Worst Fanboys?
Dec 2, 2011 at 9:29 AM Post #391 of 636
I'm a generics fanboy. I love generic cables, generic milk, generic... except generic headphones.

Dec 2, 2011 at 9:37 AM Post #392 of 636

Quote:
Audio Techinca Ath M50 fanboys no doubt. There is no reasoning with them about their value.

._. I'm going to avoid an Ad Hominem but, well, read the actual argument being proposed. In the thread which your post is so obviously referring to no one has actually made a value judgement on the M50s.... Everyone is just arguing with YOUR depiction of it.

Dec 2, 2011 at 9:54 AM Post #393 of 636

Quote:

._. I'm going to avoid an Ad Hominem but, well, read the actual argument being proposed. In the thread which your post is so obviously referring to no one has actually made a value judgement on the M50s.... Everyone is just arguing with YOUR depiction of it.

Whatever. I have run into that guy before and yes he has attacked the value on them.

Dec 2, 2011 at 9:56 AM Post #395 of 636

Quote:
Whatever. I have run into that guy before and yes he has attacked the value on them.

Also if people are going to judge my impressions they should listen to what else i have first. I find the m50s harsh and muffled in comparison to the srh840 and sennheiser hd 25 1 ii.

Dec 2, 2011 at 12:57 PM Post #398 of 636
Dec 2, 2011 at 2:01 PM Post #400 of 636
The worst I've encountered are Apple fanboys and by far.  The amount of justification and blinders never ceases to amaze me (for some background I'm in IT desktop support working in San Francisco)

In terms of headphone fanboys...Beats fans have been the worst.  When your best argument is "They're the best because they're the most expensive/Dre Produced them/They're on American Idol/look the best/etc" well, can't say much.  At least most of the other fanboys are rabid about their brand/can because of how it sounds.

Dec 2, 2011 at 2:43 PM Post #401 of 636
For all the crap the brand has put out, Skullcandy owners are usually pretty level-headed. I wish I could say the same for Beats/Bose/Sennheiser/Audeze fanboys.

Dec 2, 2011 at 2:49 PM Post #402 of 636
I disliked the RE0s, actually preferred the RE1 to them.

Dec 2, 2011 at 3:24 PM Post #403 of 636
Anime fanboys. 

Dec 2, 2011 at 3:39 PM Post #404 of 636
Worst fanboys?

Bose fanboys. Clueless about audio, the phones themselves are over-promoted and kind of boring.
Ultrasone fanboys. Some decent headphones here, but a few users have dominated this forum for years.
Beats fanboys. The phones don't sound bad, but the price is ridiculous for molded plastic that breaks easily. Their fan base is silly.
Ety fanboys. Don't fit right, don't sound right, uncomfortable, overpriced. Somehow, some fans love 'em.

Dec 2, 2011 at 4:03 PM Post #405 of 636
Let's see...  I'd say first Apple fanboys with the bronies coming in at a very close second.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back