not bleed into the rest of the sound. There’s an overall sense of clarity I haven’t heard in many tube amps until you get into the thousand dollar price ranges. The TA26 has more of an audiophile style presentation with a very clear sound as opposed to the typical warm tube sound. I don’t mean to say the TA26 can compete on a detail retrieval level with good solid state Amps but that it has more of their tonality than a tube amp and as a result of that presentation you have more of a solid state style overall sound. It’s the tube amp that isn’t tubey.

Bass:

Clean and deep are the two words I would use to describe TA26 bass. Noticeably missing is the characteristic tube warmth and decay I’m used to as stated previously this amp goes for a super clean high resolution presentation. Sub bass goes deep, I would describe it’s quantity as neutral. I get slightly more decay with sub bass than mid bass but more sub bass quantity than mid bass quantity as it aims more for deep tonality than quantity of bass. Great texture can be observed in the bass. Rumble was satisfying enough for me, would have liked a bit more slam.

Mids:

The midrange especially vocals are on the more intimate side, instruments have good wide staging as is to be expected on tube amps, above average I would say. I don’t find mids overall emphasized more than the highs or lows, I find them to be mostly on the same level with regard to anything jumping out at you. It’s a balanced tuning. I hear a bit more mid-high preference than low’s but that’s only if I’m trying to tease out differences and really focusing on it, in typical use I don’t notice it much.

Highs:

The highs are tuned to be inoffensive and contribute greatly to the level of detail and balanced signature.

Stage:

Overall the size of the stage is medium, not huge nor small but in between. It leans toward holographic as opposed to wide.

Separation:

The separation is superb, probably some of the best I’ve heard in a tube amp. Much of the sense of stage spacing from this amp is created by it’s superb level of separation. Even though the stage isn’t huge as compared to some other amps the TA26 takes a different approach and focuses on creating the clearest distinction between the different instruments creating a kind of spatial illusion. I am very much a fan of this, as stated repeatedly it’s a very clean sound.

Feb 19, 2022 at 9:28 PM Post #1,087 of 1,989
Im currently considering getting a tube amp just for fun. I know it doesn't measure that we'll.

Should have balanced Inputs, balanced headphone socket (XLR).

But how does something like the xduoo TA20 work with low impedance headphones like the focal Elegia or planar magnetic Headphones like the Aeon Noire 2?

I use the TA-20 balanced (with DAC feeding BAL) with the Elegia's and Aeon Flow X (all my headphones dynamic/planar low/high impedance etc) get their time on the TA-20, TA-20 doesn't care as it's hybrid and It's rated from 8-600 ohms if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2022 at 6:59 AM Post #1,090 of 1,989
Privet,guys!!✌
So i get my absolutely new TA-26(the audio-store change it on my previous one with broken transformer) and its have hellyeah awesome sound!!!!🤟🤟🤟👌

Feb 21, 2022 at 1:53 PM Post #1,091 of 1,989
I am very satisfied with the "xDuoo AT-20", currently with "Gold Lion 12AU7 / ECC82 Genalex", incoming "RFT foil getters".
LCD-X and T1.3 sound better than plugged into the RME. The tube-amp will stay with me.
As @hmscott said, “It really is magical sounding”!

Nevertheless, I remain curious as to which tube-amp, suitable for low-impedance headphones, would offer a real increase in sound… or how would the sound of the “Woo Audio WA6” differ…

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2022 at 10:31 PM Post #1,092 of 1,989
I am very satisfied with the "xDuoo AT-20", currently with "Gold Lion 12AU7 / ECC82 Genalex", incoming "RFT foil getters".
LCD-X and T1.3 sound better than plugged into the RME. The tube-amp will stay with me.
As @hmscott said, “It really is magical sounding”!

Nevertheless, I remain curious as to which tube-amp, suitable for low-impedance headphones, would offer a real increase in sound… or how would the sound of the “Woo Audio WA6” differ…
I think that the RFT ECC82 foil getters in your TA-20 will be an epiphany for you…As for the WA6, its ‘sound’ will be largely, but not wholly, dependent upon the rectifier tube (part of the AC-to-DC conversion).

Feb 23, 2022 at 7:37 AM Post #1,093 of 1,989
So i was listening my new TA 26 with takstar hf 580 about few days and what can i said - there are some songs where i hear clipping and i dont know becouse of what?
If it becouse of planar headphones - why so many songs sounds so awesome?! 🤷‍♀️
Also that is not cuz of Dacmagic cuz when i use my iBasso DX80 as a sourse i also hear clipping in some songs🤷‍♂️

Feb 23, 2022 at 8:51 AM Post #1,094 of 1,989
So i was listening my new TA 26 with takstar hf 580 about few days and what can i said - there are some songs where i hear clipping and i dont know becouse of what?
If it becouse of planar headphones - why so many songs sounds so awesome?! 🤷‍♀️
Also that is not cuz of Dacmagic cuz when i use my iBasso DX80 as a sourse i also hear clipping in some songs🤷‍♂️
The Xduoo TA-26 specifications list headphone impedance compatibility of 60 ohm to 600 ohm. The Takstar HF 580 measures 36 ohms, and specifications list 32 ohm.

I have a Beyerdynamic DT770 16 ohm that doesn't sound good on the TA-26, thin sound compared to listening on my TA-20.

My 150 ohm Sennheiser HD660s sound great on my TA-26, as compared to my TA-20, and I've heard that 120 ohm or higher works best on the TA-26.

My Beyerdynamic DT880/DT990 600 ohm headphones sound best on my TA-20 too, in fact the best I have heard them - like the Sennheiser 150 ohm HD660s.

I'm probably going to get a Sennheiser HD600 300 ohm or HD650 300 ohm next, to try on the TA-26 :)

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2022 at 8:58 AM Post #1,095 of 1,989
The Xduoo TA-26 specifications list headphone impedance compatibility of 60 ohm to 600 ohm. The Takstar HF 580 is 36 ohms.

I have a Beyerdynamic DT770 16 ohm that doesn't sound good on the TA-26, thin sound compared to listening on my TA-20.

My 150 ohm Sennheiser HD660s sound great compared to my TA-20, and I've heard that 120 ohm or higher works.

My Beyerdynamic DT880/DT990 600 ohm headphones sound best on my TA-20 too, in fact the best I have heard them - like the Sennheiser 150 ohm HD660s.

I'm probably going to get a Sennheiser HD600 300 ohm or HD650 300 ohm next, to try on the TA-26 :)
Thanx for answer , so i realy like HF580 sound and dont want to sell it and also i really like my TA 26😢

So what can you say about Sennheiser HD 6XX for TA-26?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back