Wow! Sansa Fuze- color me impressed- Fuze appreciation thread
Jul 13, 2010 at 3:59 PM Post #646 of 767
Seems like old times!  The guy that has not heard a custom LOD saying there is no difference.  Comical, or sad, and with the persistence, I would way sad.

Do you need to keep reading after

Quote:
A Fuze is all digital

and

Quote:
The headphone out at 100% is equal to the line out signal and has no capacitors, resistors, extra wire or soldier joints between you and the signal

which are both false statements.  But, if you don't understand what is truly going on, you might come to these false conclusions.  I didn't know that you could drive a headphone with 0s and 1s.  Oh, and you have ripped your Fuze apart and know there are no capacitors in the HPO?  So that means it is in phantom ground mode then, with additional circuitry to remove the DC offset voltage.

@ 5aces: the LOD works with your iPod, but the channels are swapped on the iPod.

Jul 13, 2010 at 4:29 PM Post #647 of 767
Quote:
@ 5aces: the LOD works with your iPod, but the channels are swapped on the iPod.

Truth be told,I just plugged it in out of curiosity and got sound which I never analyzed.

As long as it doesn't swap channels for the whole song,like an EAC rip if you happen to choose that option(Drive options... Drive tab) ,I know it really won't be doing that!

An added feature on some amps was reverse channel,I got it for free with the LOD,heh.

When I plugged in an iPod LOD to the Sansa it was a no-go,I would appreciate anything else you have to add on these points,average_joe.

Jul 14, 2010 at 2:22 AM Post #648 of 767

Quote:
Seems like old times! 

Yeah it sure does. 

Funny how the same names keep coming up whenever there's a buck to be made off unsuspecting people.

Regardless of your arguments and claims,  the numbers don't support the need for a LOD.

It is also a violation your TOS agreement with HeadFi to use the forum to promote and sell stuff.

And btw, didn't you have a run in with Jude about a year ago over this?

USG

Jul 14, 2010 at 2:50 AM Post #649 of 767
@ 5aces: the right-left channels are swapped on the Fuze/iPod, so there is a complete channel swap with the iPod.  And the pins that activate the Fuze line out are not connected in an iPod dock, as connecting them does not make sense.

@ USG: Still can't admit you are wrong.  Your credibility with anyone that remembers you is zero, but new, unsuspecting people might fall for your BS.  I am sorry your ears are so bad you can't hear a difference.  Oh, wait, you never even tried!

Go use your Fuze HPO to properly power your HD650 and T1 and send a PM to Jude while you are at it!  And how did your multiple run ins with the various mods go?

Jul 14, 2010 at 3:18 AM Post #651 of 767

Quote:
Sorry dude,  the numbers don't support the need for a LOD.

USG

Let your ears tell you.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/440251/wanna-audition-the-fuze-lod

The ears have spoken, and those that have tried it don't need to look at numbers to know the answer.  You should actually hear a custom LOD so you can proclaim you don't hear a difference vs. spouting your typical BS.  Seriously.  You can buy one here (that uses decent caps).

Jul 14, 2010 at 3:22 AM Post #652 of 767
Tell you both what:

Shut up. Let the members decide. I'm tired of watching you two crap all over this thread and I'm sure some others who aren't speaking sure hate it as well.

Take it to PM's, or if you hate each other that much, use the ignore list.

I'd rather hear the sounds of satisfied Fuze buyers than two pundits trying to chew each other out over the Internet.

Jul 14, 2010 at 3:29 AM Post #653 of 767
Quote:
Tell you both what:

Shut up. Let the members decide. I'm tired of watching you two crap all over this thread and I'm sure some others who aren't speaking sure hate it as well.

Take it to PM's, or if you hate each other that much, use the ignore list.

I'd rather hear the sounds of satisfied Fuze buyers than two pundits trying to chew each other out over the Internet.

First, I was offering my opinion for a member that is using a LOD.  I do have much experience with LODs.  And 2nd, I agree that we should let members decide, which is why I posted the link the the audition the fuze thread, where members decide.

BTW, your contribution was fantastic, thanks.

Jul 14, 2010 at 3:33 AM Post #654 of 767

Quote:

Let your ears tell you.

Too bad the ears can't tell which one their listening to once it's removed from sight.........

Every DBT test for the past 30 years has demonstrated this.

The fact remains that the numbers don't support your contention..... but hey, why believe in science ?

USG

Jul 14, 2010 at 3:55 AM Post #655 of 767

Quote:

Too bad the ears can't tell which one their listening to once it's removed from sight.........

Every DBT test for the past 30 years has demonstrated this.

The fact remains that the numbers don't support your contention..... but hey, why believe in science ?

USG

Have you read this thread?

Jul 14, 2010 at 4:41 AM Post #658 of 767

Quote:
I read it  for a while.......... why?

USG

It seems like a similar debate to the one you are having here, over whether or not an LOD cable would make a difference. The science guys looked at the measurements of the HiFiMAN, and were not pleased with what they saw....the "science"..... whereas the owners of the player say it just plain sounds better..."let the ears choose". 

I've never heard one.....and I never had the opportunity to try one of these LODs back when I still had a Fuze.....so I am not picking sides here. It does seem a little unfair to say it's not necessary, without having tried one of the things for yourself, though....sometimes the spec sheet isn't the be-all and end-all.

I remember reading this debate/argument back a year or so ago, when I was just a lurker here, and I'm just hoping things don't get so heated again, that's all. Have a good day!
smile.gif

Jul 14, 2010 at 5:00 AM Post #659 of 767

Quote:
It seems like a similar debate to the one you are having here, over whether or not an LOD cable would make a difference. The science guys looked at the measurements of the HiFiMAN, and were not pleased with what they saw....the "science"..... whereas the owners of the player say it just plain sounds better..."let the ears choose". 

I've never heard one.....and I never had the opportunity to try one of these LODs back when I still had a Fuze.....so I am not picking sides here. It does seem a little unfair to say it's not necessary, without having tried one of the things for yourself, though....sometimes the spec sheet isn't the be-all and end-all.

I remember reading this debate/argument back a year or so ago, when I was just a lurker here, and I'm just hoping things don't get so heated again, that's all. Have a good day!
smile.gif

I have 2 line out docks.  One is used every day in my office connected to a stereo, and the other is in the picture with the GS-1. 

USG

Oct 25, 2010 at 8:28 PM Post #660 of 767
Quote:
Yeah it sure does. 

Funny how the same names keep coming up whenever there's a buck to be made off unsuspecting people.

Regardless of your arguments and claims,  the numbers don't support the need for a LOD.

It is also a violation your TOS agreement with HeadFi to use the forum to promote and sell stuff.

And btw, didn't you have a run in with Jude about a year ago over this?

USG

Now I've been reading through this thread and I must conclude, I couldn't help but feel a huge second hand embarrassment for you...

You have a very hostile nature and on here you specifically question and attack anyone who might be interested in an LOD for the Fuze or who did actually try it and prefer it over an ordinary HPO.
Noone has promoted the LOD even slightly comparable to the degree that you constantly dispute their relevance while accusing people of financial interests.

Your steady long term accusations of promoting LOD solely for personal profit directed at several people who made positive remarks imho exceed legit free speech and with their nature of defamation enter the world of prosecution.

I can't see how a forum can tolerate your hostility, but what can you do, seems that the choice has been made to let single characters other than mods and admins dictate the content that is discussed as well as the intellectual level it's discussed at.

At last, I would have had questions to ask, but frankly I only registered because while reading it creeped me out me how a potentially helpful thread in a potentially nice forum is controlled by such a single negative person.
So, feel free to use big blue letters, I won't be back and it's no loss for me tbh.
And no, I'm not selling LOD, I'm not buying LOD, I dont even own a Fuze (yet?)...
And I am in no way related to any of the people who were / are buying/ selling LOD for Fuze.
After reading quite some pages of this dreadful thread I know that would be your next accusation...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back