Worst smell ever?
Nov 4, 2009 at 11:52 PM Post #61 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by john53 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
confused_face.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

It is a black substance that there is not a name in the English language for.

Nov 5, 2009 at 12:29 AM Post #62 of 102
Got to agree with both New Jersey(Meadowlands), and the paper mills or perhaps carpet mills odors in the air at the Georgia/Florida state line. Terrific

Nov 5, 2009 at 5:53 AM Post #63 of 102
Once went away for a week. My refrigerator died. Inside the freezer were three chicken. The smell of rotten chicken. You don't want to smell that....

Nov 5, 2009 at 6:33 AM Post #64 of 102
Iodine gas is pretty dreadful stuff. We made some in science and a friend and I were downwind unaware that one of the products of the reaction was going to be iodine gas. All my airways were burning for hours.

Nov 5, 2009 at 12:02 PM Post #65 of 102
When we first moved into our house several years ago, when spring rolled around we somehow got drafted to help our neighbors open their in-ground pool for the season. When we pulled the cover back, we were greeted by a dead skunk that had obviously been dead for quite some time. It was basically skunk stew. I have never smelled anything like that, before or since.

Nov 5, 2009 at 1:16 PM Post #66 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by Moontan13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Durian isn't the worst smell. Bowel surgery is.

i agree !!!

gangrenous bowel.. ruptured AP... the creamy (dirty white colored) pus soaking practically the entire abdomen ? ... malodorous x10000% ... you would like to ask yourself "why am i inside this OR?"
confused_face.gif

Nov 5, 2009 at 3:27 PM Post #67 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by bass_nut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i agree !!!

gangrenous bowel.. ruptured AP... the creamy (dirty white colored) pus soaking practically the entire abdomen ? ... malodorous x10000% ... you would like to ask yourself "why am i inside this OR?"
confused_face.gif

OMG

Nov 5, 2009 at 5:41 PM Post #69 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got to agree with both New Jersey(Meadowlands), and the paper mills or perhaps carpet mills odors in the air at the Georgia/Florida state line. Terrific

X2 on paper mills! They are disgusting D:

Nov 5, 2009 at 5:59 PM Post #70 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducks_own /img/forum/go_quote.gif
X2 on paper mills! They are disgusting D:

They don't have to be. My wife's family is from Green Bay so we go there at least once a year. They have at least 2 paper mills and they don't stink. The ones in the south east are pretty bad

Nov 5, 2009 at 8:37 PM Post #71 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i dated a chick with anosmia in college. wrote an article about it for a class, in fact. called it, "The Ol' Factory has Shut Down."

Also born without a sense of smell so I doubt I could even register most of the things listed here before the toxicity did me some damage / made me pass out (so I'd make a terrible miner's canary).

Nov 5, 2009 at 8:48 PM Post #72 of 102
We once had a coworker who had a violent gag reflex to the verbal mention of feces. Once some of the crew found out there was a number of stories going his way that ended in his running to the bathroom or bushes to vomit. He finally had to quit his job.

Nov 5, 2009 at 9:18 PM Post #73 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redcarmoose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We once had a coworker who had a violent gag reflex to the verbal mention of feces. Once some of the crew found out there was a number of stories going his way that ended in his running to the bathroom or bushes to vomit. He finally had to quit his job.

Nice coworkers. I think I'd not want to work with people like that even without the problem.

Nov 5, 2009 at 9:29 PM Post #74 of 102
I think there will always be that % of people who are mean. Yes, it was sad to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back