Worst headphones you've ever heard? / Low-fi experiences?
Jan 4, 2011 at 8:10 PM Post #151 of 212
and the left and right sound out of phase with a really weird soundstage if any. It is like a 1 year old wired those headphones at the factory.

Quote:
Airline headphones.  No bass at all, mids were horribly disfigured, highs were flat out shrill.  With every note it sounded like they were crying for help and I wanted to put them out of their misery.  

Jan 6, 2011 at 3:20 PM Post #153 of 212
I had to reply to this one...   I remember getting a pair of these from radioshack, with the radioshack logo rapped around instead of the koss, but I'm sure they were of the same 'quality'. I also remember throwing them in a drawer after about ten minutes listen. There is a long, and very hard, plastic tube that the foam pieces rest on and it stabbed me in the ear canal the first time i put them on. These get my vote for worst IEM ever. 

Quote:
Koss The Plug. Just horrible!

PLUG_1.jpg

Jan 6, 2011 at 4:59 PM Post #154 of 212
1) Dollar store (yes, exactly $1) buds, got them for the little foam covers to replace the ones my wife lost on her sennheisers - my god, my dad's 1950 am radio sounded better

2) The ones that come with the nintendo ds kit I got for my son last xmas - these are the type that hook over the ear - sounded about as good as the speaker on the ds

3) apple ear buds - wow, just when you think they might actually sound okay you just need to A/B em'

Jan 6, 2011 at 5:54 PM Post #155 of 212
i recently bought a set from one of those deal a day websites.  they had dcx "noise isolating" ear buds, 2 for 4 bucks shipped.  i thought "wouldn't hurt to try right?". so i bought them....and they are worse than stock ear buds.  the wire is terrible, the tips do not seal at all, the wire is loose from where it goes into the ear piece, cheap rigid plastic... i kind of use one pair, but not really because they are a definite downgrade.  i took the other pair and left it at my work place for someone else to find

Feb 9, 2011 at 9:10 PM Post #157 of 212
You guys have no idea. Dollar store earbuds are heaven compared to the in ear noise makers they give on planes. I opened them up and it wasnt even a magnet. The coil of the diaphram was scraping against the magnetized "thing", and it seems that they cut the machine that punches put the diaphram got misaligned or not aligned at all because I had the right side of one driver and the matching opposite side were cut in half and facing away from each other. Im sure those tin beepers found in toys sound alot better

Feb 9, 2011 at 10:03 PM Post #159 of 212

Found them in my school's computer lab, has just enough bass not for other bands to sound like noise, other than else it's muffled noise.
I have used many crappy earphones/IEMs that made my Apple earbuds sound great, like the iRiver earbuds, in-ear earphones from Walmart, cheap Sony earphones, but now that the Skullcandy Ink'd have widened my ear canal, I cannot get a good seal with iBuds and results in crappy sound.

Feb 10, 2011 at 12:18 AM Post #160 of 212
Skullcandy Skullcrushers for sure... Demoed them at a local best buy, and ****, they sound bad... Tons and tons of bass, if you can even call it that... more like a low-pitched buzzing IMO... And when you turn on the stupid "bass boost" feature it gets even worse... God, and they wanted $80 for it?!?!

Feb 10, 2011 at 3:49 PM Post #161 of 212
Feb 10, 2011 at 4:22 PM Post #162 of 212
^ ^ ^
Serously???... Spider-man headphones??? Don't tell me you've actually put something looking like this in your ears and on top of that expected sound quality LOL

Feb 10, 2011 at 4:34 PM Post #163 of 212

Quote:
I refuse to believe anything equal to or worse than these can even be considered earphones:
http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&source=imghp&biw=1440&bih=813&q=spiderman+earphones&gbv=2&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=&oq=

My only listening experience on those things has undoubtedly scarred me for life...I'd rather deal with iPod OEM earbuds for the rest of my life than have to listen to those even one more time.

Hahahahaha, that made me seriously laugh so hard. I wonder if a competing Batman-version exist. The comparison between those two would truly be a review of epic proportions, with Batman on top of course, but let's leave it there. All in all, you can't beat the awesomeness of that ;D

Btw, would you describe the sound as silky and textured with a lot of oumpf? Haha.

Feb 10, 2011 at 4:46 PM Post #164 of 212
Feb 10, 2011 at 5:18 PM Post #165 of 212
Btw, would you describe the sound as silky and textured with a lot of oumpf?

Yes, like a pair of tweeters that suffered irreparable water damage, plugged into a stereo-to-mono adapter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back