Worst headphones you've ever heard? / Low-fi experiences?
Mar 31, 2010 at 4:14 PM Post #122 of 212
I wouldn't say worst - but I vote Speedlink Medusa 5.1s for most overpriced. I'd put the sound quality on par with some £6 Philips earbuds I own. The Medusas cost me £40 and retail for about £60 these days.

Mar 31, 2010 at 4:35 PM Post #123 of 212
I would have to say the MDR-V150 is the worst I have ever heard. The music sounded like it was being played really loudly through a wall.

Mar 31, 2010 at 5:23 PM Post #124 of 212
The worst headphones I have listened to most recently were the Beats by Dre. The sound was just not what I expected from the price that my friend paid for them. They sounded very muddy and the soundstage was just very small. It really bugs me when most college kids I meet want those headphones and think they sound amazing.

Mar 31, 2010 at 8:10 PM Post #126 of 212
Quote:

Originally Posted by DDRNemesis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The worst headphones I have listened to most recently were the Beats by Dre. The sound was just not what I expected from the price that my friend paid for them. They sounded very muddy and the soundstage was just very small. It really bugs me when most college kids I meet want those headphones and think they sound amazing.

Never underestimate the power of advertising and marketing.

Mar 31, 2010 at 11:20 PM Post #128 of 212
If we aren't counting stock DAP buds of any kind, the PX200 have to be the worst I ever heard.

Ever just have that "hate at first hear" feeling when you feel sick and just want them off your head as soon as possible. That's what I had.

Tried them with a beautiful Joni Mitchel track (think in was Michael From Mountains) and it sounded like the poor girl had been shoved in a barrel full of mud and cotton wool and rolled down a hill.

Mar 31, 2010 at 11:47 PM Post #129 of 212
ive had three headphones i really hated. two were skullcandies(big surprise) and one was a koss sadly.

skullcandy lowriders, why the hell did i ever get those?? maybe cuz i was a dumb 16 year old who thought the crome and black looked cool.
redface.gif
for a over $40
redface.gif
set of headphones, they felt and sounded like cheap dollar store headphones. they're so flimsy and easily fell off my head and the sound was terrible. they're advertised as having lots of bass, but they really had no bass at all. but they were pretty durable, they only "broke" by getting twisted out of shape after enough backpack abuse.

skullcandy smokin buds, really don't know why i looked at these more expensive ones before the cheaper inkd ones, but they sucked. i returned two pairs as defective because again they had no bass. whenever i had a good seal they sounded muffled, had less bass and sounded worse. plus they made me feel claustorphobic like no other headphone ever has. other than that, the quality seemed cheap too, i could see myself trashing them easily. best thing ever was returning that second set and getting credit or w/e.

koss 'plug' inears, the first in ear headphone i tried 3 years ago. just stick a fork in your ear, it would be more fun!!
wink_face.gif
they're just too big, they look like frankenstine bolts sticking out the side of your head!! and the earplugs are just uncomfortable. shoving them in deeper only made em worse and they still stuck out too far and bumped against the inside of my helmet. that's just $%#@* annoying and defeats the purpose of listening to music while riding so i was done with those fast.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Koss The Plug. Just horrible!

PLUG_1.jpg

awwww, i wasn't the first to hate the koss plug.
frown.gif

but mine were white, the foam part was bigger and longer and the "butt" was bigger.

Apr 1, 2010 at 12:14 AM Post #131 of 212
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Koss The Plug. Just horrible!

PLUG_1.jpg

Thats the worse phone i ever bought that was actually recommended!!!

Next is AKG K26P - I actually had high hopes from these because so many deaf people praised these honky hollow fart canons!!!

Next is Sennheiser PMX200 - Hollow plastic craptastic junk!!! Senn' should be embarrassed!!!

Worst with no expectations were some buds that came with a free fm pocket radio.......they were absolutely useless!!!!

Apple Ibuds rot badly, but are improved with foam socks.

Apr 1, 2010 at 12:15 AM Post #132 of 212
My wife got a pair of earbuds on a flight last year - they sort of look like ibuds, but have no branding.

They are worth what she paid for them - nothing! Again, there are things that ibuds are better than, even though mine ar toys for the kids these days....

Apr 1, 2010 at 12:18 AM Post #133 of 212
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raguvian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would have to say the MDR-V150 is the worst I have ever heard. The music sounded like it was being played really loudly through a wall.

Yes!!! My sister has those! They sound like theyre stuffed with clay!!! Muffled crap!!! I wanna mod them with KSC75 drivers and drill holes in the back and see how they sound, but theyre not mine. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back