www.headphonesale.co.uk - Legit???
Oct 23, 2010 at 3:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

Spurt

Head-Fier
Good evening all,

I've been meaning to get my hands on a pair of IE7s/IE8s for a while - so i was doing some proper price searching and came across this website http://www.headphonesale.co.uk where they are quoting prices of around £50 ($80) for the IE7s and £62 ($100~) for the IE8s. Both these prices seem just a little too good to be true, and i've been trying to do some research on this website. Apparently they work out of Hong Kong but this seems like too good a deal really. Any thoughts? Anyone bought from them? If so, did you get a legit, genuine product? Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 23, 2010 at 3:58 PM Post #2 of 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Both these prices seem just a little too good to be true, and i've been trying to do some research on this website. Apparently they work out of Hong Kong but this seems like too good a deal really. 

Really? I imagine you know the answer already.

Oct 23, 2010 at 4:09 PM Post #5 of 28
I wish I could say that they are legit, since I am from HK.

However, the only reliable Hong Kong audio stores I know are Uncle Mingo and Kingsound, which doesn't serve in English. The fact that they are operating in HK to target England is quite fishy.
tongue.gif

I should also add that authentic products in HK would not go for that price at all.

Oct 23, 2010 at 9:42 PM Post #6 of 28
Someone from that website were spamming the forum the other days. Personally, I'll keep my business outside of website like that.

Oct 24, 2010 at 2:48 AM Post #7 of 28
I'm trying to warn as many people as I can by keeping fakeheadphones up there in the search engines. The Problem is that one of my forum members spent a week trying to contact them (in order to get a refund) and i had to spend an hour on their live chat, threating them with legal action in order to get any response from them. Out of all of the 'worst sellers' i've come across, headphonesales.co.uk are a hideous company to deal with. Not only are they selling counterfeit headphones, but it's unlikely you'll ever get your money back.

At one point I would have said "Cough up the money, and buy the real thing." but now It's just sad that there are people spending just as much money on fakes as on the real thing. It doesn't bare thinking about. Not only that, but that's what they think Sennheiser's, Audio-Technica, Bose (for their sins) etc. sounds like.

http://fakeheadphones.com/category/headphonesalecouk/

Oct 24, 2010 at 6:08 AM Post #9 of 28

Anyone in the world can register a .co.uk site, as the site's whois results show:

Code:
   Domain name: headphoneonsale.co.uk Registrant: yang zong Registrant type: Unknown Registrant's address: no 12,xinsha road,futian district,shenzhen city shenzhen guangdong 518000 China

Oct 24, 2010 at 11:41 AM Post #10 of 28

Quote:
Not only are they selling counterfeit headphones, but it's unlikely you'll ever get your money back.

this is the reason why I use my CC (through paypal) on every purchase I make. I find that their buyer protection comes in handy for situations where the vendor is acting brick-headed

Oh, nice idea for the website by the way. I'll have to take a look before my next purchase. Although if I may make a suggestion.. 
Your website looks a little like one of those sites that spam you with ads. Typically, when I look at that formatting, I leave and look elsewhere.

Oct 25, 2010 at 4:13 PM Post #12 of 28
Hmm. It was the .co.uk website that aroused my suspicion. Usually i try to look at the design of the site and try and find grammatical errors which usually indicate a level of sketchiness. Although primarily - £60 odd for a pair of new IE8s... not likely.

Oct 25, 2010 at 4:17 PM Post #13 of 28
Sorry - i almost forgot to give thanks for this
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Anyone in the world can register a .co.uk site, as the site's whois results show:

Code:
   Domain name: headphoneonsale.co.uk Registrant: yang zong Registrant type: Unknown Registrant's address: no 12,xinsha road,futian district,shenzhen city shenzhen guangdong 518000 China

Oct 25, 2010 at 4:28 PM Post #14 of 28
absolutely fake.
black market

Users who are viewing this thread

Back