XBA-3/ XBA-30 thread.
Nov 1, 2012 at 9:24 PM Post #61 of 1,196
At their original MSRP the XBA line was over priced and to main stream sounding for the audiophile crowd who are more willing spend more. So this coupled with a couple minor design decisions put these IEM's in a sort of no mans land.

I suspect the new prices are causing these to gain more traction sales wise and the new model try to make people pay more. Plus they will likely have refinements that help sales as well. But only time will tell.

Nov 2, 2012 at 12:09 AM Post #63 of 1,196
Believe it or not the XBA-2 MSRP is in fact $200. And the XBA-3 $300. 

I am wondering if there is some liquidation plans by Sony for the intro XBA line because of the new XBA-10,20,30,40..

Nov 2, 2012 at 2:52 AM Post #64 of 1,196
Great writeup Ds. You're really making me want to buy some XBA-3s, lol. I had the 4s once, their sound was a little "off" to me. Their tuning made the sound a bit uncohesive.

Quote:

The XBA3 isn't bad; it sounds more 'correct' than the XBA4, at least.

Ok that was pretty much all I needed to hear. Time to start saving up for some XBA-30s..

Nov 2, 2012 at 2:59 AM Post #65 of 1,196
As much as I loved the sound of the FXD80. These XBA-3. Takes that 3D type sound to a different level. Having 3 precision armatures. Staging is holographic on these. I was listening to come Celia Cruz the other night and I can make out every single instrument on the recording stage. Exactly where it was playing and this sound was projected out of my head. Once you adjust to their sound it is seriously ear crack.

Nov 2, 2012 at 7:12 AM Post #66 of 1,196
ive been listening to minefor a couple of days now and am really impressed with how Wide and open they sound. great mids and highs but feel they are light on the low end. is it just because im coming from turbine pro coppers?

Nov 2, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #67 of 1,196
Just got'em. Had to test them out before coming up with another burning station to burn them in. Scrap that. They sound too good... may the burn in commence in my ears
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 2, 2012 at 2:37 PM Post #68 of 1,196
nice. Ya listen to them and get immersed in their glory.. The only real effect of burn in is on the highs I thought. They become better extended and cleaner and less clinical sounding but only takes a day or so of full use..Happy listening my friend.

Oh and try this. Take the tips from your JVC FX40 and throw them on there. Then listen. The hybrid tips actually restrict a bit of the sounds. So try a wider tip.

Nov 2, 2012 at 3:07 PM Post #73 of 1,196
Ya I got one pic for you.

These are what is next for me. There is no force on headfi that can tell me I need to spend the money I plan on getting one of these for, for another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back