Would Denon Ah-d1000 /AH-D1100 be considered "Portable"? Audio-Technica ATH-M50S better choice?
Nov 15, 2010 at 3:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ocean2026

New Head-Fier
They only weigh about  6.3 - 6.7 oz  and always get high marks for comfort.

That would seem to be portable to a newbie like myself..

Can one jog in these?  I'm not that fast...

Probably the most frequent use would be playing them in my convertible with my IPOD which can be powered ( and connected to) my car stereo.   As the Miata has lots of road noise its hard to listen to off the stereo unless I blast it.  I want some outside noise - such as a truck honking at me for changing lanes without looking but not too much.

I listen to 50%  Rock 30% Enya type   new age rest mixed

Audio-Technica ATH-M50S is listed as a true portable  but it weighs more  how would this match up for

sound quality

comfort

portability..

Nov 15, 2010 at 6:53 PM Post #2 of 3
You probably shouldn't be wearing closed headphones when you're jogging, they can easily fall off and it's dangerous when you can't hear your surroundings.

For jogging, I would prefer using IEMs or KSC75.

Nov 15, 2010 at 7:55 PM Post #3 of 3
Thanks  Moot-   I thought they did not cancel the outside noise.   If true the same might be said that its not good to drive with either one of those cans.   Whoops  just read the thread and debate about driving with headphones.  I have a noisy convertible and while it might be unsafe to drive in traffic with headphones - Im thinking about that long boring stretch from san antonio to el paso.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back