WyWires Red Headphone Cable
Sep 7, 2014 at 10:51 AM Post #61 of 198
  The great thing about the design of the Red is Alex paid attention to making sure the cable does not tangle and avoids any of the elements getting on the  cable. The Red on the LCD X is outstanding. i am using it in my reference system for reviewing gear. The  sound  just lets the music flow. I don't think about cables while listening with the Red. It just get out of the way. I like what it does because it does not call attention  to itself and is good value for the money. Very nice design.

Great have you compeer it to any other good aftermarket cables?

Sep 16, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #63 of 198
Adding to the gallery. My Red's paired with the amazing Audeze LCD-X. The Red cables bring another dimension of sound from these already stellar headphones.

Sep 19, 2014 at 5:51 PM Post #64 of 198
Just ordered my first after-market cables:  WyWires Red for the LCD-X.  My rig is: computer USB > UberB > Asgard2 > LCD-X.  Decided to get the Audeze stock cable out of the system.  Really looking forward to hearing the Red sound...
L3000.gif

Sep 23, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #67 of 198
Got my RED XLR cable for my HD800's last week and they are the real deal. Finer gradation in bass notes, more textual presence in mids and clearer presence in treble without losing any extension were my impressions after comparing to stock.

Also got an XLR to 1/4 TRS adapter from WyWires so I can use different equipment. Works great and excellent build quality.

Sep 25, 2014 at 2:18 AM Post #68 of 198
You know what's one thing that strikes me about this thread?  Everyone's impressions of the difference in SQ are remarkably consistent with one another's.  Neato.  
smile.gif

Sep 25, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #70 of 198

Very True. Alex posted a tease about something new being released at CanJam coming up. Can't wait to find out.

Are you coming to CanJam?  Gonna be quite a party this year.  
smile.gif

Oct 11, 2014 at 12:33 AM Post #72 of 198

Alex of WyWires just informed me that my Red cables are ready to ship for my
new Audeze 3 F ,
After reading some of the experienced testimonies above I'm really looking forward to these cables.. :musical_score:Wire can and will make a difference. :notes:

Oct 11, 2014 at 3:13 AM Post #73 of 198
Alex of WyWires just informed me that my Red cables are ready to ship for my
new Audeze 3 F ,
After reading some of the experienced testimonies above I'm really looking forward to these cables..

They are fantastic cables that unmask details that non of my other cables have done. As is customary with all my cables, I have given the Red 500 hrs cooking time and have been rewarded with a transparent and wide open sound. Alex recommends 100 hrs but they didn't start to sound good till the 125 mark. A word of warning, it is a ruthlessly revealing wire and bad recordings will be shown up as just that.
Great VFM and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone with a LCD-3.

Oct 23, 2014 at 9:27 AM Post #75 of 198
For those using their Wywire Red with the LCD 2, what are the significant improvements vs the stock cable? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back