Would AD700 benefit from iBasso D4 Mamba?
Aug 18, 2011 at 1:29 AM Post #16 of 19
Oh I see.  No, you would just get the amp, charger, and mini-to-mini cable.  How much quality you lose through the HP-out?  Not much, if at all, with an amp as good as the Minibox-ES.  If anything, it will make your headphones tighter, smoother, cleaner, and clearer in sound plus open up the soundstage.  You will also get mildly longer battery life from your Zune since it will be seeing a high impedance load and the minibox does all the amping work instead of the Zune's built-in amp.

Aug 18, 2011 at 1:40 AM Post #17 of 19
It seems like a very good amp but Skylab rated the D4 a lot higher than the Minibox E+. The Minibox E+ couldn't be much different that the Minibox-ES. They are about the same price. I don't really know what to do now. Also, it seems like the general consensus is to avoid a portable amp, if you have to use the HP-out of your DAP. I am so confused... :p

Aug 18, 2011 at 1:44 AM Post #18 of 19
Skylab tried the E, not E+ that is about on par with the P-51.
Whether you should avoid a portable amp or not because you do not have a line-out depends.  AD700 is very, very efficient, so it doesn't demand an amp.  Or instead of splurging on a portable amp, you can upgrade to SRH940 or a used A2000X if you are willing to shoot for that. 
evil_smiley.gif

Much more improvement to be had there.

Aug 18, 2011 at 1:52 AM Post #19 of 19
Haha. I will think about it. Thanks for your help and the quick replies. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back