Xbox 360 vs PS3 vs Wii
Jan 16, 2007 at 3:12 AM Post #46 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrvile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't say he did. I never said that "everyone who like [those games] are gore-loving teenagers."

It was pretty reasonable to interpret that from that part of your post. (I don't think I'm reaching)

Jan 16, 2007 at 3:30 AM Post #47 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It was pretty reasonable to interpret that from that part of your post. (I don't think I'm reaching)

Agreed, but it doesn't but me at all. I love FPS's and TPS's, but I couldn't care less about graphics. Also, the Wii seems like the ultimate multiplayer console.

By the way, I voted for the 360. Xbox Live is by far the best online community (ignoring the jerks) out of all systems, and I believe it will be for years to come. The 360 is definitely going to be the shooter console out of the three, just as the PS2 was the RPG console. I hope the 360 picks up some good RPG's. I don't follow gaming updates like I used to.

Jan 16, 2007 at 3:32 AM Post #48 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by flamerz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agreed, but it doesn't but me at all. I love FPS's and TPS's, but I couldn't care less about graphics. Also, the Wii seems like the ultimate multiplayer console.

I kinda wish nintendo did go all-out, with the souped up innards AND new control system. That way you could have the best of both worlds. (course they'd have to charge an assload...)

Jan 16, 2007 at 3:36 AM Post #49 of 149
True, that would be great. I kind of don't even consider the Wii part of the three consoles anymore. I remember how the PS2, Xbox, and GC would be compared, based on all aspects, but when I think of similar comparisons to the new generation, the Wii is just out of the picture, off on its own. They really could've created a normal console with normal games and normal gameplay, and then had other games and gameplay that we see on the Wii right now. Oh well though, I'd still have a 360 instead.

Jan 16, 2007 at 3:41 AM Post #50 of 149
That's good and bad; good cause it won't have to live up to the graphical/atmospheric standards of xbox/ps3 games, but bad cause it's gonna be singled out and criticized greatly if doesn't deliver. I hope nintendo has a bunch of good third-party developers lined up... the gc and n64 lagged behind cause of the lack of variety IMO. (not just gameplay-wize)

Jan 16, 2007 at 3:51 AM Post #51 of 149
You're absolutely right, except the N64 had lots of variety imo. The N64 held up strongly. The GC on the other hand, ended as a failure. It had some gems, though, and the controller feels great in smaller hands.

Jan 16, 2007 at 4:03 AM Post #52 of 149
yeah, I guess the n64's release delays and high game price were it's major downfalls. Still had some good (muliplayer) times with it.

Jan 16, 2007 at 4:05 AM Post #53 of 149
I have a Wii and this is the most fun I've had in years. I haven't liked a video game system this much since the Sega Genesis.

And the fact that I can play 5-player bomberman on my 110 inch projector screen is just mindblowing. Plus, my girlfriend, who hates my Playstation 2 (and she's Japanese!) loves the Wii. That's a good gimmick.

Jan 16, 2007 at 4:31 AM Post #55 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Alright alright.

It was meant more as a personal attack towards Oistrakh, which I know I should've said in the first place, but it just gets me all steamed up when people say things like that.

Personally I love FPS games and I play a lot of rather gory games myself (Gears of War was one of the best games I've played for the 360), but it doesn't mean I'm not allowed to enjoy playing the Wii either.

My comment was by no means directed toward the general public. I wasn't trying to say that anyone who played gory games was an idiot, and I couldn't care less about what games you play. But the truth is, or at least I've noticed, that lately a hell of a lot of kids look for gore and that that gore looks good, which is kind of flushing the gaming industry down the toilet. These days, games like Grand Theft Auto and Halo vastly outsell games like Mario Party or Super Smash Bros...I know a lot of people simply ignore the latter because they come off as "kiddy" games.

It's very refreshing to see a console like the Wii coming out on top. I don't need to shoot prostitutes to act my age or even to have fun...in fact, I'd rather not. Being able to interact with my games - whether I'm swinging my controller to hit a ball or using it as a steering wheel - is much more fun to me than pressing A to shoot aforementioned prostitute.

But I'm just ranting. Whatever the case is, buy the console you want and have the fun you want. That's the most important part.
cool.gif

I hope I got my message across a bit more clearly this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back