Would you use your Custom IEM for street use?
Apr 8, 2011 at 5:35 AM Post #16 of 24

Quote:
It's a nice sunny day today so I walked into work while listening to my ACS T1s. The silicon is very comfortable and the isolation is great. They might look a bit like hearing aids but that might work in my favour as the local chavs might decide not to verbally abuse me.
biggrin.gif

Even if they do, it is not like you can be bothered to care with all the wonderful music flowing around you.
biggrin.gif

Apr 8, 2011 at 8:59 AM Post #17 of 24

Quote:
It's a nice sunny day today so I walked into work while listening to my ACS T1s. The silicon is very comfortable and the isolation is great. They might look a bit like hearing aids but that might work in my favour as the local chavs might decide not to verbally abuse me.
biggrin.gif

LMAO

You can see from my Avatar how mine used to look - used to get some side looks then as people probably tried to figure out what they were. Unfortunately, the guitar logos wore down and after the right earpiece failed, I asked ACS to redo the silicon in plain black...havent noticed quite so many side glances now. Anyway I don't care what people think....its a fantastic to have one of the best sounding IEMs on the planet plugged into my brain
ksc75smile.gif

Apr 8, 2011 at 2:09 PM Post #18 of 24
That's awesome guys. I wouldn't care what people think.
How do you guys store them though? Do you bring a case around or just shove them in your pockets?

Apr 8, 2011 at 8:28 PM Post #19 of 24
Unlike all who answered this thread, I keep My Grado's on My head off the ear's or around My neck, bulky yes, and I would'nt do it any other way! 
gs1000.gif

Apr 8, 2011 at 8:53 PM Post #20 of 24
I use it on the street every now and then, mainly on public transport though.
Otherwise I use universal IEMs just because I can unplug them faster and I prefer to have less isolation in public.
Also don't feel very comfortable walking around on the streets with $1200 IEMs.
biggrin.gif

Good thing is that people don't know what it is.

Apr 8, 2011 at 8:54 PM Post #21 of 24
Just waiting for the weather to get better so I can bring out my SofterWear Atrios. If it's cold and rainy outside I won't use them outside on that particular day. I take care of my stuff and don't want them to get damaged. I would use them inside though. But if the weather is like spring and summer I would definitely use them inside and outside on bus, subway, and in the car.

Apr 9, 2011 at 12:22 AM Post #22 of 24
The insane amount of isolation kind of freaks me out. I wouldn't recommend walking around town/city with them. I would definitely use them inside a library/coffeeshop/public transportation.

Apr 9, 2011 at 12:33 PM Post #23 of 24

Quote:
That's awesome guys. I wouldn't care what people think.
How do you guys store them though? Do you bring a case around or just shove them in your pockets?

I use Tunebelt's original CD1 Carrier  made for holding cd players but it has enough space for my Cowon D2 & Atrios Earphones and  2 slots i can use to listen to my music at the same time that's how I store & can use them at the same time.

Apr 9, 2011 at 1:27 PM Post #24 of 24
Another case You could look at is the "Ape Case" for the PSP, there's a belt attachment on it with snap's and a cargo clip that You can hang it with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back