Worst Fanboys?
Dec 2, 2011 at 12:54 AM Post #347 of 636

Quote:
I disagree.  Most 30 dollar headphones sound like crap.  Only ones I've heard that don't are the ksc75.  And they may very well be partly luck/happy mistake.

Just cause most do doesn't mean a good sounding headphone can't be made/had for $30. That is what I am really saying. I bet a company could make a good sounding headphone for that price and still make a profit. What if a $150 headphone is actually a companies $30 headphone? Like they planned on selling it for that price, but realized that because it sounds as nice as it does, they should price it much higher? I'm not saying this absolutely the case, but it possibly could be. Most, if not all companies are about the bottom line. If they think they can get $150 for a headphone that costs $10 to produce, they'll do it. 

Dec 2, 2011 at 1:10 AM Post #349 of 636

Quote:
It's actually not that easy to make a really good sounding headphone imo.  Either that or every headphone company is really lazy, which could be true...

I didn't think it was, but I was being a bit hypothetical. Some headphone manufacturers are literally making billions of dollars. There is no doubt in my mind they could make a great sounding headphone for a much smaller price. But if you have a headphone that rivals $300 ones in sound, you're not going to sell it for $50-$75. That is the sad truth I am afraid. 

Dec 2, 2011 at 1:21 AM Post #350 of 636

Quote:
I didn't think it was, but I was being a bit hypothetical. Some headphone manufacturers are literally making billions of dollars. There is no doubt in my mind they could make a great sounding headphone for a much smaller price. But if you have a headphone that rivals $300 ones in sound, you're not going to sell it for $50-$75. That is the sad truth I am afraid. 

We live in a capitalistic society. If a company makes a $50 headphone i have no doubt they will sell it for 3x that amount. It's how companies make money. Don't like it? Not much you can do about it. It's the sacrifice we make for variety.

Dec 2, 2011 at 1:29 AM Post #351 of 636

Quote:

Well, companies like Brainwavz and Fischer Audio make headphones that rival ones that cost over $300 or $400 and priced them at $140-170.

Headphones are about a year or two behind IEMs in terms of the cheaper headphones competing with ones that are many times their price. It all began with RE0 and then DBA-02.

Dec 2, 2011 at 1:52 AM Post #354 of 636

Right on! Bizarre tangents ahoy for any thread I say 
smile.gif

Dec 2, 2011 at 1:54 AM Post #355 of 636
im a bit of a beyer fan boy.
and im the worst.

Dec 2, 2011 at 1:56 AM Post #356 of 636
I see a point with something specific and gear related like a thread about a headphone because people want to get that specific info.  But off topic discussion is a lot more intersting than people just pooing out their list of worst fanboys and moving on to soil the next thread. 

Dec 2, 2011 at 2:00 AM Post #357 of 636
haha
absolutely.
i mean 2 or 3 pages back this thread was great entertainment.
but i mean
yeah
oh beats fans are the worst
senn fans suck
grado fans are dicks
zzzz...
zz.
zzzzzz.....
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Dec 2, 2011 at 2:05 AM Post #358 of 636
Fanboys of keeping threads on topic are the worst. 
cool.gif

Dec 2, 2011 at 3:28 AM Post #360 of 636

Quote:
I disagree.  Most 30 dollar headphones sound like crap.  Only ones I've heard that don't are the ksc75.  And they may very well be partly luck/happy mistake.

Koss does still seem to be the best for stretching one's budget while still providing decent sound in general IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back