Worst headphones you've ever heard? / Low-fi experiences?
Nov 12, 2009 at 6:24 AM Post #106 of 212
It's funny that some of the worst headphones on the market, that are also somewhat overpriced, are some of the most popular. Skullcandy have been geniuses with how they have marketed their headphones, getting big name athletes and musicians to back them up, somewhat like Nike does. I know I have seen quite a few pairs around town or campus, many Metallica, Allen Iverson or Deron Williams models, or just some with camouflage, plaid or clown colors. Pretty smart to copy the ugly styles that kids like these days.

I can't believe it when I watch the masses walking around with them and just laugh to myself. But, we were all there at some point, til we came into our own as we experienced our first musical adolescent experience. I can still remember that first headphone "eargasm" when I first plugged in my HD600s. I never thought they could sound that good. Most people don't realize that, or don't care.

Having said that, Skullcandy aren't the worst I have ever heard, but are probably the most common bad can that good money paid for. The worst I have heard are easily the earbuds that came with my gameboy way back when. Not only were they terrible, but they hurt like hell. I remember treasuring my gameboy, but tossing those earbuds in the trash can when I got home from my family vacation and could use my other less crappy headphones.

Nov 12, 2009 at 8:21 PM Post #107 of 212
Skull Candys are impressive. By far the most popular non iBud earphone or headphone on my way to work. And these are not college students, high school kiddies or junior high wannabes. But professional adults.

Worst I've bought were a pair of JVC years back, don't remember the model. Recently I bought UE Super-Fi 3 Studio just to have on the train or something. I was not amazed, and not that interested in upgrading either. Not impressed by the IEM sound or the comfort. I may jump on a Etymotic ER4P if one cheap comes my way.

I guess overall for IEM worst, all of them, haven't found one I like yet.

Nov 12, 2009 at 8:33 PM Post #108 of 212
Some apple ibud clone that came free with a four pack of batteries...

Nov 12, 2009 at 9:10 PM Post #110 of 212
I hate all earbuds (not In ear), never fit my ears right and sound awful! I think the worst ones I've heard are the ones that come with my Phone, ear buds with a silly connection, actually most phone ones are pretty awful!

Nov 12, 2009 at 9:18 PM Post #111 of 212
The iem's that came with a bold I had last year were pretty atrocious.
tongue.gif

Mar 31, 2010 at 2:07 PM Post #116 of 212
The 99 cents earphones I bought from my school. They are probably one the of world worst earphones available for sale; I dont even know what I even listening to when Im wearing them!!!

Mar 31, 2010 at 2:58 PM Post #117 of 212
My brother bought some phillips cheap buds from target to replace his ibuds. They were like 15 bucks, but sounded terrible and actually electrocuted me when I put them in. He has since replaced them with some sk titans
frown.gif
but at least that's better than getting shocked every time he puts his buds in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back