Wow! Sansa Fuze- color me impressed- Fuze appreciation thread
Sep 6, 2009 at 1:50 AM Post #541 of 767
Just because you mentioned battery time, the AMP3 has close to 100 hour battery life. I own the Fuze and it does sound great, but I would be lucky to get 12 continuous hours out of mine. I am not sure about the i7. The AMP3 interface isn't the best (at least the first version), but the new version should improve a bunch of interface issues.

Plus, they do have external chargers and power packs that use regular batteries.

Sep 9, 2009 at 1:14 AM Post #542 of 767
thanks but I have no idea where to purchase one and its probably above budget .
I think I may go for the fuze , one last thing about SQ , is it far inferior with a pair of pl-30's or jbl 220's or I wont even notice the difference either way ?

Sep 9, 2009 at 2:53 AM Post #543 of 767
AMP3 from Whiplash Audio here.

The included buds are really good, but I understand if it is out of your price range.

The Fuze also does sound very good, and you can get PL-30's or PL-21's and have great sound.

Sep 16, 2009 at 2:58 PM Post #547 of 767
Hi,
will there be a new fuze coming out soon since Clip+ is already out
smily_headphones1.gif

I am looking for a mp3 player with line out plus memory card support so the fuze is the best choice. of course clip+ has its merit too !!

thanks.

Sep 16, 2009 at 5:28 PM Post #548 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by adn6244 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,
will there be a new fuze coming out soon since Clip+ is already out
smily_headphones1.gif

I am looking for a mp3 player with line out plus memory card support so the fuze is the best choice. of course clip+ has its merit too !!

thanks.

Hi adn6244

May I ask what you want the line out for?
atsmile.gif

USG

Sep 17, 2009 at 2:07 PM Post #549 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by upstateguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi adn6244

May I ask what you want the line out for?
atsmile.gif

USG

he he he . .. . i tried to connect my samsung p2 to the dac but the sound was so soft..... so i was thinking of getting a player with line out for portable and home use. and i will not consider apple so my choice is really limited.

although i saw somewhere posted that fuze does not have a real line out...i could be wrong cause i haven't explored all the info yet.

Sep 17, 2009 at 2:47 PM Post #550 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by adn6244 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
he he he . .. . i tried to connect my samsung p2 to the dac but the sound was so soft..... so i was thinking of getting a player with line out for portable and home use. and i will not consider apple so my choice is really limited.

although i saw somewhere posted that fuze does not have a real line out...i could be wrong cause i haven't explored all the info yet.

I don't understand what you were trying to connect your P2 to.

The Fuze has a line out but if you look at the spec chart below, I doubt there is an audible difference between the headphone out and the line out (despite claims to the contrary by overly enthusiastic listeners and LOD maker$), so unless you're going to use the dock as a stand for the player, you really don't need the line out.

I saw a reworked Griffin dock on ebay that might have some merit, however, if you decide to go that route. It might be able to elevate the standard Griffin dock, (which was not quite as good as the headphone out), up to headphone out quality. Even so, the difference between the Griffin dock and the headphone out is very very small and unless you are using a highly resolving home rig, it is probably inaudible.

USG

orig.jpg

Sep 17, 2009 at 5:56 PM Post #551 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by upstateguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Fuze has a line out but if you look at the spec chart below, I doubt there is an audible difference between the headphone out and the line out (despite claims to the contrary by overly enthusiastic listeners and LOD maker$), so unless you're going to use the dock as a stand for the player, you really don't need the line out.

I don't want to get into this again, but...
I was fortunate enough to try ClieOS's LOD on my Fuze, and yes, there is a noticeable difference. The difference between unamped and amped through HP is minimal. When the Fuze is amped through a LOD, there is a very distinct difference. I don't sell them, and I don't intend to buy one just because I enjoy my Fuze's portability. Charts and numbers may something, but until you experience it, don't discount it.
If you wish to read my review on the LOD, search for Fuze Audition in portable source gear.

Sep 18, 2009 at 12:05 AM Post #553 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drpepper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't want to get into this again, but...
I was fortunate enough to try ClieOS's LOD on my Fuze, and yes, there is a noticeable difference. The difference between unamped and amped through HP is minimal. When the Fuze is amped through a LOD, there is a very distinct difference. I don't sell them, and I don't intend to buy one just because I enjoy my Fuze's portability. Charts and numbers may something, but until you experience it, don't discount it.
If you wish to read my review on the LOD, search for Fuze Audition in portable source gear.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woody469 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice chart Upstateguy but what do your ears tell you? Whats that you say? You've never even tried using the Fuze's LOD with a quality interconnect yet you comment like you are an authority on the subject? Shame be to you.

Look guys, I really dont' want to be drawn into this again, but the numbers don't lie. You can't get more out of the chip than it has to offer. According to the manufacturer's specs I posted, a good rendering of either of the two output sources should be relatively indistinguishable from each other.

I have no doubt both of you believe that you heard differences, and this sort of placebo effect has happened to all of us at one time or another, but the fact is the factory numbers don't support a JND between the two outputs.

"He said, she said","I know a guy who knows a guy", and "I heard a difference", are far from anything that resembles a scientific test or any sort of proof of anything. The manufacturer's specifications, on the other hand are verifiable, reproducible, published numbers and, as you can see, the difference between the two outputs is too close to call.

Arguments like you guys made, regarding things that cannot be measured, need to be backed up by rigorous reproducible, and verifiable tests, in order to remove all possible bias from human subjective judgments, opinions and expectations.

Until that is done, they can not be considered as having any validity.

The manufacturer's published specifications, on the other hand, are the actual measurements designers and builders use in creating players like the Fuze.

USG

Sep 18, 2009 at 3:23 AM Post #554 of 767
Quote:

This guy is sending around his LOD for people to audition and decide for themselves http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f15/wa...ze-lod-440251/ I can't wait to get my hands on it so I can compare it to the superb Fuze LOD I already own. I love the night and day difference using an LOD makes over the HP out.

Despite your BOLD BLUE LETTERS, until you've tried it you know nothing.

Sep 18, 2009 at 3:55 AM Post #555 of 767
Quote:

Despite your BOLD BLUE LETTERS, until you've tried it you know nothing.

The burden of proof is on the person making the unsubstantiated claim. Until you come up with some verifiable, reproducible data, I'm afraid your opinion has no validity.

There is no day and night difference.

What I've said is backed up by the manufacturers data sheet.

What you've claimed is contrary to the same data sheet.

Even Drpepper said there was no day and night difference in his review.

Now what?

USG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back