Worst Fanboys?
Nov 30, 2011 at 7:15 PM Post #286 of 636

Quote:
Nope. Between it and the HE-500, I liked the HE-500 better for it's comfort and feel on my head.

Do you have a point? I don't have to own the LCD-X series to understand why it's compared to the modded T50RP and another Ortho is not.

Very best,

Have you tried them?

Nov 30, 2011 at 7:21 PM Post #288 of 636

Quote:
Be more specific.

However, I will just speed up the response based on the two possible headphones you are likely to mention. The answer is: yes, and yes.

Have you? Do you have all these headphones too? Is this thread becoming this?

Very best,

Chill dude. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 30, 2011 at 7:41 PM Post #292 of 636

Quote:
Quote:
Have you actually owned an LCD-X?

Nope. Between it and the HE-500, I liked the HE-500 better for it's comfort and feel on my head.

Do you have a point? I don't have to own the LCD-X series to understand why it's compared to the modded T50RP and another Ortho is not. HeadFi this year is literally almost "LCD2-Fi.org"
wink_face.gif

Very best,

So what? Even if you took those that dislike the LCD-2 out of the equation, as well as those that didn't really care for them but were swept away by the so-called "hype" (if these people even exist) - that would still leave quite a number of people who stand by the praise expressed in the past. Not everyone has bailed on a sinking ship.

It's cool if the LCD-2 wasn't for you, but why frown upon its accolades? All those people who at one time enjoyed them couldn't have been fooled. Could they?

Nov 30, 2011 at 7:44 PM Post #294 of 636

Quote:
The worst Fanboys are Fanboys who complain about other Fanboys.

No. the worst fanbodys are those who never admit or even realise what they are. It's okay to be a fanboy as long as you know you are one.

Nov 30, 2011 at 8:01 PM Post #296 of 636

Quote:

Do you have a point? I don't have to own the LCD-X series to understand why it's compared to the modded T50RP and another Ortho is not. HeadFi this year is literally almost "LCD2-Fi.org"
wink_face.gif

Very best,

I only got a few seconds on the HE500, when I went to test it the computer it was hooked up to was not playing sound.

I later got to hear both and loved the T50rp because of it's closed design. Don't really remember how the HE500 sounded though.

Nov 30, 2011 at 8:48 PM Post #297 of 636

Quote:
Of course, but it'd be ridiculous to claim that the LCD-2 could touch that feeling you get from real drums. I have a great speaker set, which I'm sure you wouldn't like, but they come closer to live presentation than any headphone. I remember when I was listening to Ron Carter with his band play in a larger hall, but quite up close, and it was almost impossible to distinct his play admidst the rest of his quartet. Same goes to the many live performances I see every week (my girlfriend studies in a pop/jazz conservatory so I get to listen to a lot of different setups in different rooms, but I'm still no expert). Disregarding drums and how they sound, how loud or clear would you say an acoustic bass or another melodic unamplified instrument, that goes low, would play relative to other instruments in a standard quartet, for instance? I'd genuinely like to hear your take on this, since you claim to have experience as a musician (rare here 
tongue_smile.gif
). 

No argument here that a good speaker setup smokes any headphone period. My issue, I've got 2 young kids (3 and 7) who go to bed at 8pm...so speaker listening is out for me. That's kinda why I found this place years ago.

Quote:
He's talking about a damped, modified T50rp.  They come stock with no damping in the cups whatsoever.  Which is like selling a car with no wheels.  The stock sound doesn't say much about their modfied sound. 

Or a Grado headphone.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back