X-Men III Trailer
Dec 8, 2005 at 3:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 44

Homeless

Headphoneus Supremus
Anyone see this yet? I love the xmen movies and can't wait until May for this.
What do you think of Kelsey Grammer's make up for Beast? I think it looks awesome...anyway share your thoughts?

X3

Dec 8, 2005 at 7:36 AM Post #2 of 44
I anticipate it, very hopeful. Though I really really really can't stand Halle Berry, and I've never been a big fan of Storm as a character. She could be a cool character, but I've never seen her written so that she IS interesting, she's always come off as a background character to me (which is odd since she's supposed to be one of the leaders). But yeah, I'll definitely go see it, besides, Jackman is a great Logan.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 8, 2005 at 8:09 AM Post #3 of 44
I think it looks quite good. Beast seems pretty nice, but I really don't like what they have done with Juggernaut. Where's the helmet and armor? He isn't even big as he's supposed to be. In comics, hes pretty much unstoppable being with massive power, now he looks like a regular bodybuilder in costume.
But well, I'm still waiting this with anticipation. Hopefully it is as good as the first two, though I have my doubts 'cause the director has changed which can be bad or good thing, dunno. Bryan Singer did pretty nice job with the first two after all.

Dec 8, 2005 at 11:26 AM Post #4 of 44
I wonder if David Hayter did the script for this movie? He was the screenwriter for the original two, and does the voice of Solid Snake in MGS games (for all you that didn't know
biggrin.gif
)

580smile.gif
Abe

Dec 8, 2005 at 2:19 PM Post #5 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by GuffMorgan
I really really really can't stand Halle Berry, and I've never been a big fan of Storm as a character. She could be a cool character, but I've never seen her written so that she IS interesting, she's always come off as a background character to me

Looks better than the first two. I agree re:Halle Barry. She's absolutely gorgeous, but way too sweet looking, and weak acting for the Storm character. I had always wished that Iman, the model & David Bowie's wife, had landed that role. To me, she would have been perfect as Ororo.

Dec 8, 2005 at 3:14 PM Post #6 of 44
Dec 8, 2005 at 4:03 PM Post #7 of 44
Must be something wrong with my work PC I can't play it
frown.gif

I thought the second one was better than the first so I have high hopes for the third. Looking forward to the new characters too! Does anyone know if Gene is still Gene?? I thought she'd come back as Phoenix but it still has her named as Jean Grey?
I don't see Nightcrawler... is he not in this one?

Hugh Jackman does a fantastic job as Wolverine, originally there were rumors of that part going to the lead singer from Danzig.

Dec 8, 2005 at 4:19 PM Post #8 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74
Must be something wrong with my work PC I can't play it
frown.gif

I thought the second one was better than the first so I have high hopes for the third. Looking forward to the new characters too! Does anyone know if Gene is still Gene?? I thought she'd come back as Phoenix but it still has her named as Jean Grey?
I don't see Nightcrawler... is he not in this one?

Hugh Jackman does a fantastic job as Wolverine, originally there were rumors of that part going to the lead singer from Danzig.

I dont think you can cast Glen Danzig as Wolverine and still maintain anything less than an R rating (too many f-bombs).

Also, I heard that the actor who did nightcrawler didnt want to do it again based on the amount of time required for makeup.

Dec 8, 2005 at 4:21 PM Post #9 of 44
Just my opinion, but it shows a funeral in the trailer (I assume it is) and there is a flame...I think that it might be the start of the movie and Jean is pressumed dead...the flame is kind of foreshadowing the Phoenix. Then again when the movie come out I could be completely wrong...

Dec 8, 2005 at 4:22 PM Post #10 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg
Looks better than the first two. I agree re:Halle Barry. She's absolutely gorgeous, but way too sweet looking, and weak acting for the Storm character. I had always wished that Iman, the model & David Bowie's wife, had landed that role. To me, she would have been perfect as Ororo.

OH Yes!! Good call...She would've been great.
Can't wait for the movie..Loved the first two...mind you I've been reading the comic books since the 60's with only a few years break late 70's to early 80's.

-Nac...

Dec 8, 2005 at 5:26 PM Post #11 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless
Just my opinion, but it shows a funeral in the trailer (I assume it is) and there is a flame...I think that it might be the start of the movie and Jean is pressumed dead...the flame is kind of foreshadowing the Phoenix. Then again when the movie come out I could be completely wrong...

But we saw a flame in the shape of a phoenix in the water at the end of X2?

Dec 8, 2005 at 5:30 PM Post #12 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74
But we saw a flame in the shape of a phoenix in the water at the end of X2?

This is true, I forgot about that. I think I might re-watch the first two as I've only seen them once each in the theatre and once at home...

Dec 8, 2005 at 6:48 PM Post #13 of 44
Yeah from everything I've read Jean is supposed to be the Phoenix in this movie. And Juggernaut just seems like a hard character to cast without completely changing how he looks. Since, in the comics, he was what, 10 feet tall, weighed a ton, and was basically completely unstoppable.

Dec 9, 2005 at 1:50 AM Post #14 of 44
Interesting that everyone talks about the look of the thing but not much discussion on the overtones, which I like greatly. Without them these movies would be yet another overdone SFX Hollywood bomb, but with it the characters have depth for they have purpose and meaning. I really have liked the X movies, much more than almost all the other recent franchise movies combined.

Dec 9, 2005 at 2:19 AM Post #15 of 44
Eh, I'm still a fan of Batman Begins more than any of the others. Though if the Superman story is done well (with the saviour overtone) then it should be quite good. As far as the X-Men movies go, eh, I've enjoyed them, but then I've read some really well written X-Men stories and it'll take a lot for a movie to impress me with it's story (as far as X-Men goes). Though I could say that about Batman and Superman and all the others as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back