Xduoo Amplifiers
Feb 25, 2022 at 9:18 PM Post #1,111 of 1,987
To @albertmuc (and others): it is a good idea, regardless of appearance, to thoroughly clean the tube pins before first use. I have used Barkeeper’s Friend (powder cleaner with oxalic acid), water rinse, final clean with isopropyl alcohol. During this, the tube pins are always facing down. My tube OCD?…I want those tube pins to be shiny!

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2022 at 10:18 AM Post #1,112 of 1,987
Another MT-602 update. I knew these were going to be an issue with very efficient headphones and I had a few different idea’s on that. Well today is show time and I am using my Grado’s with this amp, with help.

Today’s chain is Laptop to BF2 to Schiit Loki to Violectric V220 (had to open the case to change a few jumpers), line out to MT-602 and then on to my Grado’s.
Running the V220 at -12Db’s gain via the internal jumpers. Now the MT-602 is on 12:00 and I am running Voshkods. Cool.

First time ever using a pre-amp.

20220226_110216_HDR~2.jpg

Feb 27, 2022 at 2:13 AM Post #1,113 of 1,987
Another MT-602 update. I knew these were going to be an issue with very efficient headphones and I had a few different idea’s on that. Well today is show time and I am using my Grado’s with this amp, with help.

Today’s chain is Laptop to BF2 to Schiit Loki to Violectric V220 (had to open the case to change a few jumpers), line out to MT-602 and then on to my Grado’s.
Running the V220 at -12Db’s gain via the internal jumpers. Now the MT-602 is on 12:00 and I am running Voshkods. Cool.

First time ever using a pre-amp.

Oh my....what a perfect setup😍😍😍

What about mt 602 as a preamp - do it have any noices??
I want it also as a preamp for my poweramp and speakers but for ex. TA 26 give a huge level of noise in speakers when i tried to use it as a preamp

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2022 at 6:15 AM Post #1,114 of 1,987

I want it also as a preamp for my poweramp and speakers but for ex. TA 26 give a huge level of noise in speakers when i tried to use it as a preamp
What kind of noise? Did you unplug your headphones from the TA-26 when using it as a Preamp? How long are your RCA cables to your AMP from the TA-26? Are those RCA cables well shielded? Is the noise a hum/or high frequency "hash" - variable not constant?

I had problems with my Topping A90 RCA output, and I had to find cables with a Quad Shield design - floating shield at destination (RCA shield), and that got rid of the noise for me.

Before that I tamed the ground loop noise by upgrading my power strips on consolodating the power to the connected chain of devices and that remove that noise source.

Later I bought a Ravpower Battery powered Pure Sine Wave power source to run my Topping A90 / D90 - and that wasn't connected in any way to the local ground - such small battery sources don't have ground connections when running disconnected from charging power - and this one has a charger that is also ungrounded. That change took away more noise and increased the black silent backgroud.

What also can help is using XLR connections, with a similarly Quad Shielded floating shield at destination (XLR cable shield), which the D90/A90 support.

IDK if getting RCA to XLR converter at the TA-26 end, and self-powered speaker / pre/integrated amp with XLR input might also help reduce the noise.

It took me a while to work all this out with my set up, so please hang in there an keep trying solutions :)

Feb 27, 2022 at 9:08 AM Post #1,115 of 1,987

I had to use the V220 as the pre-amp to get around the very high gain that the MT-602 has. With efficient headphones, it needs the help.

Feb 27, 2022 at 12:34 PM Post #1,116 of 1,987
What kind of noise? Did you unplug your headphones from the TA-26 when using it as a Preamp? How long are your RCA cables to your AMP from the TA-26? Are those RCA cables well shielded? Is the noise a hum/or high frequency "hash" - variable not constant?

I had problems with my Topping A90 RCA output, and I had to find cables with a Quad Shield design - floating shield at destination (RCA shield), and that got rid of the noise for me.

Before that I tamed the ground loop noise by upgrading my power strips on consolodating the power to the connected chain of devices and that remove that noise source.

Later I bought a Ravpower Battery powered Pure Sine Wave power source to run my Topping A90 / D90 - and that wasn't connected in any way to the local ground - such small battery sources don't have ground connections when running disconnected from charging power - and this one has a charger that is also ungrounded. That change took away more noise and increased the black silent backgroud.

What also can help is using XLR connections, with a similarly Quad Shielded floating shield at destination (XLR cable shield), which the D90/A90 support.

IDK if getting RCA to XLR converter at the TA-26 end, and self-powered speaker / pre/integrated amp with XLR input might also help reduce the noise.

It took me a while to work all this out with my set up, so please hang in there an keep trying solutions :)
Hello!✌
No - without headphones
Cable - In-Akustik Star Audio Cable, RCA, 1.5 м

Full setup - PC = DAcMAgicPlus = Cordial CFU 3 FC Cable = TA 26 = In-Akustik Star Audio Cable, RCA, 1.5 м = Audionet AMP 3

Feb 27, 2022 at 12:55 PM Post #1,117 of 1,987
Hello!✌
No - without headphones
Cable - In-Akustik Star Audio Cable, RCA, 1.5 м

Full setup - PC = DAcMAgicPlus = Cordial CFU 3 FC Cable = TA 26 = In-Akustik Star Audio Cable, RCA, 1.5 м = Audionet AMP 3
I looked up the cables, translated, I see the In-Akustik has a ground wire - are you connected it? The Cordial cable is XLR to RCA?

I haven't hooked up the output of the TA-26 yet myself, so IDK what to expect... I was thinking of getting a Topping PA5 to try.

I did try to "chain" the output of the TA-20 to my Topping A90 - there was no noise, but I didn't enjoy the sound qualities - I'm kinda picky :wink:

Besides the noises how does the quality of the TA-26 to AMP 3 sound? Or is it just noise? Maybe try a different power socket for the TA-26/AMP3 - try to break the ground loop - if it is ground loop noise.

Is there AC Hum? Can you please describe the noise(s) you are hearing?

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2022 at 12:56 PM Post #1,118 of 1,987

I think that the noice cuz of PC - when i open any game it make the noise louder

Feb 27, 2022 at 1:01 PM Post #1,119 of 1,987
I looked up the cables, translated, I see the In-Akustik has a ground wire - are you connected it? The Cordial cable is XLR to RCA?

I haven't hooked up the output of the TA-26 yet myself, so IDK what to expect... I was thinking of getting a Topping PA5 to try.

I did try to "chain" the output of the TA-20 to my Topping A90 - there was no noise, but I didn't enjoy the sound qualities - I'm kinda picky :wink:

Besides the noises how does the quality of the TA-26 to AMP 3 sound? Or is it just noise? Maybe try a different power socket for the TA-26/AMP3 - try to break the ground loop - if it is ground loop noise.

Is there AC Hum? Can you please describe the noise(s) you are hearing?
No - where to connect ground wire ?

Yeah - Cordial is XLR to RCA

Nice quality of sound but with noise like radio interference with 50Hz(that part of noise quiet)

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2022 at 1:07 PM Post #1,120 of 1,987
I think that the noice cuz of PC - when i open any game it make the noise louder
Aha! :)

If you can find somewhere to purchase one of these:

iFi iDefender+
https://ifi-audio.com/products/idefender-plus/

Topping HS01 USB 2.0 High Speed Audio Isolator
https://www.tpdz.net/productinfo/733226.html

The noise is coming from the PC through the 5V lines of your USB cable to the DAC. Both devices isolate or interrupt the 5V line, and both devices allow injection of clean 5V power - through a USB-C connector on the body of their device - to replace the power from the PC. I am using both right now on 2 USB connections out of my PC and both are working to stop the GPU induced / noisy PC noisess that come through that 5v Power lines through the USB.

Here is a video / audio of the PC noise and how the iFi iDefender+ gets rid of it, before and after:

Is that the PC noise you are hearing?

The HS01 also works, this isn't a demo of interrupting the PC GPU noise as the previous one, but it shows a big drop of PC/GPU induced USB borne noise as well:

Improving DAC Sound Quality: Topping HS01 High-Speed Isolator Review

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2022 at 1:21 PM Post #1,121 of 1,987
No - where to connect ground wire ?

Yeah - Cordial is XLR to RCA

Nice quality of sound but with noise like radio interference with 50Hz(that part of noise quiet)
No, the ground wire would normally only be used for Phono - Turntable RCA connections. If you were using the ground wire I would have suggested disconnection and taping it back so the ground wire doesn't touch anything - it can act like an Antenna which can pick up strong RFI/EMI - near by radio stations. I also see the AMP III doesn't have a ground connection option, same for the TA-26.

Good to hear that the underlying sound is good. Too bad about the 50hz, so you have a "hum" problem too besides the PC induced noise - but it might all be due to the 5V wires in the USB cable.

BTW, a quick "hack" is to figure out which two USB wires are the 5V and "cut them", as long as your DAC doesn't need the 5V signal to operate or needs the 5V signal to identify there is a connection.

Does your motherboard have an Optical output port? Some do, and although it is a lower maximum bit rate, it will work fine for 44.1khz and 48khz recordings, and an Optical cable doesn't conduct the PC noise.

Does Amazon deliver to your area? That is where I bought the iDefender+:
https://www.amazon.com/iFi-iDefender-External-Ground-Eliminator/dp/B0849JGL93

And, there are several listings for the Topping HS01 on Amazon, here is a"Prime" listing, and Hifigo.com also sells the Topping HS01:
https://www.amazon.com/Topping-Isolator-Compatible-PCM32bit-withstands/dp/B09MF9VTQG
https://hifigo.com/products/topping-hs01-usb-2-0-high-speed-audio-isolator?variant=42022435782895

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2022 at 1:21 PM Post #1,122 of 1,987
Aha! :)

If you can find somewhere to purchase one of these:

iFi iDefender+
https://ifi-audio.com/products/idefender-plus/

Topping HS01 USB 2.0 High Speed Audio Isolator
https://www.tpdz.net/productinfo/733226.html

The noise is coming from the PC through the 5V lines of your USB cable to the DAC. Both devices isolate or interrupt the 5V line, and both devices allow injection of clean 5V power - through a USB-C connector on the body of their device - to replace the power from the PC. I am using both right now on 2 USB connections out of my PC and both are working to stop the GPU induced / noisy PC noisess that come through that 5v Power lines through the USB.

Here is a video / audio of the PC noise and how the iFi iDefender+ gets rid of it, before and after:

Is that the PC noise you are hearing?

The HS01 also works, this isn't a demo of interrupting the PC GPU noise as the previous one, but it shows a big drop of USB induced noise as well:

Improving DAC Sound Quality: Topping HS01 High-Speed Isolator Review

Thaaanks!!!!🤟🙏

When i use Dacmagic as preamp - there are no any noises

And what about connection of ground wire - where to connect it??

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2022 at 1:44 PM Post #1,123 of 1,987
Thaaanks!!!!🤟🙏

When i use Dacmagic as preamp - there are no any noises

And what about connection of ground wire - where to connect it??
Unless the equipment has a ground "lug" there is no reason to connect a ground wire, and connecting it can cause problems - noise - induced from the non-shielded ground wire. In some situations you would ground all of your equipment, but that would be a real ground solution, including driving a 3'-6' copper rod into the ground - or tapping into the building ground system - but simply connecting all of your chassis with wire might bring about more noise problems with no ground "sync/drain" to bleed off the excess energy.

Also, if a cable has a built-in separate single wire ground wire I usually bend it back along the cable and tape it there so it doesn't "fly free" and touch metal causing problems.

The Dacmagic might have better noise prevention / isolation internally that the TA-26 doesn't, as my Topping A90/D90 also had a similar noise problem, so we need to fix the problem at the source so it doesn't get passed through our cables/devices.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2022 at 1:59 AM Post #1,124 of 1,987
Unless the equipment has a ground "lug" there is no reason to connect a ground wire, and connecting it can cause problems - noise - induced from the non-shielded ground wire. In some situations you would ground all of your equipment, but that would be a real ground solution, including driving a 3'-6' copper rod into the ground - or tapping into the building ground system - but simply connecting all of your chassis with wire might bring about more noise problems with no ground "sync/drain" to bleed off the excess energy.

Also, if a cable has a built-in separate single wire ground wire I usually bend it back along the cable and tape it there so it doesn't "fly free" and touch metal causing problems.

The Dacmagic might have better noise prevention / isolation internally that the TA-26 doesn't, as my Topping A90/D90 also had a similar noise problem, so we need to fix the problem at the source so it doesn't get passed through our cables/devices.
thanks for answer !🙏
So i also bend it back along the cable and tape it

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2022 at 5:02 PM Post #1,125 of 1,987
Hi everybody.
I have the TA-26 for a month now and i absolutely love it paired with Sennheiser's HD600. Its a bliss! I now run the amp with a RCA NOS 6AS7G jan (1968) and a Tungsol 6SN7GTB new production.

I use Roon via Euphony OS (a linux OS designed for audio playback) with a slight variation of the Oratory Premium HIFI EQ profile for the HD600 engaged in the roon DSP engine.

DAC is a Loxjie D30 v1 (AKM chip)

Just beautiful sound!

In the next months i will buy one or two tubes to try (Shuguang Black Treasure and some Sylvania NOS)

P.S. Sometimes i heard some noise (static type) on my headphones . I managed to find that it came from the powerlines i was using. I switched to a mesh system and until now no more noise :wink:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back