XBA-3/ XBA-30 thread.
Mar 20, 2013 at 5:35 PM Post #586 of 1,196
Quote:
Take the foam out of the nozzle is what a filter mod is
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks Mochill! This is definitely reversible right? Just in case I don't like the results... I'll give it a go and will report back.
Maybe this is what I needed so I wouldn't have to upgrade to the XBA 30...

Mar 21, 2013 at 2:13 AM Post #588 of 1,196
Yes if you don't like it just stuff the foam back in it :)

Guess what? I ain't stuffing the foams back! OMG! That BASS! The metallic tinge is gone for good... Mochill, I can't thank you enough. U tha man!

Mar 21, 2013 at 2:41 AM Post #589 of 1,196
Just an update on the filter mod, there is now a bit of sibilance depending on the quality of recording. Will have to experiment on different materials to substitute the foam. But overall, I like the new sound!

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:01 AM Post #591 of 1,196
What I've done now is I've taken the original foam and cut it as thin as possible, then with a very thin layer of super glue: installed it back to the nozzle. Sibilance has been minimized and only noticeable on some of my tracks (mostly EDMs and badly recorded rock music). I can't believe the bass on this thing... reminds me of the FX3X but more punchy and cleaner.

Mar 21, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #592 of 1,196
No sibilence for me cuz I like my treble as much as my mids and bass. :D no problem about the mod and about dirt and debris it won't harm the drivers because there is a paper filter behind the foam filter which is the reason for the amazing bass response that this thing produces, my guess is that is why people say the they aren't as fast as other BA iem, and if you take that part out then you will truely lose the musicality of the xba-3 and in return get a bad borning sounding iem :)

Mar 21, 2013 at 3:36 PM Post #596 of 1,196
Quote:
Jigga you should really try it out and tell us how it improves your xba-40s,regardless I'm still going to get them and mod the because for me I know they will be the ultimate iem after the mod
biggrin.gif

I actually tried this mod with my 40s. I'm split about the change. On one hand, the clarity is increased and instrument separation is more pronounced. On the other hand, the sound stage narrowed a bit and the bass impact was reduced.... I'll be putting the foams back on when I get home 

Mar 22, 2013 at 8:42 AM Post #598 of 1,196
Quote:
Guess what? I ain't stuffing the foams back! OMG! That BASS! The metallic tinge is gone for good... Mochill, I can't thank you enough. U tha man!

Wait, what did you do to get more bass? I found the XBA 3/4 lacked Bass, especially the low end (even with the Digizoid Zo2). I just used the earbuds that were already on the earphones, they fit fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back