Worst IEM you owned so far
Jan 18, 2010 at 12:30 AM Post #16 of 83
The worst IEM's I have ever owned (though I didn't exactly buy them... long story, but I had them for perfectly legitimate reasons lol) were the Sony EX700, which were just overwhelmingly disappointing - especially considering the stratospheric price they cost in Australia. (An RRP of around $800 dollars!)

At that point I had my RE0's, and had read enough reviews of the Sony to know not to expect something amazing. What I truly didn't expect was such a thin, uninvolving and wholly uninteresting sound from them. Extended bass with no substance, painful treble sibilance, a stupid cord design with a weighty extension cord connecter that swung all around the place - I was floored that Sony still had the arrogance to claim they were in a top-tier league (though I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear they sell well enough.)

The only nice things I can say about them is that they are beautiful looking things, with fantastic build quality. They were fast, and had a pretty good soundstage. Apart from that, they are outperformed in every way by every other IEM I've bought by following recommendations on Head Fi. I've never been more disappointed by a pair of IEM's, and for me they are my biggest mark against the Sony brand. (Which is otherwise my favourite consumer electronics brand
biggrin.gif
Oh how it hurts.)

This does not however put me off wanting to try the Sony PFR-V1's very badly!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 18, 2010 at 12:30 AM Post #17 of 83
UHP336's for me. They were my first "real" set of IEMs though, but sound awful after getting used to my RE0's. Really weird fit, crappy cable, and the sound just isn't very good. The mids are so forward, I can barely listen to Steely Dan's song My Old School with them. I had many good times with them, but I'm really glad I moved on. Maybe one day when I get enough money I'll get them reshelled into customs just for laughs.

Jan 18, 2010 at 12:38 AM Post #18 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGreen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
CX300.
Just terrible all round IMVHO

I agree but I had the CX400's, It still was a huge improvement over standard but they broke every couple of months.

I dont regret it at all though thats what started my IEM experience, they broke and i got the Se210, then made the jump to TF10's
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 18, 2010 at 12:39 AM Post #19 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by bba1973 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
UHP336's for me. They were my first "real" set of IEMs though, but sound awful after getting used to my RE0's. Really weird fit, crappy cable, and the sound just isn't very good. The mids are so forward, I can barely listen to Steely Dan's song My Old School with them. I had many good times with them, but I'm really glad I moved on. Maybe one day when I get enough money I'll get them reshelled into customs just for laughs.

Funny how tastes evolve. I remember you recommending them endlessly (with a Zune HD and BSG Cmoy if I'm not mistaken) when you got them.

Jan 18, 2010 at 12:56 AM Post #21 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Funny how tastes evolve. I remember you recommending them endlessly (with a Zune HD and BSG Cmoy if I'm not mistaken) when you got them.

Hey, I had to start somewhere. At least I know what treble is now.

Jan 18, 2010 at 1:28 AM Post #26 of 83
... Skullcandy Smokin Buds hands down, usually break within 2 weeks, sound is extremely flat to try and give an illusion that the bass is good, but it is not... at all.

in short... Build quality sucks, sound sucks, even on sale for $20 bucks I'd rather own $5 walmart brands...

Jan 18, 2010 at 1:37 AM Post #29 of 83
The buds that came with my iPod touch. Yuck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back