Worst IEM you owned so far
Jan 18, 2010 at 1:49 PM Post #61 of 83
Philips SHE-9850
Great looks, awful sounding to my ears.
Of course, there are much worse sounding, but cheaper ones, but i donot consider them headphones :)
& i also hated the fit of e5c & triple.fi - they were real pain for me. But, of course, they sounded great.

Jan 18, 2010 at 2:08 PM Post #62 of 83
TF 10's...why?
Because they sounded great and I couldn't get a good seal no matter what I tried... :/
Very frustrating.

Jan 21, 2010 at 10:34 PM Post #65 of 83
Klipsch Custom 2: fine sounding phones, but absolutely impossible to fit.

Jan 21, 2010 at 10:41 PM Post #66 of 83
The only one I've owned that I didn't like was the CX300. It's the only IEM I've owned that had intolerable microphonics even with the cable over my ear.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dweaver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was really dissapointed with a pair of JBL Ref 220 IEM's, they were the first pair of IEM's I ever ordered online. The cable rubbing noise drove me insane and I didn't like their signature to much either, all while have almost zero isolation.

They have an open back. They're not designed to isolate. That's a strange idea when you think about it.

I find most IEMs have too much microphonics without putting the cable over your ear.

Jan 21, 2010 at 10:47 PM Post #67 of 83
Altec Lansing im616. I value them at $60. Someone said they were based on the ER4 driver. Please. They have no bass impact at all (literally none) and were incredibly tinny no matter how they fit. Details and separation, however, were pretty good for the price. So if you like details but hate sound quality, look no further!

Jan 21, 2010 at 10:59 PM Post #68 of 83
Altec Lansing im716. Sound like poor man's Ety ER4? Yeah right. Totally dry, thin, flat, uninvolved sound and terrible ergonomics. Detail, separation and extension were sure good though, but everything else was crap. I eventually lost them and don't regret it one bit.

Oh yeah and M-Audio IE40 are a close second. Maybe mine was faulty though. It had bloated, out of tune upper bass and blurry midrange. Treble was very good though, but that didn't help.

Jan 21, 2010 at 11:39 PM Post #70 of 83
This new pair of meelectronic m9 might be the worst I have heard so far. left channel has static noises from time to time, bass covers the other 2 frequencies while not being punchy at all. Mids and highs are okay, just low on volume. This is only its 3rd hour of burn in, so hopefully I don't have to return them. I don't quite remember how ipod headphones sounds like, but I want to say the m9 are worse.

Jan 22, 2010 at 12:01 AM Post #73 of 83
UE metro.fi 220 I've listened to them like few seconds. Literally I couldn't stand the sound. Totally bass overwhelming and there's nothing more beside bass. I rate them lower than CX300.
Also Shure SE530 the sound is dull, great amout of bass, I didn't feel those best of best "mids". There're no highs at all...
IE7 another misunderstanding. Bass is bloated, overpowered, lack details, mids and highs aren't good enough for my taste (considering price) I prefered NE-7m over IE7

Jan 22, 2010 at 3:12 AM Post #74 of 83
back in the day....
skullcandy titans not that great but better then shure 115's.

Jan 22, 2010 at 3:27 AM Post #75 of 83
NuForce NE-8. Anemic sound. Weird fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back