Xduoo Amplifiers
Mar 3, 2023 at 5:36 AM Post #1,546 of 1,987
I think it depends on what kind of sound you’re looking for as well as what headphones/iems you have. From reviews the ta-22 seems to be silent enough for iem’s and puts out 3000mW. The ta-20 puts out 2000 mW. I have not heard the ta-20 so I’m not sure about its noise floor. The Schiit Lyr+ pushes 6000mW, similar to the Sa-1. It’s seems to be having some QC issues, and Josh Valour thought the sound quality of the lyr+ and ta-22 were comparable.

I’ve had the xduoo ta-10r, and the mt-602 in the past. I have the Sa-1. The 10r definitely sounded better to the 602, especially with a better tube. The Sa-1 has more power, and better detail retrieval than both. None of the tube amps we’re talking about are very tubey, but they do add some nice flavor. I do like the like the low end of the 10r compared to the Sa-1. It’s not as quick as the sa-1, but with the right tube it’s more immersive to me. If you’ll just be using balanced connections, the jot2 is an option. I find it punchier, and more fun. Similar detail retrieval, and more power. It has a deeper stage, while the sa-1 is wider.

So none of these amps are a direct upgrade or replacement for the Sa-1. Definitely more complimentary. I personally have had good luck with xduoo. Might be worth waiting for the ta-20 plus, or if you can get a deal on the ta-30. I’ve seen it marked down for less than the sa-1 lately. Maybe get the mt-602 to see if you like the sound (preferably returnable) before dropping more money.
Thanks for your opinion and the comparisons. I am aware that there are two camps here. The ones who don't have an amp and therefore no Dac and get an all in one balanced package that even comes with tubes. And then there are those who already own an amp or even a DAC. The fewer functions you need, the more you pay for the amp in the end. From my perspective, tubes are actually interesting and where I was always convinced that I would buy a tube pre amp at some point, Audiosciencereview would stone us. This amp is at least an all in one package so i would have one device (Tube Amp) instead of two (Amp + Tube Pre Amp . Now Joshua also tested the Abyss TC with the xduoo in his review and the combination seemed to like it, whereas in his SA1 he liked them Not at all a combination of SA1 and TC. So a part of me thinks that the Xduoo has to bring something that the SA1 doesn't have, regardless of the tubes. Jotunheim 2: I had the choice of either taking the Singxer SA1 used for €320 or the Jotunheim 2 new for €550 from Schiit Europe. Here in Germany, the new Schiit products are unfortunately not attractive in terms of price and are outperformed by competing products that may even cost more in the USA than the Schiit products in the price-performance area

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2023 at 6:05 AM Post #1,548 of 1,987
Thanks for your opinion and the comparisons. I am aware that there are two camps here. The ones who don't have an amp and therefore no Dac and get an all in one balanced package that even comes with tubes. And then there are those who already own an amp or even a DAC. The fewer functions you need, the more you pay for the amp in the end. From my perspective, tubes are actually interesting and where I was always convinced that I would buy a tube pre amp at some point, Audiosciencereview would stone us. This amp is at least an all in one package so i would have one device, Tube Amp, instead of two, Amp + Tube Pre Amp . Now Joshua also tested the Abyss TC with the xduoo in his review and the combination seemed to like it, whereas in his SA1 he liked them Not at all a combination of SA1 and TC. So a part of me thinks that the Xduoo has to bring something that the SA1 doesn't have, regardless of the tubes. Jotunheim 2: I had the choice of either taking the Singxer SA1 used for €320 or the Jotunheim 2 new for €550 from Schiit Europe. Here in Germany, the new Schiit products are unfortunately not attractive in terms of price and are outperformed by competing products that may even cost more in the USA than the Schiit products in the price-performance area
Yeah, being in the us, I forget Schiit isn’t a great buy outside of the US. I’m interested in the ta-20 plus, it looks to be an upgrade/replacement to the ta-20. From the picture, it keeps the 2 12au7 tubes and adds a rectifier tube. Similar to the ta-30. If you can wait, I think this will be worth it.

If you’re looking for a clear tube upgrade to the Sa-1 you’re probably going to have spend a bit. The cayin ha-3a looks amazing, but it’s $1600. Someday

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2023 at 6:19 AM Post #1,549 of 1,987
Yeah, being in the us, I forget Schiit isn’t a great buy outside of the US. I’m interested in the ta-20 plus, it looks to be an upgrade/replacement to the ta-20. From the picture, it keeps the 2 12au7 tubes and adds a rectifier tube. Similar to the ta-30. If you can wait, I think this will be worth it
To make one thing clear, I think the Xduoo is what it is, without even having heard it, as an outstanding amp that also has unique selling points that are just fantastic at the price. A Balanced Tube Dac Amp for just under €560 that has everything you need and that also sounds very good. If I didn't have a Dac and Amp, I wouldn't be here to ask my questions but would tell you how it sounds, since I've already bought it. The general problem in audio is synergy. Because every headphone sounds different with every amp and every Dac and each of us has an idea of how something sounds "right". I love this hobby but unfortunately I don't have the budget to try everything, so I'm happy to exchange ideas with you

Mar 3, 2023 at 1:01 PM Post #1,553 of 1,987
Thank you so its the psvane 12AU7 will buy it to use it in future to try the T22.

Edit: Is there a difference between the 12AU7, 12AU7-S and ECC82? What version do you recommend or is it all equal?
TA-22 sounds phenomenal warm with 'tube sound'even with stock tubes. no need rolling tubes now. on latest Xduoo amps now stock tubes is highest selected quality from TAD https://www.tubeampdoctor.com/en/12au7a/ecc82-tad-premium-selected-balanced

psvane art s tubes tried with xduoo my friend and psvane sounds poor...

Attachments

• F72EBBE9-9494-42F1-A540-700FFB1E67F1.jpeg
    F72EBBE9-9494-42F1-A540-700FFB1E67F1.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 21D91F99-19AD-4298-936D-5E55DA7A82D6.jpeg
    21D91F99-19AD-4298-936D-5E55DA7A82D6.jpeg
    702.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 467C17B5-BF1C-42C6-BF3A-1C1FFC12D4C3.jpeg
    467C17B5-BF1C-42C6-BF3A-1C1FFC12D4C3.jpeg
    975.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 3, 2023 at 2:24 PM Post #1,554 of 1,987
TA-22 sounds phenomenal warm with 'tube sound'even with stock tubes. no need rolling tubes now. on latest Xduoo amps now stock tubes is highest selected quality from TAD https://www.tubeampdoctor.com/en/12au7a/ecc82-tad-premium-selected-balanced

psvane art s tubes tried with xduoo my friend and psvane sounds poor...
I would not comment, but that “friend” you are talking about is me.

First of all, Tube Amp Doctor is not a manufacturer and I can not understand why you are implying that these are their tubes. Xduoo probably uses Chinese tubes straight from the manufacturer and the tubes that look the closest at the moment are regular Psvane tubes, correct me if I am wrong. Second of all I have not said that Psvane Art tibes sound “poor”. They sound amazing with Meze 99 noirs and I bet they will sound amazing with many other headphones. I did not enjoy TA20 sound 100% with Audeze LCD-2c with other tubes too. What does it mean no need to tube roll now? Different tubes sound different and it’s personal preference wether to tube roll or not. Almost all the reviewers mention the increase in sound quality when choosing higher price tier tubes with Xduoo amps and that is not too expensive to do.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2023 at 2:40 PM Post #1,555 of 1,987
I would not comment, but that “friend” you are talking about is me.

First of all, Tube Amp Doctor is not a manufacturer and I can not understand why you are implying that these are their tubes. Xduoo probably uses Chinese tubes straight from the manufacturer and the tubes that look the closest at the moment are regular Psvane tubes, correct me if I am wrong. Second of all I have not said that Psvane Art tibes sound “poor”. They sound amazing with Meze 99 noirs and I bet they will sound amazing with many other headphones. I did not enjoy TA20 sound 100% with Audeze LCD-2c with other tubes too. What does it mean no need to tube roll now? Different tubes sound different and it’s personal preference wether to tube roll or not. Almost all the reviewers mention the increase in sound quality when choosing higher price tier tubes with Xduoo amps and that is not too expensive to do.
Thank you. Which Tubes do you wanna try or did you just lost the interest in the TA20

Mar 3, 2023 at 2:48 PM Post #1,556 of 1,987
Thank you. Which Tubes do you wanna try or did you just lost the interest in the TA20
No, not at all, as I have mentioned, Psvane Art are really amazing tubes. I would like to try modern Telefunkens, Gold Lions, Shuguang Nature Sounds and Northern Electric. But I need socket savers first, I don’t want to mess up the sockets of the amp with all the tube rolling.

Mar 4, 2023 at 9:58 AM Post #1,557 of 1,987
No love for the XA-10 on this topic ?
I think it's a great little machine for its price, it pairs nicely with my Denon D9200 :thumbsup:

20230303-174551.jpg

Mar 5, 2023 at 7:50 PM Post #1,558 of 1,987
Besides Josh Valour have there been any other lyr+ and xduoo ta-22 comparisons? Has anybody heard both?

Mar 6, 2023 at 2:48 AM Post #1,560 of 1,987

Users who are viewing this thread

Back