Worst Fanboys?
Nov 30, 2011 at 6:44 AM Post #257 of 636
Another thing that I've noticed is a lot more Windows users are anti-Apple than Apple users are anti-Windows.

Nov 30, 2011 at 7:05 AM Post #258 of 636
The FOTM-fans are especially annoying. I tend to ignore those.

Windows versus Apple, as long as I am not restricted in what I want to do I am fine. I prefer Windows for now despite its niggles...

Nov 30, 2011 at 7:19 AM Post #259 of 636

Quote:
That's because the worst Apple fans are doing good work at ruining the brand.

apple doesn't need anybody to ruin itself.. and that's from a mac user :)

Nov 30, 2011 at 7:36 AM Post #260 of 636
Word is that Apple's not only coming out with their own television (made for them by Sharp), but rumors are heating up again that they will use unlicensed Wi-Fi spectrum as way to bypass cellular carriers in setting up their own mobile phone iPhone voice/data network.

Nov 30, 2011 at 9:33 AM Post #261 of 636

Quote:
 but rumors are heating up again that they will use unlicensed Wi-Fi spectrum as way to bypass cellular carriers in setting up their own mobile phone iPhone voice/data network.

I always thought they would do such a thing, It's the logical next step. apple is going to be a HUGE company in the years to come..

Nov 30, 2011 at 9:53 AM Post #262 of 636

Quote:
Spoken like a true member of Team Treble-head.
biggrin.gif

Why are so many afraid of real life bass?
tongue.gif

Noooo, it's fake bass! Go to an acoustic live venue (unamplified) and you actually hear that the acoustic double bass is subdued relative to many other instruments. Most often it's the hi-hat or crash cymbal of a drum set that jumps out at you (not to mention brass), at least if played to a larger crowd, and bass becomes almost inaudible. This turns around on the mixing table, however. 

Why are you so afraid of hearing the top harmonics? At all? 
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 30, 2011 at 10:04 AM Post #263 of 636

Quote:
Another thing that I've noticed is a lot more Windows users are anti-Apple than Apple users are anti-Windows.

That's because Apple users understand how useful Windows is, and many need it for certain applications. Windows users can live without Mac all the time, whereas Mac users can't live without Windows a lot of the times.

Nov 30, 2011 at 10:09 AM Post #264 of 636

Quote:
Funny, I have a house full of everything but Apple products, and they work so very well, too.
wink.gif

Funny, no apple works for me! ... Except my 160gb classic, which they now chose to discontinue 
frown.gif

Pre-intel macs are still great for video editing purposes (latest G5), but stutter with youtube videos. I was always sick of the you-know-what. My dad's married to apple, and also kind of hates them for making stupid software/hardware decisions and having to pay thousands for pro-tools upgrades etc. But one can't change now if he's used them since mid 80s.

Problem is that when something does not work, it really doesn't and there's nothing you can do, unless you're handy with linux-programming...

My biggest complaint with apple is their disregard for nature. The designs are so integrated that their service policy is basically "change for a new one", because it's inefficient to fix them, producing partly recyclable and partly wasted heavy metals. Also having been a seller of apple products, I still can't get over the amount of cardboard one delivery of ipads produced: every piece is single packed in a bigger cardboard box with spacers and plastic. Same goes for their other products. They take so much more space that they need to make smaller international shipments thus really tripping up with even somewhat ecological values. 

"How can people know I upgraded if it looks the same" -mentality runs the fans. Just gotta have the latest piece of poop, even though it really wouldn't matter, again producing so much waste... 

Well, I'm happy with my android phone so far... 
normal_smile .gif

Have to add. Comparing OS's, I really like how smooth the OSX is, but don't like being restricted, I game a bit and love the fact that I can often solve a software problem, were it a format-conversion, video capture -problem or anything, for free! It's crazy how iOs software developers are required to have the latest piece of hardware and the latest version of the mac osx to be able to do so AND pay something like 150-200usd for the licence itself. On average, the software on app-store is better than android market, though I've purchased or downloaded crap from both places.

Nov 30, 2011 at 1:52 PM Post #265 of 636

Quote:
There's a lot more anti-Apple people than Apple fanboys IMO, but the tide is slowly turning. I use both OSX and Windows and appreciate what Apple brings to the table. There used to be more fundamental differences between the two platforms but now the differences are mostly just annoying like the differences between web browsers.

Like MacHero I've been using Apple products since the beginning. I'm pro iPod but anti-iPhone 
tongue.gif

I dun know, hipsters seem to be pretty thick these days.

Also I just hate the fact that apple releases an OS that's basically three FREE programs mashed into one on a machine that's "specially" build to be a pain to find upgrade and replacement parts for. The thing that bugs me most about apple fans in general is the fact that they really have no idea what they are talking about when it comes to computers, they say things suck as" My five year old apple runs better than your two year old computer" if you have a 2.2Ghz processor, it's not going to run as well as a 3.8Ghz processor simple as that.

Nov 30, 2011 at 3:18 PM Post #267 of 636

Quote:

in quantity but I think a ****** % of apple users are anti-windows

Linux rules all (except if you want to game, or share stuff easily, or use plug and play stuff or.......)

Nov 30, 2011 at 3:24 PM Post #269 of 636

Quote:
Noooo, it's fake bass! Go to an acoustic live venue (unamplified) and you actually hear that the acoustic double bass is subdued relative to many other instruments. Most often it's the hi-hat or crash cymbal of a drum set that jumps out at you (not to mention brass), at least if played to a larger crowd, and bass becomes almost inaudible. This turns around on the mixing table, however. 

Why are you so afraid of hearing the top harmonics? At all? 
tongue_smile.gif

I want to hear the entire spectrum not just the treble.
bigsmile_face.gif

With regards to live music, I used to play in a live jazz band for about 15 years (on the side) and have attended many live performances
wink.gif
....and the drums had real bass not just rumours of bass. Listen to say someone using a jackhammer on your beloved ER-4Ps and tell me that's how it sounds (credit to rthymdevils for this one).
tongue.gif

Nov 30, 2011 at 3:32 PM Post #270 of 636
T50RP "Modders". Period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back