xbox 360 headphones/set help
Nov 14, 2010 at 11:24 AM Post #31 of 112

Quote:
HEY OLOR1N I WILL REPORT YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
angry_face.gif
angry_face.gif
angry_face.gif

Settle down princess.

Nov 14, 2010 at 2:13 PM Post #32 of 112
just wondering, these are the outputs on my soundcard:

with HPA2, would I be able to connect the optical cable from the 360 to the soundcard's toslink output, and then the headphones via the 3.5 to 6.3mm adapter to the headphone output, and then have the soundcard's software to config the settings? Here is the interface of the software: 

Would this let me to use any stereo headphone as well to have dolby on it via soundcards decoders?

And on top of that, can I just use the adapter for Xbox controller to have a PC logitech desktop mic working with Xbox live chat?

Thank you

Nov 14, 2010 at 2:20 PM Post #33 of 112
Keep the personal insults out of the threads, folks.

It's OK to disagree but no personal insults.

If the insults come back, I'll hand out some infractions.

Nov 14, 2010 at 2:55 PM Post #34 of 112
The footsteps in black ops almost made me return it...and it almost made me go back to getting commandoed and tubed in MW2....that's how bad it is.

On to the Dolby Headphone vs multiple drivers debate. I am a fan of DH.....it can't get any better in positioning for me, it is 100% accurate every time. I am going to try to post a video of how good the positioning is as soon as I find my memory card adapter. I heard a guy coming around a corner, shot him...as I finished him off, I heard one of his buddies behind me....back right to be exact. He didn't know what hit him.

Nov 14, 2010 at 3:17 PM Post #35 of 112
This guy insults me twice, but you erase my post...

Quote:
Keep the personal insults out of the threads, folks.

It's OK to disagree but no personal insults.

If the insults come back, I'll hand out some infractions.

Nov 14, 2010 at 3:19 PM Post #36 of 112
HPA 2 in stereo mode is VERY BAD.
Get other headphones for dolby headphones...
you have to try and see if your sound card decodes optical in. 2.0 normally all sound cards accept, but 5.1 some cards can do.
An adapter like this would let you connect the mic to the controller: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDIO-2-5MM-3-5MM-JACK-ADAPTER-CONVERTER-LEAD-CABLE-/320595244062?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item4aa4f7341e#ht_3640wt_1032

But if you are buying the mixamp you won't need it.

with HPA2, would I be able to connect the optical cable from the 360 to the soundcard's toslink output, and then the headphones via the 3.5 to 6.3mm adapter to the headphone output, and then have the soundcard's software to config the settings? Here is the interface of the software: 

Would this let me to use any stereo headphone as well to have dolby on it via soundcards decoders?

And on top of that, can I just use the adapter for Xbox controller to have a PC logitech desktop mic working with Xbox live chat?

Thank you

Nov 14, 2010 at 3:52 PM Post #37 of 112
thank you.
I've ordered the toslink male to male cable and the 2.5 to 3.5mm adapter
gonna see if it works
if not, then I guess i ll just get the mixamp probably.

just a question about sharkoons, they look same as trittons 360, are you sure it's not just rebranded same thing?

and also, if the soundcard trick will work, would this module allow me to use hpa2 in 5.1? 

Nov 14, 2010 at 4:46 PM Post #38 of 112
Yes many people believe it is a rebrand. you know sharkoons are much cheaper in europe than axpro.

well if that is the 5.1 analog output yes it will.

Quote:
thank you.
I've ordered the toslink male to male cable and the 2.5 to 3.5mm adapter
gonna see if it works
if not, then I guess i ll just get the mixamp probably.

just a question about sharkoons, they look same as trittons 360, are you sure it's not just rebranded same thing?

and also, if the soundcard trick will work, would this module allow me to use hpa2 in 5.1? 

Nov 14, 2010 at 5:47 PM Post #39 of 112
Just wanted to give the OP an idea of how well the AD700's are respected around here:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/514055/best-gaming-headphones-with-poll-budget-100-250

Check the poll at the top.

Nov 14, 2010 at 10:28 PM Post #40 of 112
5.1 headphones are a complete waste of money.... Trust me, I know firsthand. You can get a much better setup with headphones that you will also love for other things other than games... but go ahead and believe in the 5.1 headphone hype. I know firsthand how easy an AD700 + DH compares to 5.1 in positioning tests. No comparison.

Nov 14, 2010 at 10:53 PM Post #43 of 112

Quote:

Thank you

I don't think you can employ your soundcard to process Dolby Headphone with the 360 optical 5.1 as your source (how would you be feeding the soundcard the Dolby Digital signal?). If you want a sense of how effective Dolby Headphone is, you're best to play a game on your PC, turn off all soundcard processing other than DH, and use your HD600. Dolby Headphones + multi driver cans (HPA2) defeats the purpose.

If you like the DH effect just purchase the MixAmp itself. A great feature of the MixAmp is the ability to monitor your own voice through your headphones (handy if you have closed cans) and also being able to "mix" voice chat levels with game audio levels. You'll have to purchase a mic (boom rigged to stereo headphones or clip on). Seriously, with your HD600 you're more than halfway there.

Nov 14, 2010 at 10:58 PM Post #44 of 112
Another argument for the DH vs Multi-driver debate; this is another matter how quality gloriously prevails over quantity. How big do you think those drivers could possibly be in those earcups? 2 audiophile grade drivers > 4-8 sub-par drivers any day.

Nov 14, 2010 at 11:02 PM Post #45 of 112
[size=medium]

Quote:
Not on Head-Fi, but on mainstream gaming sites definitely. I'm sure none of them have ever heard of Audio-Technica or Beyerdynamic for gaming. If only they knew...

​
[/size]

come on lol
If you are refering to me, I've had hd600, 650, k701, dt880, sr325, hf2 and gs1000. So I think I could say that I know what a quality headphone is. It's just the soundwhoring is what is raised here, and in that aspect 5.1 headphones seem to compete, so all I'm doing is asking questions about them :p
I didn't say I'm getting 5.1 one yet, I am going to try my soundcard idea, and I have a strong feeling that it will work just like mixamp does if not better. (it has a very good dac and customisation features). And if it works, it is a stereo soundcard, so I ll be able to use only stereo headphones with it anyway. 
I ll try with grados first, and then I might get the ad700 or get dt880s again.

Do you think these are trustworthy? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270662535110&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_3378wt_1135 seems 40% cheaper than everywhere else

[size=medium]

Quote:
I don't think you can employ your soundcard to process Dolby Headphone with the 360 optical 5.1 as your source (how would you be feeding the soundcard the Dolby Digital signal?). If you want a sense of how effective Dolby Headphone is, you're best to play a game on your PC, turn off all soundcard processing other than DH, and use your HD600. Dolby Headphones + multi driver cans (HPA2) defeats the purpose.

If you like the DH effect just purchase the MixAmp itself. A great feature of the MixAmp is the ability to monitor your own voice through your headphones (handy if you have closed cans) and also being able to "mix" voice chat levels with game audio levels. You'll have to purchase a mic (boom rigged to stereo headphones or clip on). Seriously, with your HD600 you're more than halfway there.

Sorry I should update my sig. HD 600s are the past, I traded them for shure se530s for the cowon s9. And yeah, I've just ordered the toslink cable which is just 2 pounds to see if I will be able to use the soundcard just to see if it works.
I don't see why not to be honest, because right now i have the xbox connected to the nad c320 stereo amp via the standard composite cable but just using red and white wires, while the other 3 are just hanging by, and then the amp powers my speakers and it works. Should be the same with the soundcard, no? The optical cable will carry everything but  soundcard will just take stereo and then I should be able to config it on PC

[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back