WyWires Red Headphone Cable
Apr 21, 2015 at 2:03 AM Post #79 of 198
I had a minor problem after about a year, wywires had cable back, fixed within a week. Wy can't all company's be like them.
biggrin.gif

Aggreed.  Hope he's getting the business he deserves.  A beautiful upgrade to my Xs.

Apr 23, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #83 of 198
Great to hear this amazing feedback about WyWires. Had heard the Reds at CanJam and was very impressed, so I just signed on with Alex to get Reds as a cable upgrade for my MrSpeakers customers (Alpha Dog, Alpha Prime and forthcoming Ether). Super excited to work with Alex.

Apr 23, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #84 of 198
  Great to hear this amazing feedback about WyWires. Had heard the Reds at CanJam and was very impressed, so I just signed on with Alex to get Reds as a cable upgrade for my MrSpeakers customers (Alpha Dog, Alpha Prime and forthcoming Ether). Super excited to work with Alex.

I don't think you'll be disappointed. 

Jul 8, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #85 of 198
All,
Just re-reading this thread and noticed I'd posted when I ordered my first Red cables for the LCD-X.
Well I liked that cable so much, I ordered a 2nd Red for my LCD-XC.  I use only Red cables for my Audez'e cans now.

In addition, I asked Alex to make two more 1-meter cables for me:
 - AK120 balanced output to Audez'e
 - 1/8" SE to Bose QC25 (please hold the laughter)
The reasons:  I discovered the AK120 will drive the LCD-X/XC pretty well by itself, and when I travel the QC25 go with me

But today, on this thread, I noted the many favorable comments about the Red cables paired with the HD800.  I am using the Sennheiser balanced cable CH800 that sounds good to me.  I hadn't thought about moving to the Red for the HD800 - just how big an improvement is it??  Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
RCB

Jul 8, 2015 at 7:27 PM Post #86 of 198
All,
Just re-reading this thread and noticed I'd posted when I ordered my first Red cables for the LCD-X.
Well I liked that cable so much, I ordered a 2nd Red for my LCD-XC.  I use only Red cables for my Audez'e cans now.

In addition, I asked Alex to make two more 1-meter cables for me:
 - AK120 balanced output to Audez'e
 - 1/8" SE to Bose QC25 (please hold the laughter)
The reasons:  I discovered the AK120 will drive the LCD-X/XC pretty well by itself, and when I travel the QC25 go with me

But today, on this thread, I noted the many favorable comments about the Red cables paired with the HD800.  I am using the Sennheiser balanced cable CH800 that sounds good to me.  I hadn't thought about moving to the Red for the HD800 - just how big an improvement is it??  Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
RCB

You sound like a good customer of Alex so ask if he has a loaner you could try. He has always been easy to work with.

Sep 23, 2015 at 11:12 PM Post #89 of 198
I just posted the below comments in the LCD-X thread but it applies here as well. As indicated, note that the October issue of The Absolute Sound had a very favorable comment about the WyWires Red:

To me the WyWires Red did the trick -- cleaner airier treble, coupled with greater transparency across the board and tighter bass. Overall faster and cleaner too -- faster transients. And I had been using the Moon Silver Dragon, which was an improvement on the stock cable.  But the WyWires Red was, imo, quite a bit better than the Silver Dragon, as per above. The Silver Dragon did have a bloomier bass which gave the impression of more bass, but it was just not as tight.

Also, with the cleaner treble the WyWires took away a bit of the darkness of the LCD-X, in a good way.  

Thank you Mike Mercer and others for spreading the word on this cable. Also great service from Alex and fast turnaround in about a week. $299 for 5 ft.

BTW, the October issue of The Absolute Sound, p46, had a brief discussion of the WyWires Red at the recent Newport audio show, by Jim Hannon. He noted that the WyWires Red had "far better clarity, definition and spaciousness than the stock cable in an A/B demo".  And what was the stock cable and headphone used?  There's a pic but it's hard to tell, could be either the LCD-X or a HiFi Man headphone.

http://www.wywires.com/headphone-cables/

Sep 25, 2015 at 6:36 PM Post #90 of 198
  I just posted the below comments in the LCD-X thread but it applies here as well. As indicated, note that the October issue of The Absolute Sound had a very favorable comment about the WyWires Red:

To me the WyWires Red did the trick -- cleaner airier treble, coupled with greater transparency across the board and tighter bass. Overall faster and cleaner too -- faster transients. And I had been using the Moon Silver Dragon, which was an improvement on the stock cable.  But the WyWires Red was, imo, quite a bit better than the Silver Dragon, as per above. The Silver Dragon did have a bloomier bass which gave the impression of more bass, but it was just not as tight.

Also, with the cleaner treble the WyWires took away a bit of the darkness of the LCD-X, in a good way.  

Thank you Mike Mercer and others for spreading the word on this cable. Also great service from Alex and fast turnaround in about a week. $299 for 5 ft.

BTW, the October issue of The Absolute Sound, p46, had a brief discussion of the WyWires Red at the recent Newport audio show, by Jim Hannon. He noted that the WyWires Red had "far better clarity, definition and spaciousness than the stock cable in an A/B demo".  And what was the stock cable and headphone used?  There's a pic but it's hard to tell, could be either the LCD-X or a HiFi Man headphone.

http://www.wywires.com/headphone-cables/

Makes me wish Tyll had his LCDs cabled with Wywires for the BigSound event.  In fact, it might be a nice offer as an upgrade by Audeze itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back