Worst smell ever?
Jul 21, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #76 of 102
+1 on stinky tofu.

I was in China once at this buffet restaurant, tried the stinky tofu. My coworker said if you can get past the smell (more like stench to me), its actually not bad (he had it before). Well I couldn't get past the smell and gagged and almost puked when I tried it but the ice cream fixed it.

Then these two young good looking chinese women came in and beelined to the stinky tofu.

Jul 21, 2013 at 9:11 PM Post #77 of 102
Have you ever lived near a meat processing plant?
We lived miles away from one and every time we drove past it we had to put up the car windows it was so bad.
Anyone who lived near it probably had their home values drop majorly.

Not sure what causes that really.

Not the worst, but close.

Jul 21, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #78 of 102
Rotten liquified potato is the most noisome odor ever conceived....hands down!

Noisome, malodorous, fetid, rancid, putrid, noxious, stinky, musty, frowsty, reeking, fusty, rank, funky.....nasty stench. :frowning2:

Ever come across a potato that has been left in a damp, un-ventilated, dark cabinet for about 3 months in the middle of a ridiculously hot summer in an apartment with little to no proper climate control? I have no idea how it got there or how my roommate and I went another 3 months without smelling it or opening the cabinet but when we finally did, the rancid smell was awful and would not dissipate.

I've got to second diesel. We use it up here to freeze protect oil wells and whenever we pull tools and there is a bit of trapped pressure, the people closest to the toolstring (AKA me, in many cases) usually get a good dousing. Sucks even more when it happens the day you're flying home and don't have time to take a shower before you have to catch the plane...

Jul 22, 2013 at 3:43 AM Post #79 of 102
I've eaten stinky tofu on more than one occasion...

Personally I'd say it's when I go into a cave only to discover it's inhabited by bats, that is they've used the place as a toilet for generations and generations. I hate the smell of bat guano and everything associated with it.

Jul 22, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #81 of 102
Crazy lady on the subway. Smelled like the fermented and baked contents of several porto potties. Like if you did all your business in your thick wool garments every day for 3 years and never changed them. She appeared to be wearing a heavy dose of pungent perfume to mask the smell but it made it 10 times worse. Within 2 stops, half the subway car was cleared out. People were gagging 20 feet away. I moved to the next car along with a group of women and one of them started thanking Jesus that she escaped.

Jul 22, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #82 of 102
Oh what's really nasty is the smell combo of cigarettes and perfume. Yuck!
BTW I never realized how many women smoked cigars. Every time I go down to the convenience store they're always buying them. For some reason I always thought it was something only men did.
biggrin.gif

Jul 23, 2013 at 1:05 PM Post #85 of 102
Quote:
Oh what's really nasty is the smell combo of cigarettes and perfume. Yuck!
BTW I never realized how many women smoked cigars. Every time I go down to the convenience store they're always buying them. For some reason I always thought it was something only men did.
biggrin.gif

I think a lot of them are probably buying them as a gift for a man.

Jul 23, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #86 of 102
Stinky corpse flower just bloomed in DC:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back