Would the Sennheiser HD6XX's compliment the PSB M4U1's well?
Aug 29, 2017 at 8:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Zenrap518

100+ Head-Fier
I am looking for an open back to compliment my PSB M4U 1's that are a tad bassier and warmer, more open, yet still engaging enough for electronic music without extremely rolled off highs. I thought of the HD6XX (I have a Schiit Stack 2 Non-Uber), but i'm not quite sure because it apparently has a more closed soundstage and pretty rolled off highs. Do you think it'll work for casual gaming and music? (Mostly CCM, Pop, and Electronic) and if not, do you have any suggestions? Thanks.

-Zen

Aug 29, 2017 at 8:44 PM Post #2 of 4
It will be great for your preferences. It doesn't have rolled off highs anymore. That was the earlier versions. The PSB's are really good headphones and underrated in my opinion. Both of these choices are excellent.

Aug 29, 2017 at 8:59 PM Post #3 of 4
Have not heard the PSB's so don't know about thier bass but the 6xx's has a very good and controlled bass. The highs are a bit rolled off but not to the point I would call them dark but warm. The soundstage is on the narrow side to be sure but still is very musical and engaging headphone but have not heard them from a stack but Schiit amps tend to be neutral and that will play well with them. I don't like them from my Chord Mojo but from a Bottlehead Crack they are a thing of beauty. These are just my opinions ymmv as always.

Aug 29, 2017 at 11:27 PM Post #4 of 4
The 600/650 don't impress me for gaming like the 598 does. Those two have a very intimate soundstage and don't really immerse the listener into the game very well. They also sound a bit closed in games which is very noticeable in games with important sounds coming from long distances. Other than that, the highs are very enjoyable and the overall presentation is decently relaxed. It's hard to dislike the sound of the 600/650 unless your biggest joy in life is sharp treble :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back