Worst smell ever?
Nov 3, 2009 at 5:02 AM Post #2 of 102
New Jersey. Yes, hydrogen sulfide.

Nov 3, 2009 at 5:10 AM Post #4 of 102
For me, it is a Diaper Decor full of used diapers. Kill me with whatever is handy...
puke.gif

Nov 3, 2009 at 5:39 AM Post #6 of 102
The tar-like substance that newborns try to pass off as poop... who are they trying to fool with that foul mess??

Nov 3, 2009 at 5:53 AM Post #8 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by Laokid18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DURIAN.

omg so delicious

Nov 3, 2009 at 7:04 AM Post #11 of 102
Burning plastic.

If you've ever had a plastic spatula or something fall onto the heating element in your dishwasher, and then been assaulted by the overwhelming fumes when you opened the dishwasher... then you know why I put it first on my list. It's far, far worse than the most pungent, putrid poop. It's also toxic: it can contain dioxin and carbon monoxide, among other less-than-desirables. And the choking fumes seem to soak into every porous and semi-porous material in the house and just stick around, no matter how long you freeze yourself with your doors and windows open.

Some other nauseating smells, in no particular order:
Rotting garbage
Formaldehyde (thanks a lot, biology instructor!)
Tobacco smoke
Beer
Outhouses
Baby diapers
Baking parmesan cheese
Skunk spray
Cat pee
Pig manure
Cow manure
Most anything deposited in a steaming heap by a wild animal
Vinegar
The football team's locker room
Dad's farts
Burnt Ryvita rye crackers (thanks a lot, mom!)
Stinky diesel trucks
Exhaust from an oil-burning junker

Nov 3, 2009 at 7:26 AM Post #12 of 102
Once when i was on a train i noticed a strange odour, when i got out the railroad car was surrounded by thick white smoke, probably some cooling fluid evaporating because of a failure of some sort, really terrible stuff.

Not very healthy chemicals
biggrin.gif

Nov 3, 2009 at 8:07 AM Post #14 of 102
i remember dissecting sharks in a biology lab decades ago .. wearing double rubber gloves did not save my hands to pick up the smell.. how bad ? ey, it will make a human cadaver in the human anatomy lab smell like Armani
ksc75smile.gif

hence, i prefer Durian
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back