Xbox 360 vs PS3 vs Wii
Jan 16, 2007 at 8:25 AM Post #61 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by Netminder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
360 is the best for gamers
Wii is the best for non-gamers

That's weird, I consider myself a fairly hardcore gamer and logged 60 hours into Zelda on the Wii. Does that mean I'm a non-gamer then?

There's two sides to the Wii, on one hand it can instantly attract non-gamers that have never picked up a controller when you fire up Wii Sports and start bowling. On the other hand, it caters to the most hardcore gamers with games like Zelda, Metroid Prime when it comes out, and many other games soon on the horizon.

The 360 can seem intimidating to the aforementioned crowd that can get into games like Wii Sports, and really focuses on the core gamer with a majority of its titles. You're argument is half-right, you just forgot about a whole demographic of gamers that the Wii caters to as well.

Jan 16, 2007 at 9:00 AM Post #62 of 149
I was going to bash Oistrakh for his horrible post but I see like 20 people beat me to that... lol

Anyways I voted 360 simply because after looking at the hardware rendering tests and the gaming line up for each system. I found the 360 to be far more appealing to me. Viva Pinata is one of those titles that just rocks on the 360. I found the wii to be a close 2nd since there are some awesome titles on the way as well as the good selection of launch titles to come out for the wii. the wii just has a great future ahead for it. The ps3 just has nothing interesting to me coming out... other than the fact that NIS maybe making disgaea 3 for the ps3 but they may also make it for the 360 now since the 360 has become so popular. Though the ps3 may have the most potential... it just seems sort of bleak especially since the 360 is apparently able to make more processes than the ps3 making it a more powerful system. potential means nothing if its not used.

also the wii is actually just as good for the casual as it is for the hardcore.

Jan 16, 2007 at 9:19 AM Post #63 of 149
DEFINATELY the 360. Wireless bridge, HD-DVD player, Xbox Live (the greatest thing ever), and best of all, a kickass gaming platform. It's the center of my home theater, and I love it. That being said I love my Wii too, but if I had to pick one it's the easiest descision ever. The only way I would EVER buy a PS3 would be if I had an overwhelming need to get a Blu-Ray player. With all the best games that were supposed to be exclusive to PS3 (Assassin's Creed, GTAIV, soon UT2k7) coming out for 360, I see almost no need whatsoever.

Jan 16, 2007 at 7:30 PM Post #64 of 149
Wii for me because I'm a gamer-non-gamer-gamer.
icon10.gif

Jan 16, 2007 at 8:05 PM Post #65 of 149
Though I would by no means consider myself a hardcore gamer, there were definately about two years during college where it was not at all unusual for me to play halo, fifa, and/or madden for say, 8-11 hours with roommates on lazy sundays. Having defined my level of 'gamerdom' (in point of fact I would say that if you own and play any system you are by the websters definition of the word, a gamer but that is another argument..), I will say that I have never played a system that provides the fun factor that the wii does.

For those of you who out of highschool, I highly suggest getting some buddies together, getting a few cases of beer, whipping out the wii sports or wii madden, and then tell me whether the system is for 8 year olds. While you may act like an eight year old after sharing two cases of beer with three other buddies, I think you will all reach the same conclusion that I have.

Also, while there may be a few of you out there who don't like social interaction and are afraid of the opposite sex, I would assume that most of you, like me, have run into the problem of girlfriends who pull the, "you can hang out with me, or play videogames by yourself" ultimatum. The wii is absolutely the first console that I have played that my girlfriend actually enjoys playing. And hey, there are few things that go together better than head and videogames
biggrin.gif

Aug 24, 2007 at 8:50 PM Post #67 of 149
Isn't PS3 the cheapest blueray player out? I also heard from a friend of mine that its great to mod it and run Linux off of. I would still choose 360 or Wii though, but I dunno which one.

Aug 24, 2007 at 8:58 PM Post #69 of 149
Next year the next-gen killer apps will be released (MGS, GTA, RE, etc.). Until then, I'll stick to playing Persona 3, Yakuza 2, and all them on ye old PS2. (Although admittely, bioshock looks effin' a)

Also, once the PS3 is modded to play uh.. homebrew, it's gonna start selling better. (the wii and 360 have already been hacked) I still wish they hadn't removed the EE chip, if my PS2 dies I don't want to have to buy a new one...

Aug 24, 2007 at 9:06 PM Post #70 of 149
If I were to buy a console, it would be the PS3. It's potential is phenomenal and is surely to prove itself in the coming years. I honestly think developers are scared to program for this thing; it's design is unorthodox. Just recently an Ubisoft developer said the PS3s AI was inferior to that of other platforms.... BS.

Check it out... Forums of discussion and link to story.

http://forums.sohh.com/showthread.php?t=889830

Sure the Xbox360 and Wii are here and now, both with excellent games. But I am still in reserve until I see what the the PS3 can really do. For now I have my gaming PC to tide me over.

~Zip

Aug 24, 2007 at 9:45 PM Post #73 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by Honken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The PS3 is horribly overrated by it's producer, especially the hardware.

Yeah, Sony has a tendency of spouting **** hype when it comes to their products. But even if the PS3 is lacking in hardware, people are still gonna buy it because of Sony's legendary third-party support. (unless they screw that up too) I also find it sad that the the PS3 versions of certain multi-platforms actually looks worse the 360s... Sony really needs to start making things easier for developers.

Also, I watched the demo of heavenly sword, the in-game graphics and framerate weren't really that good.

Aug 24, 2007 at 9:59 PM Post #74 of 149
Well, the PS3s strength is all it's different cores, but it takes a lot of time to (and it's hard) to optimize the code for all the cores. When you're making a multi platform game it's only logical not to spend all that much money/time on the PS3 version.

Also, they've already screwed up their 3rd part support really, Ace Combat is coming to the 360 and there's been a LOT of talk about MGS4.

Oh and;
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/u...ies/95669.html
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Aug 24, 2007 at 10:26 PM Post #75 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by Honken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, the PS3s strength is all it's different cores, but it takes a lot of time to (and it's hard) to optimize the code for all the cores.

Sony's apparently trying to remedy that by working closer with developers... but that's what they should have done from the start.

Quote:

Also, they've already screwed up their 3rd part support really, Ace Combat is coming to the 360 and there's been a LOT of talk about MGS4.

Sony's not out yet, they've still got the God of War guy, and who knows how many new faces who'll magically appear down the line. I still think the biggest issue with the console is the price... even $500 is too much, considering you can get a wii for $250 and a 360 for $300ish.
Quote:

When I first saw the game, I was like "this looks just like GoW".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back