worth upgrading from ad700 to ad900?
Oct 5, 2011 at 12:59 AM Post #31 of 41

Quote:
confused_face_2.gif
Who? On Head-fi? Also, hard to find them used if no one gets them to begin with.

I'm just playing devil's advocate here. But let's not make it out to be the absolute best open phone in that mid-range like that. It's not. It's just another option.

Very best,

Personally I think the AD900's are a much better recommendation than all the other headphones you listed. He likes the AD700 sound already and has the urge to upgrade. I can't see a better option, especially WITHOUT a headphone amp.

Dec 22, 2011 at 1:51 PM Post #39 of 41

Quote:
if i do get an amp.
lets say fiio e7 without the use of bass enhancement.
how would ad900 compare to hd558.

I actually have both of these to compare. To me the HD558 were warmer with a bit more mid-bass, but for sub-bass the Ad900 went a little lower with more presence. Most won't agree with this, but most don't have Ad900 that have completely broken in pads that fit snug. 

This is off memory though, I still have my Ad900 and HD558 though if you want direct.

Dec 22, 2011 at 3:10 PM Post #40 of 41

Quote:
I actually have both of these to compare. To me the HD558 were warmer with a bit more mid-bass, but for sub-bass the Ad900 went a little lower with more presence. Most won't agree with this, but most don't have Ad900 that have completely broken in pads that fit snug. 

This is off memory though, I still have my Ad900 and HD558 though if you want direct.

that wouldn't be necessary anymore.
i've already ordered a k701 and matrix m stage. but thanks for the help.
people of head-fi are really helpful
smile.gif

Dec 22, 2011 at 4:39 PM Post #41 of 41
The AD900 is a good upgrade, but the cost difference just doesn't justify it to me.  I think if you like teh sound of the AD700 but want something with more bass and clarity, I'd recommend the Beyerdynamic DT-990 or DT-880.  The DT-880 for gaming and the DT-990 for everything else.  The DT-990 is still great for gaming, I have it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back