Xbox 360 vs PS3 vs Wii
Jan 14, 2007 at 8:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 149

Chiliman

500+ Head-Fier
If you had to choose JUST ONE, which would you pick?

Jan 14, 2007 at 9:10 PM Post #2 of 149
I had all 3, the PS3 has been sold and the X360 is on the chopping block. No reason to keep those around with a decent gaming PC. And the Wii is pretty much the ultimate multiplayer console, I can't see myself getting rid of it.

Jan 14, 2007 at 11:15 PM Post #3 of 149
Have the Wii and saving for a 360, which I should get relatively soon. So right now its the Wii. Could be the 360 later on though.

Jan 14, 2007 at 11:25 PM Post #6 of 149
As a non-gamer it would be the Wii. I feel it, like the Mac in computers, is just more interested integrating it into your life.

The real question is how much water would you drink for one?

Jan 15, 2007 at 12:17 AM Post #9 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I picked the PS3 because it has a SACD player!

How is the qulity of SACD playback on that thing.I'm trying to find something i like on that format so i can hear for myself.

Jan 15, 2007 at 12:24 AM Post #11 of 149
The PS2 is expected to last well into 2008. Saw its original competitors XBox and GameCube out of production already, and in 2007 Sony is planning to ship more PS2 than PS3 units. I own a PS2, so have no hurry to upgrade.

What looks most interesting to me among the new units is the Wii and its controller. The Bluray playback feature is not so attractive to me in any of the first three units in the market supporting the technology. When it's more mature, and when it's evident that the market has accepted/adopted BluRay (or HDDVD, or both) then I might consider an HD video player.

Jan 15, 2007 at 12:54 AM Post #12 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oistrakh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why did so many people pick wii? I thought a lot of people here are over 20 and everyone over age 13?

I pick Wii. I got all last gen console (Xbox, PS2, Gamecube) I'm more into casual games now. PS3 & 360 offer the same game with pretty graphic. Wii is different. I'll buy ps3 & 360 eventually but Wii will be the first one I'll buy. I'm not in a hurry though. So many last gen games I haven't played yet and they're cheap.

Jan 15, 2007 at 1:02 AM Post #14 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabe Logan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How is the qulity of SACD playback on that thing.I'm trying to find something i like on that format so i can hear for myself.

I'm not sure about the SACD playback quality however Wired magazine reviewer 'Daniel Dumas' rate PS3 blueplayer playback on par to stand alone unit. IMHO if anyone need a blue ray player, PS3 will be a good alternative to keep you busy until we know which format is winning and invest in a good stand-alone player.

Jan 15, 2007 at 1:04 AM Post #15 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oistrakh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the wii is just an excuse for people to get exercise, now that so many people are overweight (more than 50% in american) and obese.

16 yo, bashing wii make you mature, whatever kid.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back