Xduoo Amplifiers
Mar 2, 2023 at 8:30 AM Post #1,532 of 1,987
ta-26 is old model. so they making new OTL
they just released an updated one, the ta-26s with a balanced 4.4 hp jack. It’s basically the same, so hopefully you’re right.

Mar 2, 2023 at 6:25 PM Post #1,536 of 1,987
Delete

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2023 at 4:31 AM Post #1,542 of 1,987
ta-22 is newest,best tuned,compact size amp with dac and ,not very hot as ta-20,ta-30 amps. .always newer is better then oldtimers.
It's already clear that the newly released amp is the latest/best in the Xduoo range. But the Singxer SA1 is an excellent headphone amp which I don't know if the Xduoo can keep up with. Of course, the tubes add their own sound characteristics, but then I can also buy a tube preamp. However, if the Xduoo is technically on a par with the Singxer SA1 (which I don't think since the production costs also fall into the tube section and Dac - the Singxer SA1 is a pure headphone amplifier for the same price) then I would go for the Xduoo. An alternative would be to get a Douk Audio T8 (Balanced Tube Equilizer) and adjust the bass of my Abyss Diana V2 manually.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2023 at 4:34 AM Post #1,543 of 1,987
Waiting for the TA-20PLUS to be released...
I see 3 tubes on TA-20 Plus, or?

12000764.png

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2023 at 5:21 AM Post #1,545 of 1,987
It's already clear that the newly released amp is the latest/best in the Xduoo range. But the Singxer SA1 is an excellent headphone amp which I don't know if the Xduoo can keep up with. Of course, the tubes add their own sound characteristics, but then I can also buy a tube preamp. However, if the Xduoo is technically on a par with the Singxer SA1 (which I don't think since the production costs also fall into the tube section and Dac - the Singxer SA1 is a pure headphone amplifier for the same price) then I would go for the Xduoo. An alternative would be to get a Douk Audio T8 (Balanced Tube Equilizer) and adjust the bass of my Abyss Diana V2 manually.
I think it depends on what kind of sound you’re looking for as well as what headphones/iems you have. From reviews the ta-22 seems to be silent enough for iem’s and puts out 3000mW. The ta-20 puts out 2000 mW. I have not heard the ta-20 so I’m not sure about its noise floor. The Schiit Lyr+ pushes 6000mW, similar to the Sa-1. It’s seems to be having some QC issues, and Josh Valour thought the sound quality of the lyr+ and ta-22 were comparable.

I’ve had the xduoo ta-10r, and the mt-602 in the past. I have the Sa-1. The 10r definitely sounded better to the 602, especially with a better tube. The Sa-1 has more power, and better detail retrieval than both. None of the tube amps we’re talking about are very tubey, but they do add some nice flavor. I do like the like the low end of the 10r compared to the Sa-1. It’s not as quick as the sa-1, but with the right tube it’s more immersive to me. If you’ll just be using balanced connections, the jot2 is an option. I find it punchier, and more fun. Similar detail retrieval, and more power. It has a deeper stage, while the sa-1 is wider.

So none of these amps are a direct upgrade or replacement for the Sa-1. Definitely more complimentary. I personally have had good luck with xduoo. Might be worth waiting for the ta-20 plus, or if you can get a deal on the ta-30. I’ve seen it marked down for less than the sa-1 lately. Maybe get the mt-602 to see if you like the sound (preferably returnable) before dropping more money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back