Worst Fanboys?
Dec 2, 2011 at 8:41 AM Post #377 of 636

Quote:

Please, I may argue everybody's judgement on the requirment of amp is a very subjective matter. If I owned HD650 and said they sound good enough with E5, it wouldn't be wrong.

Quote 1:  ...based on logical inference on their specs...
Quote 2:  everybody's judgement on the requirment of amp is a very subjective matter.

So from which angle do you want to pursue this from?

Dec 2, 2011 at 8:48 AM Post #379 of 636

Quote:

What about recommending headphones you "heard (from reviews/friends)"?

Nothing wrong with that, imo. 

But it's always good to put a disclaimer: I personally haven't heard these, so maybe you should check up on appreciation/hater threads. 

And then offer other options. 

Edit: I realise this contradicts my prev post, needa go revise my wording. 

Dec 2, 2011 at 8:49 AM Post #380 of 636

Quote:
What about recommending headphones you "heard (from reviews/friends)"?

Yeah, this guy has a problem with every single head-fier who has said something positive about a product or company that they had never experienced first-hand (I have first hand positive experience with Brainwavz and Fischers if you're wondering); he's calling those comments blind hypes. I trust people like Joker (and many other veteran head-fiers) enough to recommend ksc75 to others (fellow head-fier or friends or family) if they needed some quality headphones for under $20. But that's blind hype too unfortunately by the definition of a well-spoken head-fier Blue Boat.

Quote:

Double standard much?

In case you forgot, you called my following post blind hype.

Quote:
I don't have any authority on that subject. From what I have read from many reviewers, those two are regarded highly and have been compared to a number of other top-tier universial IEMs. In terms of which one is better, it's probably down to preference.

Dec 2, 2011 at 8:54 AM Post #381 of 636

Quote:

Yeah, this guy has a problem with every single head-fier who has said something positive about a product or company that they had never experienced first-hand; he's calling those comments blind hypes. I trust people like Joker (and many other veteran head-fiers) enough to recommend ksc75 to others (fellow head-fier or friends or family) if they needed some quality headphones for under $20. But that's blind hype too unfortunately by the definition of a well-spoken head-fier Blue Boat.

Blind hype is this, you twit.

HEADPHONE A IS BETTER THAN HEADPHONE B MANY TIMES ITS PRICE. 

Do you understand the meaning of hype?

Recommending is fine, as long as you say YMMV, I've personally never heard them, etc.

This is recommending: I THINK HEADPHONE A SUITS YOU WELL. IT'S BEEN RECOMMENDED BY SOME WHO OWN blablabla. 

When you're actually talking about giant killers, and how crappy headphone sounds, etc when you've never heard them? That's blind hype. 

Dec 2, 2011 at 9:00 AM Post #383 of 636
I never used the word "better". You know the word rival means compete, when I said rival I meant those phones were competitive with many other good ones. If you looked even closer, I wasn't recommending headphones to anybody at all. I was making a generalisation or a point. It was in response to why good headphones cost so much.

Quote:

Blind hype is this, you twit.

umadbro? Name calling is for kids.
Quote:
HEADPHONE A IS BETTER THAN HEADPHONE B MANY TIMES ITS PRICE. 

I didn't say better. Strawman? These are your words not mine.

Dec 2, 2011 at 9:03 AM Post #384 of 636
Let me break this down for you.

Well, companies like Brainwavz and Fischer Audio make headphones that rival ones that cost over $300 or $400 and priced them at $140-170.

Headphones are about a year or two behind IEMs in terms of the cheaper headphones competing with ones that are many times their price. It all began with RE0 and then DBA-02.

Bold statement. No disclaimer. (hype)

Quote:
I don't have any authority on that subject. From what I have read from many reviewers, those two are regarded highly and have been compared to a number of other top-tier universial IEMs. In terms of which one is better, it's probably down to preference.

Gets called out. (blind)

Total: Blind hype.

If this were the case...

Well, companies like Brainwavz and Fischer Audio make headphones that rival ones that cost over $300 or $400 and priced them at $140-170.

Headphones are about a year or two behind IEMs in terms of the cheaper headphones competing with ones that are many times their price. It all began with RE0 and then DBA-02.

Strong statement. (hype).

From my experience, those two compare to a number of other top-tier universial IEMs. In terms of which one is better, it's probably down to preference.

Strong statement backed with experience.

Total: Hype

but if this were the case

Quote:
John /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well, imo companies like Brainwavz and Fischer Audio make headphones that rival ones that cost over $300 or $400 and priced them at $140-170.

Headphones are about a year or two behind IEMs in terms of the cheaper headphones competing with ones that are many times their price. It all began with RE0 and then DBA-02, from what I've read.

Opinion

In terms of which one is better, it's probably down to preference. I'd go for the RE0 purely based on reviews.

Disclaimer

Total: Recommendation.

Dec 2, 2011 at 9:07 AM Post #386 of 636
Please don't change anything when you are using direct quotes with my username. It is called dishonesty in academia, and it's not far from it in online forums. You may put the sentences in your own quotes as examples for illustration.

Dec 2, 2011 at 9:10 AM Post #387 of 636

Quote:
Please don't change anything when you are using direct quotes with my username. It is called dishonesty in academia, and it's not far from it in online forums. You may put the sentences in your own quotes as examples for illustration.

brb clutching straws. 

Did you even read the post, try to make sense of what I said?

or you too busy nerdragin? 

Edit: Changed it.

Dec 2, 2011 at 9:15 AM Post #389 of 636

Quote:
How?

I was half trolling/recommending another option.

Originally Posted by loliwin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

buy Skullcandy Skullcrushers. I heard they have subs in those. 

Dude, if you dont know what you're talking about please do not post. I have the skullcandy skullcrushers. They have no bass, just vibrations, and are all plastic. ****tiest headphones I've ever had.

Here's your original statement since you edited your statement.

Blue Boat

But it's always good to put a disclaimer: I personally haven't heard these, so maybe you should check up on appreciation/hater threads. 

And then offer other options. 

Half-trolling? I would argue with you no more. Thanks for your contribution!

Dec 2, 2011 at 9:24 AM Post #390 of 636
Audio Techinca Ath M50 fanboys no doubt. There is no reasoning with them about their value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back