Worst Fanboys?
Dec 2, 2011 at 3:41 AM Post #361 of 636

Quote:
Well, companies like Brainwavz and Fischer Audio make headphones that rival ones that cost over $300 or $400 and priced them at $140-170.

Headphones are about a year or two behind IEMs in terms of the cheaper headphones competing with ones that are many times their price. It all began with RE0 and then DBA-02.

Which $300-400 IEM are you referring to?

Dec 2, 2011 at 6:12 AM Post #364 of 636

Quote:
I want you to name them because I'm curious.
tongue_smile.gif

I don't have any authority on that subject. From what I have read from many reviewers, those two are regarded highly and have been compared to a number of other top-tier universial IEMs. In terms of which one is better, it's probably down to preference.

Dec 2, 2011 at 6:53 AM Post #365 of 636

Quote:
I don't have any authority on that subject. From what I have read from many reviewers, those two are regarded highly and have been compared to a number of other top-tier universial IEMs. In terms of which one is better, it's probably down to preference.

Blind hype. 

Dec 2, 2011 at 7:33 AM Post #368 of 636
What about some examples of their reviews. Head-fi links should be allowed, right?

Dec 2, 2011 at 7:58 AM Post #370 of 636

Well, companies like Brainwavz and Fischer Audio make headphones that rival ones that cost over $300 or $400 and priced them at $140-170.

Headphones are about a year or two behind IEMs in terms of the cheaper headphones competing with ones that are many times their price. It all began with RE0 and then DBA-02.

Quote:

This is blind hype.

Another example would be, lets say Jack writes a glowing review of the HD25 and says that in his opinion, it outperforms many headphones twice/three times it's price like for example the Denon D7000, Ultrasone Pro 900, Hifiman HE500. John reads this and posts this info in another review, saying "the HD25 outperforms many headphones, even those above it's price range". Next thing you know, it's become a fact.

It doesn't only apply to product reviews. 

Dec 2, 2011 at 8:16 AM Post #371 of 636

Hence why if you're buying a headphone 'unheard' off one 'here say' review then you're taking a big chance!

It's always prudent to seek out 4 even 5 opinions and hope for some general consensus among those, even
  then you'll have your own personal tastes to deal with at the end of the day.

Dec 2, 2011 at 8:24 AM Post #372 of 636

Quote:
This is blind hype.

What I said was based on not just one reviewer or two, or even three. Plenty of people find RE0 and DBA-02 to be up there with many other high end universials. Like I don't have to listen to M50 or HD25 to know that it's well regarded with a few exceptions. Head-fiers know the difference between a review/comparison and general comments, if not, they are not old enough to be around this forum (like an 8 year old with limited comprehesion ability and critical thinking)

Basically, I summarised and generalised to make a point. I could say "Beats are not quite bad, but they're not worth the price" without listening to them, because that's what those who have heard them have said in this forum. But, you call that blind bash, don't you? Or if I said "HD650 and DT880 will need something more than a simple E5 or onboard sound card to be driven well" based on logical inference from their specs even though I don't have either of them, I wouldn't be spitting lies. But you'd call that blind speculation, wouldn't you?

On a related note, unless you have heard those companies' products or the aforementioned IEMs and think that their are overated compared to your arsenal of top-tier 'phones (which have not been listed if they ever exist), I can also call what you have said about me blind anti-hype for the same reason. Also, read carefully what I said, see how I didn't say state expensive headphones in particular that RE0 and DBA-02 can wrestle with, and that I asked the person to read and research more extensively (to make up their mind).

Dec 2, 2011 at 8:35 AM Post #373 of 636

Quote:

What I said was based on not just one reviewer or two, or even three. Plenty of people find RE0 and DBA-02 to be up there with many other high end universials. Like I don't have to listen to M50 or HD25 to know that it's well regarded with a few exceptions. Head-fiers know the difference between a review/comparison and general comments, if not, they are not old enough to be around this forum (like an 8 year old with limited comprehesion ability and critical thinking)

Basically, I summarised a generalisation. I could say "Beats are not quite bad, but they're not worth the price" without listening to them, because that's what those who have heard them have said in this forum. But, you call that blind bash, don't you? Or if I said "HD650 and DT880 will need something more than a simple E5 or onboard sound card to be driven well" even though I don't have either of them, based on logical inference on their specs. But you'd call that blind speculation, wouldn't you?

On a related note, unless you have heard those companies' products or the aforementioned IEMs and think that their are overated compared to your arsenal of top-tier 'phones, I can also call what you have said about me blind anti-hype for the same reason.

Rofl.

Please.

HD650 and DT880 & amp : irrelevant.
Beats are not quite bad, but they're not worth the price: Usually said by people who haven't even tried the Beats yet. Worth the price? Not quite bad? Vague. Subjective. Opinions.
Fischer and Brainwavs making iems that rival earphones twice/3 times their cost: Opinions.

You can't present them as facts. 

So don't get worked up.

A UMAD bro pic would be appropriate here.

but I cbb'd. 

Dec 2, 2011 at 8:37 AM Post #374 of 636
Honestly, if you've never heard the headphone in question, don't speak as if you have. It's that simple.

Dec 2, 2011 at 8:39 AM Post #375 of 636

Quote:
HD650 and DT880 & amp : irrelevant.

Please, I may argue everybody's judgement on the requirment of amp is a very subjective matter. If I owned HD650 and said they sound good enough with E5, it wouldn't be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back